MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - April 2020

Options

Replies

• nbbaby
    nbbaby Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    leonadixon wrote: »
    I will participate in the challenge this week...when does/did the "week" start? My weigh in is Wed, so I don't want to hurt the team....and it's my Bday, so...CAKE!

Happy Birthday!!!
  • nbbaby
    nbbaby Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    nnbaby
    Week 2
    Monday
    PW: 209.8
    CW: 208.8

I'm sorry I'm a day late, I did weight myself yesterday, I just forgot to enter it. Brain is mush with everything going on.
    I did it, its 1 pound lost this pass week!!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,571 Member
    Options
    I just remembered I was asked to post this. It's the same as her soy maple salmon on her website just with a different name so I don't feel as bad posting this as it's from her One and Done cookbook. I added more garlic and ginger and would probably up siracha next time and have a few of her salmon recipes saved to try but this one's so good I doubt I'll make it any other way. If you have a gas stove I suggest lowering the heat a bit and cooking a little longer as the first time the honey burned a bit and set off the fire alarm.

SWEET ‘N’ SPICY SIRACHA-GLAZED SALMON
    Skinnytaste, 4 servings, 229 calories

¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce (or tamari)
    2 T honey
    1 T rice vinegar
    1 T Siracha Sauce (or to taste)
    1 T grated fresh ginger
    1 T minced garlic
    1 lb wild salmon fillet, cut into 4 (4-oz) pieces
    1 ½ t sesame oil
    2 T finely chopped scallions, for garnish

In a 1-gallon zip-top plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, honey, vinegar, Siracha, ginger, and garlic. Add the salmon, toss to coat evenly, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 8 hours, turning the fish once.

Remove the salmon from the bag, reserving the marinade. Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat and add the sesame oil. Rotate the pan to coat the bottom evenly and add the salmon. Cook until one side of the fish is browned, about 2 minutes. Flip the salmon and cook until the other side browns, about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and pour in the reserved marinade. Cover and cook until the fish is cooked through, 4-5 minutes.

Place salmon on serving plates and sprinkle with scallions.

• its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @katmary71 that salmon recipe sounds great. I really do need some inspiration with cooking these days.

@nbbaby that’s a great loss!

@TeresaW1020 I absolutely have a hard time remembering what day it is. I have meetings tomorrow, and all day I kept having moments of panic being like- is it Wed? Am I supposed to be in a meeting?

@AustinRuadhain that tiny habits thing seems neat.

Well gang I am doing ok. I was struggling with a lot of chronic pain with my leg but it has eased up. My Achilles is so so. I will take it- it’s better than terrible lol. Calories this week- I am over, but not over as much as least week….so yay?

I did my first online session with my trainer today. It was ok. He definitely pushed me more than I would myself with the youtube videos. So we will keep trying it. I looked again to buy more dumbbells online but everything is sold out.

I know I shouldn’t think this way, but every day when I get up now I’m like- this is just life now.

Hope all is well!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Check-in - Monday Report (kinda belated, but still working on today!)
    Calories: under; all good, on-plan choices 🟢
    Exercise: yes! 🟢 outdoor date walk with husband (52 min) plus fitness videos & gardening
    Water: good 🟢
    Habit Tracking
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min) 🟢
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min) 🟢
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily; 1) 🟢
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min) 🟢
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily) 🟢
    Goals
    - 10 K steps 🟢
    - Bonus workout video 🟢 Yes! I did this ridiculous thing: Shrink Your Waist | 1 Mile | Disco Boogie to ABBA 💥 (pretty fun, low impact cardio); and also tried Fat Burning Low Impact Cardio Workout at Home - Easy on the Joints Quiet Cardio Training
    - Gardening 🟢

Goals and Improvements for Today (Tuesday)
    ✅ Habit Tracking
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min)
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min)
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily; 1)
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min)
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily)
    ⚙️ Goals
    - 10 K steps, at least some outside!
    - At least one bonus workout video!
    - Tiny Habit - Gardening (pull at least one weed!)
    - Aim for 90 minutes of movement, yoga, weights, etc
    - Goal for week - Move up a Fitness Level in FitRockr. I am at Level 13 right now, and want to see what it would take to get up to 14.
  • gunderw59
    gunderw59 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello guys, hope ya'll are doing well !!
    Goals reached today
    Sleep
    Water
    Exercise
    Under calories
    Logged everything

Todays w/o - Suitcase carry
    Using 2 ea 20 lb dumbbells one on shoulder one arms length other side
    change sides as needed rest as needed.
    Distance carried - 1.5 miles
    My time 38:28
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    its_cleo wrote: »

@TeresaW1020 I absolutely have a hard time remembering what day it is. I have meetings tomorrow, and all day I kept having moments of panic being like- is it Wed? Am I supposed to be in a meeting?

So funny - this is happening to me, as well. Yesterday I just knew it was Tuesday and hubby set me straight. This morning when my alarm went off, he says - hey, it's Sunday! And I was like - oh, is it....? Took a hot second to realize that 1- it was not Sunday and 2- I nearly believed him because I don't really know and apparently understanding this is what's happening. And I caught myself a couple times thinking today was Wednesday! I'm clearly going to have to make some kind of daily reality check a part of my new routine.
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    Cornanda wrote: »
    Love seeing all the workout videos posted. It's good inspiration! In a bit of a funk here- I keep gaining and losing the same three pounds. Husband is frustrated with me- thinks I don't care about myself. He may have a point. I've been trying to get to a healthier weight without success for a couple of years now.

@Cornanda - I am so sorry that you are in a bit of a funk, and that you and your husband are frustrated with you. 👐👐👐

Would you consider trying on a different idea about this? You can take this or leave it, but here are my thoughts.

And as perspective, I had been overweight for years when I took on the project of getting healthy again at the start of 2018.
    So, it sounds to me like you may have a great set of habits for maintaining a particular weight. Maybe stop and acknowledge that maintenance is in itself an accomplishment?! At least for me, it is! If I don't pay some attention, I'll find myself tending to gain. Your mileage may differ, but from here, solidly maintaining a weight actually looks pretty great! Like, happy dance time!
    For me, what worked, what is still working, is making very small improvements in daily actions. I took on looking at the number on the scale as a result, but focused on daily actions that moved me towards being healthier.

If any of this appeals to you, here are some resources:
    - Inspiration - Atomic Habits: How to Get 1% Better Every Day - James Clear : I found this video so SO inspirational. Be a tiny bit better today than yesterday -- that's something I can aim at and do, most days!
    - Easy & Fun Tools: A Stanford behavior researcher, BJ Fogg, has a system that I truly love, a great set of tools for redesigning your habits. He has a free 5-day online Tiny Habits course you can try (it made a difference for me!). His new book Tiny Habits is excellent! He has you tackle designing your behavior at a micro/tiny level, and a major focus is having that be fun!

Whatever you do, hang in there! Be kind to yourself and keep looking for the food, exercise and daily actions that work for you! Thanks for checking in. Whether or not any of what I said was helpful content-wise, I hope the "we are pulling for you" message comes across. Losing weight and improving health isn't easy/

@Cornanda I agree with @AustinRuadhain - be kind to yourself, and my first thought also went to the good of maintaining your weight, even at a weight you'd like to reduce. There is something you are doing right to not be just on some kind of splurge gaining trend. Every meal is a new opportunity to try a small thing to change, and get comfy with it before adding to it. What is a small change you can make? Reducing portions at one meal a day or something else that can be a small changes. If you can do that for a while and not overwhelm your brain with 100 new things in a panic to try to gain control.....you can slowly gain control. I also hope you don't mind the words of advice - I hear resignation in your words and I get it, I've been there. But no one can get away from there quickly - it took me an inch at a time (and still not done =>) to get to a new place. And to go a mile, I had to go one inch - 63,360 times.
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    Jactop wrote: »
    Username: Jactop
    Week 2
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 201
    Todays Weight: 199

Whohoo! Finally made it to Onederland

@Jactop WowowowWOW! I am so darn happy for you!!! Congratulations!
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    l25paqjdv3c3.png
    MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE

The challenge is simple. Lose 20 lbs as a group this week.

MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE have 24 members - so less than one pound each.

Who would like to participate?

@Beka3695 my goal these days remains the same each week - the goal is a loss of any amount. => I'm in!
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Tuesday check in

Ha! So much for my weekend check in, just did not happen. I did read some posts but never made it around to any replies because blahblahCOVID-19blah. I wasn't really thinking I was being too affected but I am in subtle ways. Some updates and revelations below and I'll pop back in tomorrow and start to get back in the swing of things!

1- I am recommitting to the daily check-in. It serves me well - and I like being closer to the conversations!
    2 - I am super focused on eating well and exercising. I have taken my anxiety over the whole thing and turned it into a laser beam focus. I suspect it could get some out of hand but I'm far from that, so far. I think the bottom line is that this - health and fitness and the role I play in how good that is for me - is the only thing that feels solidly in my control. Gots to take whut I can gits.
    3 - The AC is still out and we have the bedroom, hall and living room being cooled with a window unit and fans. It's very workable until it's fixed which is not going to be as soon as I'd like.
    4 - Water heater flooded basement on Saturday - was replaced on Monday. Just a few days with no running water and a daily back-up water event with the water on while we filled buckets, etc., but hubby had to be downstairs managing the floodwaters while it was on. Oy.
    5 - Weirdness with boss getting better - I have improvements to make, she does as well. We will either get past it or we won't but my money is on the 'will.' I think part of the issue is the stress of jobs and how we are or could be impacted for employment. For now - I'll just keep working until or unless I hear differently.

6 - Grand finale - I have been moving slowly into some jogging! It feels good and I'm starting slowly and only short bursts. But doing it. And have my step platform and working up to adding this into my daily routine to up the burn and cardio. Hey! I have watched some of the vids you guys have posted.....that's a step forward!! => Love the dance videos!

'night friends.
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited April 2020
    Options
    csuraq6p95lr.gif

Step Challengers & Others - Want to Volunteer to Test Something New?
    Hey, there, Slimpossibles!

Since FitRockr has been working well to manage the step challenge, we thought we would test out something new -- a 2-team challenge. The ranking will be based on Activity Points, which FitRockr calculates based on your calorie burn.

This looks like it could be such fun! It's a trial run, so be patient and let us know if you hit roadbumps!

Sound Like Fun?
    IF YOU ARE IN the Slimpossibles Step Challenge:
    1. Log in to FitRockr
    2. Try clicking this "join" link: https://www.fitrockr.com:443/#!/join/league/5e892201753d2a0001a3eb31/1770f38a-8ecb-4b88-b171-5986174132ff
    3. If all goes well, you will see a "Join Team Within League" message. Select a team (Slimpossibles!) and then select JOIN
    4. If you have any problem with this, ping me, and I can send you an invitation from within FitRockr

One more note -- for FitRockr to calculate Activity Points, they need to know Age, Height and Weight. They don't show this data to other users. It's used to calculate an estimated base calories, so that you then get credit for calories burned over that. So if you skipped entering that data, head over to your FitRockr Profile > Settings to make that update.

IF YOU ARE NOT IN the Slimpossibles Step Challenge:
    What You Need
    To participate, either (A) you need a fitness tracking device (many options) or (B) you need to download either the Misfit, the Fitbit or the Google Fit app, and set that up with your phone as your tracker. Once you are set up, when you sync with your app, FitRockr will automatically get sent your activity data, will then calculate Activity Points (which reflect your activity level, not just steps), and finally add them to the points for the team.

Set Up a FitRockr Profile
    NOTE that for this challenge, you’ll need to include in your profile your Height, Weight and Age. Other users will not see this data, but FitRockr will use it when calculating your Activity Points.
    b]

Now You Are Ready to Join the Challenge Team
    1. Log in to FitRockr
    2. Try clicking this "join" link: https://www.fitrockr.com:443/#!/join/league/5e892201753d2a0001a3eb31/1770f38a-8ecb-4b88-b171-5986174132ff
    3. If all goes well, you will see a "Join Team Within League" message. Select Slimpossibles and then select JOIN
    4. If you have any problem with this, ping me, and I can send you an invitation from within FitRockr
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    ldrrbmnyan1r.jpg

:star:Congratulations to all our Slimpossibles Step Challengers! :star:

Our high steppers for last week:
    1 - @Katmary71 with 174,652 steps
    2 - @Jactop with 95,646 steps
    3 - @raleighgirl09 with 89,127 steps

Together we logged 833,925 steps last week. 🤩

Didn't join at the start of the month, but think a step challenge would be fun and/or help you stay in motion?
    Go ahead and jump in now!
    Walking is a great way to help stay healthy. Steps taken along with walking videos in the living room count! Outside walking is great; just be careful to keep to that "6+ feet away" social distancing rule.

JOIN: https://www.fitrockr.com:443/#!/join/league/5e42db924dbe5b0001973d73/c81a3fad-1c5a-450d-aef7-6dc1a64a3e7d

Happy and healthy stepping to everyone! :smiley:
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @Jactop great loss! Love the idea of moving your bike, I'd love to have mine out on the deck!

@mrmcgrath gorgeous pic!

@TeresaW1020 Glad it's not just me, I spent the entire workout trying to figure out what I didn't like about her! I think it's her fake smile the whole time she's working out, who smiles the ENTIRE workout? Glad you were able to get food for your celebration. I'm going to be alone so I'm not planning anything, have enough food to put off shopping until early next week or else I may have picked up something. Maybe I'll order a pizza! My family's talking about a later celebration. I keep forgetting what day it is too!

@leonadixon Happy birthday!

• Katmary71
    Options
    @nbbaby yay, 1lb down!

-stupid thing to notice now but that recipe isn't the same as maple soy if it has honey! I think the only difference between the two recipes is the sweetener, I've used both and both were good.

@AustinRuadhain Just watched both videos, the second one with how they're doing burpees is how I modify them too. Are you an ABBA fan? My SIL and I always insist on watching Mama Mia when camping, it drives my nephews nuts!

@raleighgirl09 Great to see you! Glad you're feeling lazer-focused on health. I think it's great that you're jogging now, it's such a good time to try new challenges. Sorry to hear about your water heater!

• Katmary71
    Options
    Tuesday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- foam rolling, yoga, HASFit chair exercise on ball, ball exercises, ab and plank challenges
    Water- over

Habits
    Cardio 30 minutes- nope
    Weights 3xs a week upper/lower- can't do lower, 1 upper
    Yoga/Core- done
    Decluttering- done
    Recipe- last was Sweet and Spicy Siracha, just threw stuff together tonight and same for tomorrow
    10,000 steps- no, resting

Well, I'm finally listening to my body and resting my legs for real this time. No cardio, no leg weights, no waking up and dancing/walking in place while drinking coffee online. My calf muscles haven't recovered from tightness/spasming while cutting back steps and cardio and I did some reading, apparently it's because I'm doing a lot of repetitive movements and not giving them time to heal (walking, dancing, aerobic-type videos vs cross-training like I do when the gym is open) plus I've been doing more between my Fitbit and not feeling like I'm getting as good of workouts doing videos as I do at the gym. Also don't have a lot to do right now and it was keeping me busy! Anyhow, spent the day aside of my workout with my feet up, reeking like Tiger Balm again, and with ice packs on my legs. I'm at 3000 steps for the day and usually have over 15,000 by now, definitely had to cut back what I'm eating as I'm burning a lot less. That won't be a big deal once my body adjusts. I'm not spasming as bad as this morning but don't expect to be able to increase my walking/exercise for awhile.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options

04/8
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 192.5
    Todays Weight 192.6

Yesterday
    Calories: maintenance
    Water: over/under? Under
    Macros: 🥴
    Exercise:🚶🏻‍♀️

Yesterday’s Fitbit/mfp stats:
    5028 steps. 5000goal steps
    2.03 miles
    2209 burned calories
    29 active
    82 sleep score
    61 resting sleep
    1736 calories consumed

Basic Goals
    Workout minutes:🚶🏻‍♀️
    Complete food diary: 🥙
    Stay hydrated(more than 64 oz): 😢
    Stay below sugar goal: 👎🏼
    Meet fiber in range:👎🏼
    Daily self care: meditating, crafting, reading, etc. 🧘🏻‍♀️📚
    Breathing exercises:🌬
    Sleep: minimum 7 hours 🛌

My vision for 2020:
    To find out who I am outside of “mom” since I will be an empty nester soon
    To love me no matter where I am at in my journey.
    To pursue habits and hobbies that I will enjoy and that will enrich my soul.
    To focus on total health (mind, body, and soul)

Don’t let any one weigh-in dictate what I do.
    Choose to do the work.
    Choose to show up & do the actions.
    Don’t give up when you get your first bit of resistance.
    Stick to your habits no matter what. Ignore your ego and avoid complacency.
    Keep a connection with others who understand what this journey. Isolation is not helpful
    Don’t hide when weight gain happens. Assume it will. Share your truth, and don’t let your mind tell you no one will understand.
    Make up your mind that you are and will be successful.
    Accept that this is your struggle, and you will not be fixed. I will need to continuously manage my condition.

#FeelAlive

Happy Wednesday!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    leonadixon wrote: »
    I will participate in the challenge this week...when does/did the "week" start? My weigh in is Wed, so I don't want to hurt the team....and it's my Bday, so...CAKE!

Happy Birthday, Leona!
    Rereading this, your birthday may have been Monday, not today. Either way, wishing you all the best (including that tasty CAKE treat)!

qq5oopwb7qag.gif

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR INCREDIBLE STEP WINNERS!!! @Katmary71, @Jactop, and @raleighgirl09, you ladies rock as usual and inspire us all. B)

@Katmary71, I agree that you HAVE to rest your legs so that you will heal completely. I know it’s hard and very frustrating but it’s the only way. Hang in there, heal, and then you can get back to rocking your workouts and getting in all those steps! <3 Yes, it’s the smile that she wears the whole time. I have a full-length mirror in my workout room, and I can tell you that when I’m giving it my all there is NO smile on my face! :D

@raleighgirl09, I’m glad you are recommitting to a daily check in. You need it and we NEED to hear from you! Being super focused on our eating and exercise is going to be the key our success. Unless we need to rest our poor hurting body, ;)@KatMary71. Bummer about your AC and water heater! What an ordeal for you to have to deal with. But yayyy that you feel like the situation with your boss will continue to improve. Wow, starting to jog is awesome! I have tried to jog a few times on my treadmill, but I worry that I will hurt my knees. I think I need to get more weight off before I start thinking I’m a super athlete. ;)

@its_cleo, I’m glad that your session with the trainer went well enough that you will do it again. I know that it’s very hard to keep ourselves from getting down when every day does feel like the same and like this is never going to end. But it will end!! We have to cling to that hope and do our best to be good to ourselves. And in my case I need to be good to my DH because I have found myself getting grouchy with him and that isn’t very fair. :/

@nbbaby, Yayyyyy you lost your pound for this week!! Keep it up! B)

Good morning team! Another day of life within the house. Yesterday, I did better with my food tracking but was still over on my points. I’ve already pre-tracked today and WILL stick to it. I had a good workout yesterday and this morning my muscles are hurting!! I’ve got an hour-long booty workout to do in a few minutes and I am sure that the trainer will kick my butt, literally!! :D After my workout, I think I will do some housework and try to keep busy. Have a good and safe day! <3
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I signed up for Fitrockr but not sure how much help I will be in the challenge. I do not have an Apple Watch and and notice that my steps in the Apple health app is less than half of what I really have.
This discussion has been closed.