This March I Will....

Options

Replies

• LoriAnna62
    LoriAnna62 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    March 7
    1. I will Not Eat after 6:00 pm.
    2. I will not turn the TV on. Instead, I will do something fun.
    3. Reward: Posting my success to this challenge.

7 Days of Success

Our daughter and her fiance' came over last night and we watched YouTube meal prep videos and looked for a good healthy cookbook on Amazon. Man, there are a million of them!!! Had a ton of fun. I'm excited they're open to the whole meal prep for the week idea. It will really be fun if we do it together.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,793 Member
    Options
    Second try on my longer post
    I’m not feeling like I can take on a new habit, but there is definitely lots of room for improvement. So ...

1. This March I will practice OHIO (only handle it once).
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal-put things away immediately instead of waiting until “later.”
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit - I put up post-its that say OHIO in strategic places as reminders
    4. How often will you do your new habit -as needed. Many times per day I hope.
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? A fist pump and maybe a hash mark on the post-it.
    6. What help do you need from us? Encouragement, but mostly a place for accountability
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of March? Better organization at home and work, but most of all, the development of a very useful habit.

March 1-7
    OHIO 🗝 ? (wasn’t really tracking this week)
    Check Calendar 🦆 7/7
    Intermittent Fasting ⏰ 6/7
    Logging food 🌮7/7
    Low Carb 🥗(under 35%-under 30% is better) 7/7
    Exercise 🏃‍♀️ 7/7
    Yoga 🧘‍♀️ 7/7

@LoriAnna62, not eating after 6pm is what I call intermittent fasting; it is working great for me! Great goal!

@prgirl39mfp, be careful about giving the scale too much power over your mood. Those 37 pounds are the truth - daily fluctuations can cause lots of stress but don’t really reflect how you are doing.

@PackerFanInGB and @themedalist, I’m also dealing with problems surrounding an older relative. Wow! It can really sap the energy. Take care of yourselves.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 , your habit tracker is stunning!! I’d really love to do something similar!
    Ack! I just wrote a long post and lost it! 😭

Awwww @77tes. Thank you!
    That happened to me, too. I’m so sorry.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    LoriAnna62 wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 I agree with @77tes, your habit tracker is stunning :)

@prgirl39mfp I'm sorry you're sad. I hope you took your advice and got together with friends. I looked at your three books on Amazon. They look good! I am reading the "Love Come Softly" series again. I'm happy because the library has them digitally so I can download them to my Kindle.

Thank you @LoriAnna62 ! That means a lot to me!

Will post today’s below.. I had been holding back, truly it to leave space for doodles later in the month, but couldn’t stop! Will just have to have another page of doodles lol.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    edited March 2020
    Options
    6wr1a6396ckg.jpeg

March 8
    Trying some new foods...sodium is higher than my regular foods, but still much less than if I was eating out!

Everything else accomplished!

Thanks for your comments & here’s to a great week for us all!💕
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @LoriAnna62 thanks for the kind words. I am struggling with some sadness right now. Journaling has helped. I need to reach out to some friends and maybe vent a bit. Will refocus on my food choices that affect my mood. These are the books I got : Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur; The Girl Next Door by Jack Ketchum and Love and Life by De Laura Schlessinger. Finished one. 2 more to go. I am happy you got inspired. Let me know what else you read.

Thanks @MadisonMolly2017 I journal my weight and funny enough a couple of weeks ago I realized I lost 37 lbs and kept it off the past 4 yrs. That was so great to see. Thanks for the suggestion. I will check it out.

Hi @prgirl39mfp
    Congratulations on your weight loss & maintenance!!!!
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    @77tes thank you for your kind words. I am also Intermittent Fasting and keeping my carbs really low. it has helped with my mood. You are right about the scale, so I am slowly detaching. Sorry about your elderly family issues. It can be draining for sure.
  • LoriAnna62
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @77tes & @prgirl39mfp YAY Intermittent Fasting! I've been doing it sloppily for about 6 months now and love it. I'm not doing keto, but my goal is a four hour eating window or OMAD. Since the beginning of March I've been able to stay within my window every day because of this challenge. I've lost 5 pounds and feeling so much better - both mentally and physically.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    @LoriAnna62 that's fantastic! I was down to 2 meals a day and was feeling wonderful! Went off the rails and it is amazing how my body reacted so I am back at it. I do Keto because I am pre diabetic and so far is the best WOE that has kept my blood sugar low. My goal is to reverse it. I am just so addicted to bread :s

Today on my journal I will focus on how important it is to turn negatives into positives. I will not deny my negative feelings, I am human but I will not stay there.

Not Spending March: Sunday I went grocery shopping, and I stopped at the gas station for a drink and snack. Today I have to go to Costco to get the meats in bulk and Friday I plan to go out with friends. Posting all these expenses on my journal. So far so good.

Have a great week everyone.
  • LoriAnna62
    Options
    @prgirl39mfp So glad you've found the diet that works for you! I feel your pain. My addiction was sugar, and I finally got that under control and then lately it has been bread for me, too. And it really messes up my brain. Just can't have it. No ifs ands or butts.

Nice job on the journaling and the spending!!!!

• LoriAnna62
    Options
    Started March 1st

Last night I was alone, so I did some enthusiastic singing along with some of my favorite praise music. (Really good that I was alone :D )

8 Days of Success

New Habit: Started March 8
    1. I will work methodically down my daily “To Do” list until it is completed. I will only think about one item at a time – the one I'm working on.
    2. I will think of my “To Do” list as duties at a workplace, where results are expected.
    3. Reward: I will post my success to this challenge.

The house is clean! Yahoozies. :p

1 Day of Success
  • LoriAnna62
    Options
    Started March 1st:

9 Days of Success

I spent a bunch of time looking around on the MFP site and putting in bookmarks and setting up my email preferences.

Started March 8th:
    1. I will work methodically down my daily “To Do” list until it is completed. I will only think about one item at a time – the one I'm working on.
    2. I will think of my “To Do” list as duties at a workplace, where results are expected.

2 Days of Success

Finished & submitted income taxes for my husband's business.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    LoriAnna62 wrote: »
    Started March 1st:

9 Days of Success

I spent a bunch of time looking around on the MFP site and putting in bookmarks and setting up my email preferences.

Started March 8th:

2 Days of Success

Finished & submitted income taxes for my husband's business.

@LoriAnna62 Look at you go!! Fantastic progress!! I’m sure you feel great 💪🏻😄
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    March 9 perfect
  • LoriAnna62
    edited March 2020
    Options
    March 10th

Started March 1st:
    2. I will not turn the TV on.
    3. Instead of watching TV, I will do something fun: Talked to my son on Messenger.
    4. Reward: Posting my success to this challenge.

10 Days of Success

Started March 8th:

3 Days of Success

Shredded a year's worth of files.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Wow! There's lots of good things going on here! Keep on keeping on👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
    I'm 10/10 days of eating under my calorie burn and am down 2 pounds. Also have 0 chip days😊
    I have my grandson all week because school is closed. That means no time to pursue my hobbies this week. We're cancelling a trip this weekend to the national bluebird convention and will not be going to North Carolina next month☹️ The first corona virus case in my state started with someone just 20 miles from here and I'm being cautious. Stay well!
    @LoriAnna62 ....a year's worth of files?!? Awesome!!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    Wow! There's lots of good things going on here! Keep on keeping on👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
    I'm 10/10 days of eating under my calorie burn and am down 2 pounds. Also have 0 chip days😊
    I have my grandson all week because school is closed. That means no time to pursue my hobbies this week. We're cancelling a trip this weekend to the national bluebird convention and will not be going to North Carolina next month☹️ The first corona virus case in my state started with someone just 20 miles from here and I'm being cautious. Stay well!
    @LoriAnna62 ....a year's worth of files?!? Awesome!!!

Bravo @nebslp ❣️
    Good decisions Re: your outings.

Proud of you & @LoriAnne & everyone 2”who is doing this highly successful daily baby habit changes.

With Love,
    Maddie
  • LoriAnna62
    Options
    Congratulations @nebslp on your amazing streak and 2 pounds down! Have fun with your grandson!
  • LoriAnna62
    Options
    March 11th
    Started March 1st:
    1. No Eating After 6:00 pm
    2. No TV after 6:00
    3. I Will Do Something Else That's Fun:
      Sing-along w/Praise Music, Read Books
    4. Exercise at least 20 minutes a day:
      10 Min. Elliptical, 30 Min. Stationary Bike, 5 Min. Stretching
    11 Days of Success

Started March 8th:
    • I'll work methodically down my daily “To Do” list until it's completed.
    • I'll only think about one item at a time – the one I'm working on.
    • I'll think of my “To Do” list as duties at a workplace, where results are expected.
    4 Days of Success
  • LoriAnna62
    Options
    March 9 perfect

WAY TO GO!!!