Hunger Levels

Options
mswatson0777
mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
Hello new friends!

I'm sure this answer has already been covered 1,000,000 times, but I was having a hard time finding it so I thought I'd reach out. I'm new to this whole low-carb/keto thing. My partner started doing it so I'm tagging along for the ride, so to speak. I'm now on day 3 and thanks to all your advice (thank you for whoever compiled that FAQ list!) the transition hasn't been too bad. My problem is, my hunger level is HIGH. And I mean higher than when I was eating carbs. I've kept my calorie totals the same, but the hunger struggle is real.

For some background, I'm 5'5, 155lbs, female, 30 years old eating 2,000 calories a day. I walk the dogs every day and practice martial arts for around 6 hours/week.

Example Daily Menu:

Breakfast:
2 hard boiled eggs, string cheese, 1oz almonds

Lunch:
Zoodles with chicken, pesto, and parmesan. Keto fat bomb

Snack:
Veggies with full fat dip

Dinner:
Mixed green salad with cheese, meat, and full fat dressing. Homemade keto cream cheese "cupcake" for dessert

Snack (after workout):
Avocado, protein powder, almond milk smoothie

Calorie total: 2,000. My net carbs are below 20.

Any thoughts/more information I should share that would help? I started keto cause I thought it would help with hunger levels...but so far it seems that my hunger is worse!

Thank you!
Watson

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    You are active, so try eating less fat and more protein.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I would consider the almonds, the fat bomb and cream cheese cupcake wasted calories. Imagine how much meat you could eat for the same calories. That would be much more filling for you.
    You need more protein.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I would consider the almonds, the fat bomb and cream cheese cupcake wasted calories. Imagine how much meat you could eat for the same calories. That would be much more filling for you.
    You need more protein.

Agreed. Fat bombs are a huge waste of calories. The belief that one should consume copious amounts of fat is a myth. If anything replace those with low gi fruits, more protein or more fibrous veggies to add additional volume.