Replies

• epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Impala007 wrote: »
    Exercise: Y
    Calories:N
    Tracked: N

Out of my normal role at work today anchored to a desk and didn’t get my normal amount of walking in. Got enough to meet the requirements, but my eating after I got home kinda got out of control. Tracked it until after some of dinner, but with a minimal amount of exercise calories to fall back on and in the mood to eat things deteriorated rapidly. It really shouldn’t have happened because I had plenty of calories left coming into dinner.
    My problem is there is no slightly going over. My mentality, which needs to change, is that a pass day used for a couple hundred calorie overage is a waste. One calorie or a thousand it all counts the same. Might as well get my money’s worth. I probably should be focusing on the bigger picture of how the thousand calories actually affects me as opposed to the disappointment of burning an unintended pass day.
    Even though I have been very successful in my journey to better health in the last 6 months, the old habits are still right below the surface and still come out. I don’t think that will ever completely go away...I’m not gonna lie... I like to eat! My thinking is, that once I get to where I want to be, if I can have 25-28 3Y days every month I should be able to maintain and stop my history of 40 pound weight swings. The key to it all is the basis of the UAC ...get your exercise, set your limit, and keep track of it every day......well almost every day.

Oh yeah...Pass day #1

I so relate!!! I'm here because I LOVE food and emotional overeating. You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you, in other words, You can DO it!
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    @Impala007 Wow, I understand that! Once I am over calories I tend to not log any more and that leads to me dropping out altogether. Good for you to keep going.
  • fitlulu4150
    fitlulu4150 Posts: 1,371 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    3/05

Exercise: Yes did about 40 minutes at home between hip PT and a little strength training

Calories: Yes under by about 200

Logged: Yes

My all time favorite outdoor activity has got to be swimming in the summer. I do mostly backstroke and love looking up at the sky, watching the clouds, birds and even airplanes go by. We have hawks in the neighborhood and I love watching them go out to hunt and bring a little tidbit home with them. 2nd favorite outdoor activity is hiking. Two of my children live in CO with their families and we always hike up in the mountains when I'm there. So beautiful and lots of animal sightings.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • LoriAnna62
    LoriAnna62 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    March 5
    Exercised?
    Yes: 10 Min. Elliptical, 30 Min. Stationary Bike, 5 Min. Stretching
    Stayed within calorie budget?
    Yes: 1345 Food - 287 Exercise = 1058
    Tracked everything?
    Yes
    1 Pass Left

I grew up on a farm in Iowa and hated it. I swore when I grew up I would find some place with a ton of cement and stay there. I've done that. We live in an upscale mobile home court where they mow our little strip of lawn for us. :D I avoid going outside if at all possible. (Exaggerating :p ) I love my home gym - elliptical and recumbent stationary bike and big TV with lots of chick flick DVD's & streaming channels available. I do HIIT to keep my heart pumping.
  • avalonblues
    avalonblues Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    March 5
    Exercised? YES, body weight exercises
    Tracked? YES
    Calories? YES
    Passes Used: 0/3
    Question:
    What exercise activities are actually fun for you?
    Answer:
    I enjoy Crossfit & to a lesser degree, golf
    I don't consider it exercise, but according to my FitBit I have a high calorie burn when my band plays a show.
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    BLEH - rough day... tried to salvage it...but let's just call this a pass day...still under tdee, but over my goal that I set for myself...; learned I am definitely correct that planning my day is necessary...and if I vary after that...fine - but this winging it all day...nope. I did exercise and I did log every morsel.
  • Bill70sStrong
    Bill70sStrong Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options

Pass Day #1

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Nope, took a complete rest day.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,981 Member
    Options
    Favorite: dancing, but hurts my ankle so can’t. Swimming, but can’t use public pools.

HOWEVER, I’ve developed a huge love of my daily walks/hikes❣️

Mar 5
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    💚
  • Noukers
    Noukers Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Yes! Swimming, even though I had a very long day at work. Proud.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    Yes.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    Yes.
  • Bill70sStrong
    Bill70sStrong Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Pass Day #1

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Nope, took a complete rest day.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

oops, this should have been posted on March 6th! lol
  • Lilutz
    Lilutz Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Tracked - Y
    Under Calories - Y
    Exercise - No