MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - April 2020

Options

Replies

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Saturday check in - which turned into Sunday check in, too!!!

@AustinRuadhain you hit the nail on the head - no one plan works for everyone, the journey really, really is highly individual. You have done such a phenom job and I look to you and @Katmary71 as one of my guiding lights in maintenance. I loved finding your blog, it was so eye-opening and amazingly inspirational! And to think - I believe we connected on MFP because I sent a pitiful 'please friend me, I need support!' message on MFP and then saw yo post about this group. Have I said thanks, lately....? =>
    @TeresaW1020 I always hope to give inspiration back, I have gotten so much here!! It seems that you are reading all of the signs and making plans for small changes....these will lead to success. => I recall that you have had a lot going on and now as your life has begun to settle....well....this. But these days of making those changes are stacking up to become the foundation of the body and weight changes you're striving for. Nothing big we do is half as important as the tiny steps we took to get there.
    @Katmary71 thanks so much - I am not exactly sure what my goal is, but I think it is below the 170 mark which was my previous lowest weight. I'm hanging my goal on wearing a size 8. Your decluttering sounds amazing! I have a lot of that to do myself, I want to sell my house next year and downsize from 2400 sf to about half. Your cookbook thoughts are spot on - no veggie was a true veggie back in the day if it didn't have so much cheese ya couldn't see the vile veggies!!! LOL!!
    @its_cleo girl, you have as much right to mourn sports as any of us to mourn our usual daily lives - nothing wrong with it at all. I'm having trouble thinking about what my day would have been like today without COVID-19. I have had some periods of sadness and near tears - kinda thinking tears will eventually need to come as I am very sad for so many people, including me. It is occurring to me today that there may be some boredom to deal with - I need to start thinking about what I should do when that creeps in.
    @gunderw59 dude, the Air Force, the DOT and now a County Commissioner, wow!A lot of stress and pressure in all of those roles....and I'm so grateful there are folks who are willing to do that! What will hold your attention in 'real retirement?'
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    We have a group challenge for week 1 - a list of fun, useful, and self-caring things we can do every day. Enjoy!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10790503/april-2020-week-1-april-showers-challenge#latest
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,558 Member
    Options
    This is from last month's thread, hope you don't mind a repeat!

Hi everyone, I'm Kathy and I'm one of the motivators along with AustinRuadhain and Raleighgirl. I don't recall the exact month I joined, I think it's been around 6 months now and I love our group! My weight hit it's highest after quitting smoking and having a double back fusion 12 years ago where I was bedridden and had to wait a year out for another back surgery to get my hardware removed (best results I've had from a surgery!). To make a long story short I was bedridden for years from chronic pain, went off hardcore medication a few years ago after 20 years, treated for depression, and have been slowly picking up the pieces since. I lost 45lbs over two years cutting back what I ate, then plateaued after a cruise. I came back to My Fitness Pal last January 2 but this time actually weighed food and jumped off the deep end changing everything at once. I didn't want another year to pass being as unhealthy as I was, on medication for diabetes, obese, having pain and vomiting from fatty liver disease, plus chronic back and nerve pain and had just been in the hospital for a week with pancreatitis. I hit 100lbs down in September and was notified the same day that I could discontinue diabetes medication.

I love working out, I can't believe what my body can do now! Standing for 10 minutes is so amazing. Every time I grocery shop and especially when I go to Costco and can actually walk around and lift a bulk container of cat litter I'm overwhelmed with gratitude. I usually use my recumbent bike at home or stair treadmill at the gym , weight lift three times a week, do a short back yoga routine, then do strength exercises like pushups and planks. I'm interested in doing other stuff but also like my routine so I'll probably slowly branch out. And I'm super psyched about having a Fitbit now! I've also been cooking for the first time in my life which has been fun, I enjoy trying new recipes and produce items.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @davors19 #Jactop Congratulations!

@trooworld I'm a CA girl too, by Sacramento. It's great meeting you! I hope you're feeling better and the walk was possible, I'm sure it would feel great to get outside for a bit.

@its_cleo Nice loss! I lean toward dumbbells though resistance bands are great too. I didn't jump on it the other week and all the higher dumbbells are sold out now or price gouging is going on. Facebook marketplace had them last week but nowhere new this week. You could try asking in a local group like Next Door, I was going to do that and oddly someone did it right before asking for the same amount of pounds I wanted so that's a bust! I've only done about 3 HasFit videos but have done their arm ones a few times and found even with lower weights than the gym they're pretty good workouts. The leg weights would definitely be better with more weight than 10lbs! He says a lot of the same stuff in each workout, like "think about what brought you here".
    One thing with resistance bands I've noticed is instructors are either using longer ones than mine or the short loops. I tied one in a knot for a workout and can't get it out now so I have the heavy one for everything and it's hard to stretch. I came across a few pairs cleaning and tossed the oldest ones as I had one snap in half on me before. Just some things to think about if you're able to order a pair. In a workout group I'm in another member said hers weren't shipping until the end of April so those are backed up too.

@cbabie welcome to the group, I hope you find it helpful for you. I started in a few and really like this one.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Sunday check-in
    Calories-under
    Water- over
    Exercise- You Tube videos, walking/dancing, freaking foam rolling baby- my new discovery!

Habits
    Weights 3xs upper/lower- done
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Strength/yoga- done
    Decluttering- really didn't want to but went through two boxes of books. I really don't need my college psych, feminist, and philosophy books, right?
    Recipe- made https://www.veganricha.com/gobi-aloo-wrap-cauliflower-potato/ It's a good recipe and I love the spices used, I'll definitely keep on making Indian food. My biggest surprise was how easy it is to pickle, it called for pickled onions and it took less than 5 minutes to do last night (used a packet of Splenda instead of sugar).
    10,000 steps- I've been going over that with workouts

I've been great at turning off music and TV when eating but not reading while eating hasn't gone well. I think I'm ok with that though, despite there being piles of books and recipes on the table.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I had to take a much needed break last month but am Ready to get focused again. Can I rejoin the Slimpossibles or do I need to go through the official registration page?
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    mrmcgrath wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I had to take a much needed break last month but am Ready to get focused again. Can I rejoin the Slimpossibles or do I need to go through the official registration page?

Yes, we are so happy to have you back!! :) We will get you back on the spreadsheet. Can you give us you're weigh-in day and starting weight?
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Good morning team!!

Please pop over to the April Showers Challenge and have some fun!! B)

66dyea8fyw7c.jpg

• wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is well,
    Monday weigh in:
    Username: wrknonmedaily
    Week 13
    Monday
    PW 230
    TW 226.8
    Don't know why I am staying between these 4 pounds but ok! I'll take it! :D
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 Thank you! I am feeling so-so but I did get my walk in! :) It's nice to meet another CA girl. I'm down in SoCal. The weather is really nice today, I hope to get out again today.

Hello everyone!

For yesterday:
    Calories: over/under? over
    Water: over/under? under but better!
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow (today): work on staying under points for the day, more water water water!
  • mrmcgrath
    Options
    mrmcgrath wrote: »

Yes, we are so happy to have you back!! :) We will get you back on the spreadsheet. Can you give us you're weigh-in day and starting weight?

Weigh in day is Friday’s and starting weight is 193.8
  • nbbaby
    nbbaby Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    nnbaby
    Week 1
    Monday
    PW: 214.4
    CW: 209.8

I've lost but it helps that
    Today Its been 2.5 weeks without leaving my house and
    Today is the 7 day I've been sick in bed.
    I'm just trying to keep my lungs healthy remember I just got over a 4 month lung infection.
    I wish you all good health,
    Stay Safe my Friends 😷
    Sharon
  • gunderw59
    gunderw59 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone !! Hope your all doing well !!
    Boxes checked today
    Sleep over 7 hrs
    Calories under
    Water 80 oz
    Exercise- check

Todays workout included
    10 rounds for time of
    10 burpees
    10 thrusters (2ea 20lb dumbbells)
    My time - 27:41

Have a great day and a better tomorrow :)

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Hey there, Slimpossibles!

@gunderw59 - What a great day! 👐

@nbbaby - Oh, my, I am SO sorry you are sick. Take care. We really want to hear that you are better soon. 👐

@mrmcgrath - Woohoo! We are so excited you are back! 🎈

@trooworld _ You are doing so great! Did you get out for that walk today? 🚶🏾😅

@wrknonmedaily - Keep up the great work! 👍🏽

@TeresaW1020 - I love your reminder that we can indeed handle whatever the week throws at us. We don't know what the week will look like, but we can do this, one way or the other. 💪🏾 :heart:
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Monday Check-in
    Calories: under; all good, on-plan choices
    Exercise: yes! 56 minutes platform stepping and Leslie Sansone walking video*
    Water: on track
    Habit Tracking
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min) 🟢
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min) 🟡 (about to go do this)
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily 2+ min) 🟢
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min) 🟢
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily) 🟢

Goals and Improvements for Tuesday
    Habit Tracking
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min)
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min)
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily 2+ min)
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min)
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily)
    Goals
    - Attend Tiny Habits webinar (free and might be helpful to you, too, so including the link)
    - 10 K steps, at least some outside!
    - At least 90 minutes of movement, yoga, weights, etc tomorrow
    - Project work

Off to bed, to get good sleep to face the day with toorrow!

9d8xd7cwwa1h.jpg
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Great losses gang!

@nbbaby Take good care of yourself, I hope you're feeling better soon, prayers for a quick recovery!

Monday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- You Tube videos, yoga, plank, walking/dance
    Water- over

Habits
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Weights- first day arms done
    Strength/yoga- done
    Decluttering/cleaning- Decided to do something about my spice cabinet (double-decked and bagged spices in pantry) so I cleaned out the drawers, put together old dish towels to donate to the rescue center I adopted my cats from, and put the majority of spices in the drawer. I changed my mind a few times but pulled out labels for the caps and they'd only stick to Penzey spices so it's not the way I wanted, but the actual cabinet just has what I use daily along with oils and vinegars. Scrubbed microwave.
    Recipe- finished the Indian dish. Next up is chicken, probably lentil chicken soup. I'm out of salad base so I'm going to have to think of something different for lunch for the first time in over a year (at least as far as making at home). I picked out Skinnytaste cookbook recipes I want to make while the books are checked out and made a grocery list for later this week.
    10,000 steps- done

Today was a better day. Yesterday and the day before I was talking back to the workout instructors, counting every minute that went by, and just grouchy in general. I still cussed like a sailor foam rolling today but that was out of soreness! My brother's coming by tomorrow as he was able to get parts that might fix my microwave, if it works it'll be weird not to spend as much time in the kitchen! I was doing well not going around people then needed my brother's help cutting a ring off my finger (hands were swollen and it was cutting off circulation). He'd just gone to a few stores and my nephews had just had a play date where they kept forgetting to keep distance between their friends so not being exposed to anything is a bust! I put off shopping to lessen exposure but will still wait a few days though I have no clue what I'll eat for lunch tomorrow, aside of vacations or going out to eat I've had salad for lunch every day since last January! Small problems in the big picture.
  • mrmcgrath
    Options
    03/31
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 193.8
    Todays Weight 192.6

Yesterday
    Calories: under
    Water: over/under? Over
    Macros: carbs too high protein liw
    Exercise: walking

Yesterday’s Fitbit/mfp stats:
    6269 steps. 5000goal steps
    2.7 miles
    2285 burned calories
    32 active
    77 sleep score
    62 resting sleep
    1444 calories consumed

I will spend some time today deciding on my goals for the month.

I am so happy to be back and look forward to getting reacquainted with everyone.
  • TeresaW1020
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Good morning! Well the scale was down a bit this morning but still not moving very much at all. Today, I’m planning on working out for at least an hour, drinking all my water, tracking all my points. I went out yesterday and it was warm which reminded me that summer will be here before we know it and I need to be able to fit into my clothes that aren’t big, floppy flannel shirts. :D So, I’m going to reorganizing my closet today and try things on clothes to see how things are fitting. Have a great day and stay safe! :)

@wrknonmedaily, great weigh-in!! Keep up the good work! B)

@nbbaby, it’s great that you had a good weigh-in. But more importantly it’s so important that you continue to do everything you can to get well. <3

@gunderw59, good workout! I HATE burpees so much!! :D

@Katmary71, isn’t it crazy how normal things like seeing your brother becomes so stressful because we are now thinking about where they have been and what have they touched. I hope you are able to get your microwave fixed. I just reorganized my spice cabinet and am trying my best to keep it organized. :)

@mrmcgrath, good weigh-in!! We are so happy that you are back too! :)
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 well at least if the scale is down even a little bit that’s better than up, especially right now when we’re all stuck at home so much.

@katmary71 I’m glad you got your ring off, but what a shame it had to be cut off. Was it valuable?

@gunderw69 I love your workouts. I’ve never really done burpees but I thought I might try.

@nbbaby please take care and rest up.

Well I’m doing ok. I hurt my Achilles so I need to pull back on the jogging and my stair/hill routine for a few days. I’m hoping it will bounce back but who can say.

Today I have to go to the vet to pick up some cat food, so I’ll walk and that will be some exercise. I’ve done a little bit better with some exercise videos, and yesterday got some light cardio in and a bit of strength training.

I’ve been on track with calories mostly- a little over yesterday.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Thank you so much! Yes, I did get that walk in, it was marvelous weather and I got my walk in! :) I like that you have meditation and breathing exercises as a goal. I may join you in that as a goal someday soon.

@Katmary71 Do you like to cook? I love to cook and working from home has allowed me more time to spend on dinner!! :)

@TeresaW1020 It was warm here yesterday, I love the warm weather. Enjoy! Congrats on the scale being down.

For yesterday:
    Calories: over/under? over
    Water: over/under? over
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow (today): ride spin bike, stay under points for the day, meet water goal
This discussion has been closed.