Active April Challenge 2020

Options

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,950 Member
    Options
    MistressPi wrote: »
    Accountability for 5 April:

Exercise: 55 minute walk, moderate pace. Went to, around and through the park. Weather was really nice, so there were a decent amount of folks doing the same thing. A trio of friends was watching a 4th try to walk a tightrope (about 3’ off the ground). A couple of people were attempting to play guitars. Everyone was practicing responsible social distancing. Ducks were leisurely gliding about the pond. Some idiot was feeding them Cheetos. I picked up a FREE walking stick on the way home! :) All in all, a lovely way to spend an hour of my time.

Sounded like a nice time. :smile:
  • baconslave
    Options
    What day is it even? :grimace: Oh, right, Tuesday.

4/6:
    1hr 15 walk. Very nice weather. Got in right at 12k steps. NEAT was good. No thanks to my Fitbit which has decided it only intermittently notifies me at the appropriate time. So I'm just going to have to try to pay attention myself. Not the best at that.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    1. Mini Break workouts (10 min x 4, 5 times)
    2. Eat low carb
    3. Limit drinks to weekends
    4. Close all 3rings on Apple Watch (stand, move, exercise) daily.

4/6 check in:
    1~4 ✔ It was a gorgeous day and took full advantage of it. I jogged at lunch, took a long walk after work and ate my lunch outside.
    It's funny reading about the "teenage boys". I have a 13 that's always looking for food too. He's 5'8" and skinny. Wish he ate more carbs but he always goes for the protein and veggies. Wish I had his palate!
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    4/6-4/7 check in:
    Well, I have the active part of the month down pat. Crushed my rings both days with exercise, lots of steps and standing. But the eating part has been less than desirable. My saboteur has had something to do with that so we both need a refocus! The rest of the week is salvageable so it’s upwards and onwards!
  • aquariansmb
    aquariansmb Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    4/7 Check-in:
    Closed all my rings yesterday and feel good about all of my food choices. One day and one choice at a time.

Have a beautiful day everyone!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Tuesday was good food was as planned, second week of phase 1 for beast...so hard...still a touch sore...muscles have not adapted...second week is always the hardest of any phase...but, I did push through and get chest/tris all done...

My husband went early in the morning to food lion and managed to score two 18 count packs of eggs, so we are back to a normal amount of eggs in the house and we can have breakfast for dinner Friday night as usual...and we colored eggs for easter last night which both the teens participated in...did the PAAS space pack this year and they came out cool, and it was way faster than the dipping dyes...even watched a little Voltron for a bit of retro anime!!!
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    2. Eat low carb

4/7 check in:
    1, 3, 4 ✔
    2 X

I ate way more carbs than usual yesterday. Mostly at dinner. My plan was to have a protein shake and call it a day. But the kids wanted Udon and I made too much. So I had a bit. Then there was a small piece of pizza left that I ate without thinking. So my plan went out the door!
    Oh well. Today is another day. I will do extra workout as it's raining and wet outside.
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    4/8
    Back on track exercise wise (or as good as it gets during pandemic) but struggling a bit with calories/carbs. Nothing too bad but I need to get back to "mindful March" and reinforce those rules.
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Good day everyone!

Check in for 4/7

1. >15,000 steps daily (Fitbit data). Got in a 2nd walk after the golf ball, nickel, and dime sized hail storm.
    2. > 3,000 calories burned daily (Fitbit data). Very much over goal
    3. Low carb < 35 net and low calorie < 1,500 day. Did good
    4. Close the active ring on Fitbit. Set at 250 an hour. Closed the ring!

Keep up the good work. I have had to remind myself: consistency+persistence+time=success
  • baconslave
    Options
    More about yesterday. NEAT wasn't fantastic but got an opportunity after my strength workout to walk around outside with hubby, so I ended up with 8K step for the day which is fantastic for a non-cardio day for me.

4/8:
    Rainy crap day. So I did all 5 of Leslie Sansone's 5 Boosted Miles, "boosting" all walking after I got out of the warmup. Except starting in the 3rd mile I had to take quick walking breaks here and there due to stupid arch cramps from the jogging. I decided to do so much boosting because Le Grand Saboteur made a bunch of frozen pizza for lunch and as I was starving and addicted to pizza, I devoured 4 pieces and came out of the pizza-haze with sauce on my face and hanging my head in shame. :smirk:
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    6 Apr 2020, Monday
    Made a half-hearted stab at exercise by walking about the Hollywood District, going to the hardware store and seeing what was open. About 30 minutes.

Tuesday: NOPE (hangs head in shame)

Today: It's not over yet!
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I've been so lazy but my diet is great with carnivore. I made some half ground beef/ half pork sausage patties in the air fryer. I could eat those every day . I plan on doing more BoxVR on my pc.
  • taylok23
    Options
    4/8 check in:
    Back at eating on plan for the day however MFP says I’m a bit over on calories. Not going to get too worked up over that as I was all carnivore and still pretty active. Closed the rings on the watch and enjoyed a little sunshine. One of the dogs has a bad wheel so no walks for a few days so I’ll have to pace more during meetings. @baconslave , I feel you- I can put pizza away with the best of ‘em!
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    4/8 check in:
    1, 2, 4 ✔
    3 X

2. Eat low carb

After work was warm and sunny, we went walking the trail (3miles) and later, I made dinner.
    I was so tired and needed to unwind and there, I had 2 vodka martini in a martini gla🍸ss!
    I have to say, I enjoyed it very much!
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Check in 4/8

Darn, not the best day I've had. Too tired so gave up and ordered take out from a local mom and pop TexMex restaurant. Justification: stressed out d/t the COVID and patronizing different local restaurants to hopefully help them thru the closures.

1. >15,000 steps daily (Fitbit data). Got plenty of walking at work but got lazy and didn't go for an evening walk or do body weight exercises
    2. > 3,000 calories burned daily (Fitbit data). Nope, didn't make it, only 2,882
    3. Low carb < 35 net and low calorie < 1,500 day. Over carbs but calories still okay
    4. Close the active ring on Fitbit. Set at 250 an hour. Did manage to close the ring at least.

4/9 is going to be better, I can feel it!
  • taylok23
    Options
    4/9 check in:
    Stayed on plan again yesterday but was a tiny bit over on calories. Stepped on the scale and still in maintenance. Man, it really is what you put in your mouth or in my case how much! I’m on a 25 day active streak closing all my rings on my watch so I’m not sure how much more I can do in that space. I’ve always known this basic fact but apparently refuse to listen. Today I’ve planned ahead on fasting and meals so that should keep me on target. Of course I’m already starved! Keep on keeping on everyone!
  • baconslave
    edited April 2020
    Options
    taylok23 wrote: »
    4/9 check in:
    Stayed on plan again yesterday but was a tiny bit over on calories. Stepped on the scale and still in maintenance. Man, it really is what you put in your mouth or in my case how much! I’m on a 25 day active streak closing all my rings on my watch so I’m not sure how much more I can do in that space. I’ve always known this basic fact but apparently refuse to listen. Today I’ve planned ahead on fasting and meals so that should keep me on target. Of course I’m already starved! Keep on keeping on everyone!

Unfortunately, yup. But our inner ravenous toddler doesn't want to hear it so it smothers our sense with a pillow. Long time struggles here myself. :unamused:
  • baconslave
    Options
    What day is it? Day 26 since I've been out of the house. :hushed:

4/9:
    https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/32-minute-bodyweight-workout-total-body-toning-and-functional-strength-training-exercises
    https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/no-equipment-upper-body-workout-for-great-arms-shoulders-and-upper-back
    Plus a small stroll while literally (:joy:) reading a book. My cat was so weirded out. He kept coming up to me and meowing. Ok, kitty. Maybe I am a little crazy. So Over 7k steps which is astounding for a non-cardio day for me. It was soooo incredible nice out. Super sunny but not too warm.