MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - April 2020

Options

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in,

Didn't track at all yesterday, too busy with work and fussy baby..So today I did get to the treadmill so that box is checked...now to track!!

Cbabie
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Week: 1
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 201
    Todays Weight: 201
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Late Weight Post
    Cornanda
    Friday weigh in
    week 4 (3/27)
    PW: 184.9
    CW: 185.1
  • gunderw59
    gunderw59 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello team !! Hope you're all doing great !!
    Only one failed task today, only 5 hrs. sleep. Woke at 3 a.m. wide awake, it happens.
    Now for the good stuff :)
    Calories under
    Water 100 oz
    Exercise - a bunch
    Logged everything

Todays workout
    Warm up
    stretching and 200 meter run

Tabata 4 minutes
    20 seconds of squats
    10 seconds hold squat at bottom
    x8

5 rounds of 1minute each for total reps
    I used 26 lb kettlebell on everything except the 20" box step ups
    sumo deadlifts
    sumo deadlift high pulls
    box step ups
    russian kettle bell swings
    rest

reps by round were 98,90,92,106,117
    total reps - 503 :s

On a food and recipe note : My wife and I purchased an air fryer a couple of weeks ago and
    so far we really like it. Tonight's dinner was superb. :)
    Fresh caught Alaskan tuna steaks 7 minutes seasoned with Bill's seasoning
    Baked asparagus
    Baked russet potato (my splurge) she did a sweet potato
    We are pretty plain and don't normally eat fancy stuff like this :p

Everybody keep a positive attitude and stay strong, we got this !!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I'm dropping by to help out a bit with weigh-ins while @broncobuddee gets a new computer set up and takes a minute to breathe. I love reading your daily reports, and I'm seriously impressed with a day like yours today, @gunderw59 . Wow! Kettlebells are one of my favourite things, but I think your circuits would have done me in. You can invite me to dinner any time, though :smiley:

HEADS UP!

Weigh-ins due:
    @TeraBbreakingFree
    @bethanie0825

Due Wednesday:
    @leonadixon

Good, bad, ugly, fabulous - we just like numbers :tongue: Thanks!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    @trooworld - Great day yesterday! I hope today went well!
    I went on an outdoor walk today. I feel so lucky. Outside walks for exercise are allowed here, as long as we adhere to social distancing requirements. With so little pedestrian or car traffic, it was easy enough to cross the street or walk/run in the street the few times I saw other people. We just waved and wished each other well from at least 10 feet away. The weather here was lovely. Being in sunlight was wonderful. I saw a little yellow butterfly like this, and came home and looked it up to see if I could figure out its name (think it was "Little Yellow," Pyrisitia lisa).
    43bxrvt913z9.jpg

@its_cleo - I am SO sorry to hear about your injury, and glad you are taking care of yourself. 👐

@TeresaW1020 - How did your closet decluttering go? That sounded useful but like it could be sobering!
    Yes, I suppose I should go put on something besides yoga pants or jammies occasionally. (Can I order a stretchy Star Trek uniform kinda thing? :wink:

@mrmcgrath - Have we mentioned how nice it is to have you back? Seeing your smile in this Slimpossibles feed is just so great! :smile:

@Cbabie - Thanks for checking in! Big hugs for that fussy baby. I hope you are getting some good sleep in the midst of all that mama-ing! 👐

@Jactop - Great work holding steady this week! 👍🏽

@Cornanda - That's pretty close to holding steady, too! Hang in there! 👍🏽

@gunderw59 - A big wow to your workout AND your gourmet healthy dinner! 🔥:smile:

@jugar - Thanks for helping with weigh-ins! :heart:

P.S. The most fun I had all day may have been laughing like a lunatic after heading to YouTube, searching for "Bollywood Zumba Workout for Beginners." Super fun, and I was super terrible!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,569 Member
    Options
    @mrmcgrath nice loss! Definitely think of goals for the next month! I think it helps with everything up-in-the-air as it is, I haven't really thought of new ones either and they're definitely going to be different now.

@TeresaW1020 Sounds like you have a productive and healthy day planned. Good luck trying on those clothes! Definitely try on the ones you think are too small too.

@its_cleo It wasn't too expensive of a ring, thank goodness. It was a pretty purple amethyst and one of my favorite rings, thank goodness it wasn't a wedding ring or anything! It was super-loose before and I'd worried about losing it ironically! If you do any good videos let us know. That Sidney Cummings 20 minute foam roller is awesome!

@trooworld I used to not cook at all aside of making small things. My first year of losing weight I ate oatmeal twice a day and Lean Pockets. Exploring cooking and eating healthier is definitely a lot more fun and tastes better (though I still love oatmeal).
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @cbabie Great job working out!

@gunderw59 Sounds like a great meal! I've been wanting an air fryer but don't have that much room, I'd love one of the ones that's a toaster oven. I was torn between that and a Fitbit a couple months ago and the Fitbit was $50 off so it won. I'm interested in hearing what you like to make in it! Great workout! Do you have a box? I normally lift weights at the gym, I used my couch today for a box, felt weird to be standing on the couch in my workout shoes.

@AustinRuadhain Sounds like an amazing time outside. Today was my first day outside in awhile and I didn't realize how much I needed it. The workout video sounds like fun, you should post it! You know me, I'll give it a go though I'm sure I'm awful at it too!

• Katmary71
    Options
    Tuesday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- YouTube videos, walking/dance, yoga, bike riding
    Water- over

Habits
    Weights 3xs upper/lower- one of each done
    Cardo 30 minutes- done
    Yoga/core- done
    Decluttering- organized my papers on the table, cleaned out purse if that counts!
    Recipe- made chipotle chicken tostadas, not bad but I used low carb tortillas and crisped them in the oven, they were pretty thin. Didn't want to pull out my slow cooker so good old Instant Pot to the rescue. For the first time since I've been making recipes watching calories the calories came out lower when everything was weighed than the recipe stated so I upped the serving size, yay!
    10,000 steps- I'm embarrassed at how many steps I took, I worked out early and kept busy all day.

Best thing of the day was my brother fixed up my bike and brought it over (microwave fixing was a bust but I'm getting used to not having one). My legs were jelly from weights but I decided to give it a spin anyway. I haven't gone riding in 15 years and that time was the first time in years. I was smiling saying hi to everyone I passed, I'm sure I looked like an idiot but I was so happy and feeling so free that I didn't care.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71, I think that it is so awesome that you got out and rode your bike! And I’m sure people didn’t think you looked like an idiot at all. I bet your brought smiles to people's faces who saw you having so much fun. :)

@AustinRuadhain, I got about halfway through my closet and what I learned is that I NEED to stop eating so much!! I am motivated! And yes, I’m sure you would look stunning a stretchy Star Trek uniform. Do post a pic! ;) Bollywood Zumba sounds like something I need to see! :D

@gunderw59, good day and workout! Your dinner sounds amazing!! :)

Good morning! The sun is shining and it’s going to be a beautiful day. After lunch today, I’m taking my DH, mom, and dog for a long car ride to enjoy the spring weather and see the azaleas in full bloom. My poor mom hasn’t been out of the house in over three weeks. My scale was a bit up this morning. Since moving mom in, I haven’t quite mastered cooking for an extra person and we are all eating too big of portions. I am going to really work on that and my afternoon snacking. I did have a good workout and will have another one this morning. Have a great day and stay safe! <3

3bbisg1s8jl9.jpg

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Check-in - Yesterday
    Calories: under; all good, on-plan choices
    Exercise: yes! 30 minute outdoor walk; 30 minute of sweating to workout videos (Leslie Sansone and then Bollywood Zumba!)
    Water: on track
    Habit Tracking
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min) 🟢
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min) 🟢
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily 2+ min) 🔴
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min) 🟢
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily) 🟢
    Fat2Fit April Showers Challenge 🟢 This is a fun little challenge. Check it out and see if it sparks any ideas for you! Yesterday I did squats while brushing my teeth, and was entertained that my husband no longer thinks such behavior surprising!

Goals and Improvements for Today (Wednesday)
    Habit Tracking
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min) 🟢
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min)
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily ; 1st movement of 1 form) today's a new day; making this one tinier
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min)
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily)
    Goals
    - Attend Tiny Habits for Staying Upbeat webinar (free and might be helpful to you, too, so including the link)
    - 10 K steps, at least some outside!
    - Aim for 90 minutes of movement, yoga, weights, etc
    - Project work

Here's a link to one of the videos I found by searching YouTube for: Bollywood Zumba for Beginners . I am ridiculously bad at this, but I love the music and just trying to keep up with the hand moves made me laugh! Maybe I will come out of 2020 a better dancer? Anyway, I love it, it makes me move, and brings me joy! :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqb6Uu1_N7Y
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Yesterday was a decent day overall. My steps were low due to pain levels being escalated but I did manage enjoy the sunshine once I got off work. So far today, I am feeling much better. My plans are to get a strength training routine in.

3/31
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 193.8
    Todays Weight 192.6

Yesterday
    Calories: under...by 9
    Water: over/under? Over
    Macros: carbs a tad high
    Exercise: stretching

Yesterday’s Fitbit/mfp stats:
    3454 steps. 5000goal steps
    1.49 miles
    2194 burned calories
    5 active
    77 sleep score
    62 resting sleep
    1679 calories consumed

Basic Goals
    Workout minutes: 🤸🏻‍♀️
    Complete food diary: 🥙
    Stay hydrated(more than 64 oz): 💦
    Stay below sugar goal: 🍡
    Meet fiber in range:🥬
    Daily self care: meditating, crafting, reading, etc. 🧘🏻‍♀️
    Breathing exercises:🌬
    Sleep: minimum 7 hours 😒

My vision for 2020:
    To find out who I am outside of “mom” since I will be an empty nester in the 5 months.
    To love me no matter where I am at in my journey.
    To pursue habits and hobbies that I will enjoy and that will enrich my soul.
    To focus on total health (mind, body, and soul)

Don’t let any one weigh-in dictate what I do.
    Choose to do the work.
    Choose to show up & do the actions.
    Don’t give up when you get your first bit of resistance.
    Stick to your habits no matter what. Ignore your ego and avoid complacency.
    Keep a connection with others who understand what this journey. Isolation is not helpful
    Don’t hide when weight gain happens. Assume it will. Share your truth, and don’t let your mind tell you no one will understand.
    Make up your mind that you are and will be successful.
    Accept that this is your struggle, and you will not be fixed. I will need to continuously manage my condition.

#FeelAlive

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @gunderw59 Wow, you are killing it with the exercise! Woo hoo! Your dinner sounds amazing! I have an air fryer (it's a Ninja Foodi) and I made air-fried radishes the other day. You'd be surprised how those turned out...they mellowed them out and they were delicious!

@AustinRuadhain Thank you! Yesterday couldn't have gone better! See below. That's great that you went on a nice outdoor walk. What a cool looking butterfly. I love Leslie Sansone videos! And I have to check out the Bollywood Zumba lol. Thanks for the link!

@Katmary71 I agree! I used to eat Lean Pockets a lot, too. Now, I cook a lot as well. Wow, you had a great day, congrats! And yay for getting on your bike and getting some fresh air!

Hello everyone! Well, I met my goals for yesterday, which were to ride my spin bike, stay under my points (I even had 4 rollover points!), and meet my water goal. I was inspired to get on my spin bike because I was watching the Biggest Loser (old episodes) and watching how hard they were working and thought, I can get on that bike of mine! :)

@TeresaW1020 Have a great day enjoy taking mom out for a ride. Stay well!

For yesterday:
    Calories: over/under? under
    Water: over/under? over
    Exercise: spin bike
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow (today): ride spin bike, if time try Bollywood Zumba (thanks AustinRuadhain!), at least 52 oz of water
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain I like how you do both meditation and breathing exercises. This is definitely going on my goal list for April!
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Username: leonadixon
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW (3/25): 199.0
    Check in weight (4/1): 197.4

I was cringing when I stepped on that scale! I have been off of work for the last 5 days, not really paying attention to what I am eating. I have increased my deliberate movement during this time, but didn't really think it would add up to a loss! So, happy dance! Hoping everyone is hanging in there! :smiley:
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain, that Zumba looks super fun! I just might have to give it a try. I did one Zumba class a few years ago and I was terrible!!! :D

@trooworld, great job at meeting your goals!! I often watch Biggest Loser when I’m walking on my treadmill. Very motivating. ;)

@leondixon, look at you and your awesome weigh-in!! Doing the happy dance (or is it happy Zumba dance) with you! B)

Wednesday check in: I did well today! Tracked all my points, worked out, went for a nice drive with my DH and mom, cleaned some house, and did some church work. Tomorrow, I am going to a staff meeting (where we keep our distance) and will work in the office for awhile doing some beginning of the month stuff. OK, I gotta go. My church is having their first Zoom Bible class in 20 minutes. Praying it works!! o:)
  • gunderw59
    gunderw59 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello team !! Happy Wednesday !!
    Goals reached today:
    Sleep over 7 hrs.
    Calories under
    Exercised
    Logged everything

Workout:
    Warm up
    800 meter run
    stretching
    800 meter run
    stretching

Tabata crazy
    7 movements of 20 seconds work 10 seconds rest x 8
    Hollow hold
    Arches
    Russian twists w/26 lb kettlebell
    Bridge hold w/20 lb dumbbell
    Planks
    Bridges with hip thrusts w/20 lb dumbbell
    Tabata sit ups w/20 lb dumbbell

This one was harder than I thought it would be, those 2 800's had me pretty winded. :s

Hope you all have a great day and stay strong !! :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    Time to think about those weigh-ins again! Still hoping to hear from:
    @TeraBbreakingFree
    @bethanie0825

Due Thursday:
    @broncobuddee
    @raleighgirl09
    @gwamjtw91
    @Sunshineplace

Thanks!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I hope you had a great drive, it sounds like a beautiful one!

@AustinRuadhain That video looks so fun! I'll give it a go tomorrow but will have to keep it low impact. It got me on a whole mental tangent, I was thinking how I loved the music, how it's similar to Armenian music (I'm half Armenian), and how I don't even know how to do my own dances. I searched You Tube for learning Armenian dancing and it's all the dancing in circles with people (like Greeks) and I've done that but not by myself since it's a group dance. There's Armenian belly dancing so I looked that up. There's some beginner belly dancing videos I came across but was impressed by this, I think we should copy this one too, go to 4 minutes and start it there. Of course I can do this, it's in my blood! Sure, I can just imagine my back surgeon's face if I showed up hurting after 10 years and told him I was trying to belly dance! She definitely didn't have four servings of beans before this performance like I did today!
    https://youtu.be/jAQK2OM3GOQ

@trooworld I'm so busted, I've been watching the new season of The Biggest Loser! It actually makes me sad at how people cry from only losing 5lbs a week when I would've been on cloud 9 losing that much a month. It's better than it used to be but that's not saying a lot. At least they do more extensive follow-up now. I still don't think it's a healthy way to lose though. I've been doing Leslie Sansone's 3 mile as my first cardio the last week or so, this is a good one especially if you have some weights. I'm at the point where I'm saying her jokes along with her but I still like the workout.
    https://youtu.be/Yr41_8QOTF8

@gunderw59 great workout! Did you make your own plan or follow one?

@leonadixon NIce loss, especially when you weren't expecting it!

Funny, I just said I was taking a break from bugging you all with videos and didn't take an "April Showers" point for it, sorry about slamming you all with two!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Wednesday
    Calories- under
    Exercise- Videos: Leslie Sansone 3 mile and Sidney Cummings low impact HIIT, HASFit arms muscle building, 5 Minute Plank Challenge, 10 Minute Abs, Sidney Cummings 20 minute foam rolling. Plus 20 minutes yoga, walking/dance
    Water- over

Habits
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Weights 3xs upper/lower- two upper, 1 lower
    Abs/planks daily- done
    Decluttering- basket of paperwork, put away some organ books that I should really toss since I no longer have my organ and rarely use my keyboard but feel sentimental about them. Tossed some clothes I bought last summer while losing that no longer fit.
    Recipe- still finishing off the chipotle chicken tostadas but turned it into soup after burning the tortillas in the oven.
    20,000 steps- done

My brain is fried today, I've burned two things, starting doing arm weights and realized it was Tuesday so switched to a legs workout and 5 minutes in realized it's Wednesday and that's an arm day. I usually feed the cats when I eat and spaced that until making my popcorn after dinner. On a good note I've gone over a month without opening the macadamian dark chocolates my parents brought me from Hawaii, that's 29 days longer than they'd normally last. I had a serving today and actually took a bite, savored it, took another, waited 5 minutes, etc. and let the second sit 15 minutes before eating it. I think something's wrong with me, normally I would've eaten one within 15 seconds and been on the second by then, and would be thinking of which bowl I'd put the rest of the box in and whether or not the box could be recycled when I ate it all within 5 minutes. They're really good and I haven't had more. I haven't been overeating with all the stress right now either, even with my usual meals thrown off because of being out of most produce. This isn't like me at all. Oops, just remembered I have potatoes in the Instant Pot, at least I remembered before they sat all night!
This discussion has been closed.