Options

Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    kz3zafing1k6.jpg

@Katmary71 - What a great day you had yesterday! 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽
    I love how smart you are being about taking care of yourself and giving yourself time to heal. Butt and ab workouts sound fun, too! If you like them, will you share them?
    Your new bands sound like a such a treat! I so get the excitement! 🤩
    I am also on various cooking groups on Facebook. Somehow in the last month, my use of Facebook has come roaring back, and cooking groups are a new, fun thing to me.
    Big hugs on Easter. 👐🏽👐🏽👐🏽
    So I did check out the Bob and Brad videos, and am adding Achilles massage to my morning routine. I had plantar fasciitis a couple of years ago -- being almost unable to walk had me get serious about needing to find ways to make changes -- and I had been thinking that was what was whispering to me on one foot. Bob and Brad's video on signs you do/don't have PF suggests its the Achilles. It's not something that hurts a lot, just a whisper. It also confirmed that an Essentrics workout I am doing is a good choice. Yay for that!
    Here's a link directly to the Bin Isolation Facebook group. I had linked to a news story, but that site changed something, as that link (which I can see in my history) now does not work for me, either.
    "Skin tight pants and no bra" -- this made me laugh, as it describes my weeding attire. I do wear a second shirt, though (long sleeves for weeding, to avoid skin irritation, and, well, modesty. 🤣🤣🤣

@raleighgirl09 - I am with @TeresaW1020 on being super grateful you are up for checking in. You are always such an amazing contribution to the conversation. Don't know if you know that, but you are!
    I hope your hip feels better soon. Rest is a smart thing to be doing.
    I am a fan of Essentrics/Classical Stretch, and she has this, which might be worth a look. It's a very gentle set of movements, all in or with a chair: Essentrics mini workout for hip pain relief

@leonadixon - Hurray for checking in, regardless of the post birthday cake bump!

@its_cleo - So smart of you to think about the weekend and to make plans! It sounds like you actually have plenty going on. Check in here, too! I know I'll be checking in, and bet some others will be, as well! 👐🏽👐🏽👐🏽
    Oh, and for your Achilles -- if you haven't, you might check out the Bob and Brad videos that @Katmary71 pointed us, too. It may all be stuff you are already doing? If not, maybe something will be useful?

@trooworld - Woohoo! I am so glad you enjoyed the Abba video! And hurray to those small wins! Keep it up!
    So I started looking for more Abba workout videos. There's a truly deplorable lack, but I did find out that there's an unexpected number of Zumba Cumbia workout "Stayin' Alive" videos like this.
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Check-in - Wednesday Report 🟢
    🔴 Missed my gardening goal. I got interrupted on my way out, and then thought "it's too late." Silly me -- I could have found ONE weed in the dark! #TodaysANewDay
    🟢 On the plus side, I was cooking a family dinner that had two 10-minute "wait while things cook" periods, and fit in two 10 minute Sansone walking videos right there in the kitchen
    Calories: under; all good, on-plan choices 🟢
    Exercise: yes! 🟢 fitness videos 108 min. (Leslie Sansone, plus bonus fun thing)
    Water: good 🟢
    Habit Tracking
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min) 🟢
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min) 🟢
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily; 1) 🟢
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min) 🟢
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily) 🟢
    Goals
    - 10K steps 🟢
    - Bonus workout video (1+) 🟢 Yes!
    - Tiny Habit - Gardening (pull at least one weed!) 🔴
    - 90 min movement (yoga, weights, gardening, etc) 🟢 Yes!
    Goal for week - Move up a Fitness Level in FitRockr. I am at Level 13 right now, and want to see what it would take to get up to 14. Pinning this here, so I keep an eye on it.

Goals and Improvements for Today (Thursday)
    ✅ Habit Tracking
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min) 🟢 (10 min Plum Village guided meditation; love this free app)
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min) 🟢
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily; 1)
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min)
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily)
    ⚙️ Goals
    - 10 K steps, at least some outside!
    - Bonus workout video (1+) 🟢 (disco thing with Dancing Queen, Essentrics)
    - Tiny Habit - Gardening (pull at least one weed!)
    - 90 minutes of movement, yoga, weights, etc

Sharing video workouts to try:
    - 1 Mile Easy Disco Walking Workout | Gina B Low impact and fun. And, hey @trooworld , this includes Dancing Queen!
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    gwamajtw91

Weigh in: Thursday
    PW: 167.1
    CW: 167.1

Another week, another zero. I was thinking I was heading in the wrong direction so upped my exercise to two 5k runs and a 45 minute bike ride in the last 3 days. Luckily the weather here in Virginia has been great to get outside this week. I have been a little lax with what I have been eating too, so if I'm going to have to focus a little harder on CICO than in recent days.

I'm really glad I have this group to hold myself accountable to (even though I don't post much and don't visit every day)!!
    Thanks for all the upbeat and positive comments and suggestions that you all share :)
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Thursday weigh in week 2 (09Apr2020)
    Previous weight: 180.7
    Current weight: 178.5

Glad to be alive and well! Hope everyone is staying safe and staying sane!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,571 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Were you interested in the booty band videos? I only did one, my booty was on fire when it was done! I'll definitely do it again soon (probably next leg day since I'm staying away from weights for now) but want to try the other one next. It used the lower leg more than I expected but I wasn't as good as I should've been as I was feeling a little better today. I'm glad you found Bob and Brad helpful! I spent a long time looking through their videos and need to spend some more time checking them out. It's easy for time to fly on YouTube!

Thursday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- lots of short videos! Yoga with Adriene for Neck, Shoulders, Upper back; dance videos not using legs much; 24Go (gym app on YouTube) pilates stretch and restorative stretching, Walking with Weights/Nick, 5 minute plank challenge, 10 minute abs, Sydney Cummings Butt and Thighs burnout with mini-bands, some other random 5 minute yoga routine that wasn't worth saving

My gym's streaming live workouts and has workout videos on YouTube. Here's the YouTube channel. The streaming is the first choice. I'm bummed that aside of a few dance routines all Les Mills is high impact. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCokTHyQ5VQM1F4lWkiM_0rQ?pbjreload=10

Adriene has to be the most chill person ever, it makes me want to run up behind her and scream BOO to see if she jumps! Here's her neck, shoulders, and upper back yoga, it felt amazing on my neck: https://youtu.be/X3-gKPNyrTA

I decided to try a short walking routine and see how it goes but wasn't in the mood for Leslie, turns out this is one of the walkers in her group, he only has a couple but I liked him and wish he had more. It's 1 mile and goes by real fast: https://youtu.be/kxsglta7Wtg

Habits
    Cardio 30 minutes- guilty, kept trying to get dance routines down but without moving much. Did avoid the hip hop ones I was dying to try as they were too long.
    Weights 3xs- arms 2, butt with resistance bands and some weight 1 day
    Yoga/core- done
    Decluttering- none, did too much housecleaning as instead
    Recipe- made the roasted cauliflower and lentil tacos with chipotle sauce. The "sauce" is mayo (in my case light) mixed with chipotle chilis in adobo sauce, lime juice, S&P. The whole thing was good but I'll be making that sauce for everything now!

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 211.7
    Todays Weight: 210.5 :)
  • gunderw59
    gunderw59 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    gunderw59
    week 2
    Friday
    PW- 238.0
    CW- 240.2

Don't know been using my food scale all the time. Going to lower workout calories burned since i've been eating them. Sorry :'(
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain A workout to "Stayin Alive"? I'M IN!!! ;) And a DISCO workout sounds fun...Dancing Queen is my favorite ABBA song! I'll have to try that one. Thanks!

@Katmary71 I love Yoga with Adriene! She is chill!

For yesterday:
    Calories: over/under? over
    Water: over/under? over
    Exercise: Leslie Sansone exercise video
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow (today): I will try to do some form of exercise but I've got a busy day ahead of me. 52 oz+ of water.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    OMGoodness! @raleighgirl09 No Licks!!!! I am dying! This is so accurate! Hahaha!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    48hpreng5cbo.jpg

@trooworld - So glad the DISCO workout looks fun! Let us know how it goes! Yeah, I love Abba, and Dancing Queen is such a great song.
    👍🏽👍🏽 It looks like you had a good day yesterday. Big congrats on fitting in the exercise. It can seem hard to make the time, but it can make you feel so much better once you do it!

🕺 Oh, and since you like disco, you might also check out this one that @KatMary71 found. I love the song!
    Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mya, Pink - Lady Marmalade (Dance Fitness with Jessica)

z4vabjlx43ft.gif

@gunderw59 - 👐👐 No apology needed! Losing weight and now keeping the balance -- it's all a science experiment. I love your simple plan of not eating back all your workout calories. That sounds like a simple, manageable change. Keep weighing, keep tracking, keep experimenting until you find what works for you and your body! The big thing is to not stop!

@TeresaW1020 - 🎉 Woohoo! Great weigh-in! I am sosoSO delighted for you!

@Katmary71 - I don't have the booty bands, but thought I might try one of those. They are still in my to-try folder on YouTube, as I didn't end up doing a ton of video stuff yesterday. I went walking with my husband, which was its own kind of awesome!

👍🏽 I, too, like the Leslie Sansone videos that feature Nick! One I have done a couple of times and enjoyed is HIIT Walk | Walk At Home

We love chipotles in adobo sauce at my house, so your recipe sounds great. (Well, not for me. I don't like mayo, which I freely admit is strange. But my husband and son would likely love it!) Funny note - when shopping for the shutdown, I made sure to buy several large cans. Just to give you an idea! Here is my husband and son;s favorite recipe that I use chipotle in:
    America's Test Kitchen - How to Make Our Recipe for Tinga de Pollo, the Ultimate Taco Filling

@raleighgirl09 - Thanks for that great reminder of all we have to be grateful for. Alive and well. Such a gift. 🎁
    And congratulations on the great weigh-in! 🎉

@gwamajtw91 - 👍🏽👍🏽 Congratulations on holding the number steady! It sounds like you saw a trend and reversed it! Keep up the great work!

pa3wnjzj0zr0.jpg
  • Shoop69
    Shoop69 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Check In
    Username: Shoop69
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight last week Friday: 234.8
    Todays Weight 234.0

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    Week 2
    PW: 186
    CW: 186.1

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020- Whoooooohoooooo on your loss!
    @AustinRuadhain @Katmary71- thanks for all the work out ideas
    @raleigh_girl -- I too am LMAO over your licks post!

Tiny habits I have started this week due to the inspiration provided by ya'll-

track my food EVERY SINGLE DAY
    increase calorie burn daily goal to 270+
    brush teeth immediately after eating- for some reason this makes me less likely to continue to eat

Stay healthy everyone!
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes @Katmary71 I just tried that Bob and Brad achilles video, it was like magic! I mean I'm not about to start doing 100 jumping jacks but it hurt today and I tried that and the pain disappeared :smile: Thank you!
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Username: davors19
    Weigh-in week: Week 2
    Weigh-in day: Fri
    Previous Weight: 275
    Todays Weight: 271
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @gunderw59 if you are using MFP to estimate workout calories I do think it overestimates. So I will slightly under record almost all of my exercises, and then I stick with the formula consistently. It seems to work.

Okay you guys have almost convinced me to try one of these disco workouts. I am very self-conscious about dancing. Never went to high school dances, never really danced at the bar when I was in university. I get very awkward with dancing. But it's one thing, I thought maybe this shut down would give me a chance to play around with the dance workouts.

I did try one that was supposed to be a Latin dance video but it just kind of seemed like cardio.

I'm afraid of my weigh in this week, and afraid I will drag you guys down in that 20lb challenge. :(

But I went for a good walk early this morning, 6.5 km. I've been walking because I was worried about my Achilles but that video above and the massaging is giving me some hope.

What else? Not much lol. Doing some work this weekend and that is fine. Will take it easy tomorrow. Strength training on Sunday. For strength training I am copying the workout I did with my trainer.

• raleighgirl09
    Options
    its_cleo wrote: »
    @gunderw59 if you are using MFP to estimate workout calories I do think it overestimates. So I will slightly under record almost all of my exercises, and then I stick with the formula consistently. It seems to work.

What else? Not much lol. Doing some work this weekend and that is fine. Will take it easy tomorrow. Strength training on Sunday. For strength training I am copying the workout I did with my trainer.

@gunderw59 , I agree with @its_cleo - I found the calorie estimations to be high. This will sound a bit like tough love - but I began having the most success when I stopped eating into my 'extra' calories. I know - tough. It's gotta be the right move for the individual but thought I'd share.

@its_cleo right there with ya - got some work to do over the weekend. => Can't decide if everyday feels like a weekday or weekend but there is, for sure, a lot less difference these days! =>
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Friday check in

Hey-ho! Had a relatively good day - did have some unplanned stuff after dinner that I made sure to finish before I questioned it... => It's been several weeks since I've done that so I can either think, well - I really did want it and it's ok every once in a while. Or I can be s sad about it. I guess I'll be ok with it (it is - after all - already being digested) and work to not repeat it. Learn and move on, right?

Hip doing much better. You know, this is all on my side. I'm doing some jogging only to get a better burn, when the ol' bod, muscles and joints will allow for it. So when it's not really in the cards, I'm not losing anything because I'm still walking and getting at least 10,000 steps a day. Day at a time, right?

@AustinRuadhain and @Katmary71 amazing - all of the vids you guys have been posting....really amazing stuff, thanks so much!!
    @gwamajtw91 hey - this is a great weigh in - many a week I wish I could have reported a maintain over a gain...keep on doing the right things and the maintain will take a downturn for a loss... =>
    @TeresaW1020 what an awesome weigh in, I am so very happy for you - YAY!!
    @TeresaW1020 and @AustinRuadhain thank you both for the kind words.... => I really enjoy being a part of the team and hope that just recommitting to the daily can bring me back to being more engaged. Working on it! =>
    @Shoop69 way to go on the weigh in, very nice!
    @Cornanda and @vegan4lyfe2012 haha, glad the licks resonates and brings a chuckle!! It has really helped me to stop eating while cooking if I stop at the beginning....which is always the TIIIIIniest taste. Ha - slippery slope.
    @davors19 excellent weigh in, CONGRATS!!! =>
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Great loss, impressive! Hey, since we've done a lot of the same videos did you like any of Jane Fonda's? I looked at them a few days ago and they're so corny I don't think I could do one without laughing! Denise Austin comes up constantly when I do searches for things, there's too many choices to go back to her!

@gunderw59 No reason to apologize to us! I thought that at first too, it's not going to hurt us, it's about what's best for you that matters. Have you increased your workouts? I don't get exactly how it works but when you do, especially weights, your muscles are more likely to retain water. As far as eating calories back I wasn't eating any back then really got run down, I started eating no more than half back and it helped a lot. I agree with everyone about estimates being high. My Fitbit seems better than I expected it to be now but I'm also in maintenance.

@gwamajtw91 Glad you're getting outside and enjoying the fresh air!

@AustinRuadhain Thanks for the Nick video, I saved it to my workout playlist! If I'd had any idea I would be doing more than a couple videos I would've made workout playlist categories, trying to find stuff is ridiculous now! Here's the Sidney Cummings video I did, it wasn't abs, butt and thighs. my mistake! https://youtu.be/Qh_sBoA9Doo She's really good, has all kinds of videos of different types. The only problem I have with them is my weights aren't heavy enough. I did another ab resistance band today and have a few others if you're interested as well as regular resistance bands (just sent my dad a list). I saved the chicken thigh recipe too, it sounds really good. I don't usually cook with chicken thighs (weird aversion to fatty meat) but it could work with chicken breasts, wonder if I could covert it to the Instant Pot? After one recipe with chipotle in adobo sauce I was smart and froze the rest but am flying through it, I have two backup cans now! I normally don't eat mayo (don't eat much bread) and I may be in trouble now! Not weird to not like mayo, I don't like full fat mayo so I'm not one to talk!

@Shoop69 nice loss, I'm impressed with those of you losing weight right now!

@Cornanda great goals, I think those are all doable! I started putting my laptop on the counter when I go online and marching in place/dancing to music while online. Of course I live alone so I'm not bugging anyone! Walking around while on the phone helps up burn too.

@its_cleo YES! I'm so happy it helped your Achilles, that's awesome! My calves are like rocks and the massage they recommend for calves actually breaks them back down into separate muscles, I'm doing it a few times a day along with lower adductor massages and icing. Of course I'm not back to normal but I'm not doing the best at staying still. So glad you got some relief! As far as dance goes I used to like dancing but I'm not the greatest dancer. I feel totally anxious trying to get routines down but once you do start learning the moves it feels awesome to be doing it right! Just tell yourself that it's YOUR dance, you don't have to do it exactly like they do it. Just keep moving and you're getting a workout even if it's walking in place watching them jump around. Here's a "warm up" from Fitness Marshall, I haven't found the right disco fit yet https://youtu.be/4L5cdskEiA4

@davors19 holy cow, great weight loss!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Friday check-in (couldn't remember what day it was!)
    Calories- under
    Exercise- Another day of lots of little ones. Did more dancing than I should've. If anyone's interested in trying hip hop this is a fun one. Only downfall is you can't do it on carpet in tennis shoes, I stopped around 10 minutes because I was tired of tripping all over the place feeling like an idiot but I should've just taken off my shoes. https://youtu.be/s9R8gxKLPEo I have it playing in the background right now as I love the funky music he chose! My favorite dance of the day is this one, it's not as hard as it looks and those side arm monkey waves are so fun I could do them all day. Cleo at least try the arm waves! I thankfully stopped doing this a few minutes before the guy that sprays for pests came to the door but he got to hear Bee Gees blasting in the house! I can handle being busted listening to awesome music but dancing is a whole different story! https://youtu.be/iL6ufJLkiUo I always do my 20 minute back yoga at the end of my workout, the sun was out today so I took my yoga mat and went under the oak tree on the back lawn, it was just what I needed.
    Water- over

Habits
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Weights- 3xs arms, legs 1 day with resistance bands though I did bands for total body today
    Yoga/core- done
    Decluttering- none
    Recipe- still eating lentil cauliflower tacos
    10,000 steps- done

I'm still getting used to the Fitbit calories burned and it being added throughout the day on here. I usually keep breakfast and lunch the same then see what I burn to eat around my calories. I'm not used to closing my diary close to the limit then having a few hundred more calories available by bedtime. I used to just go by a certain amount each day because it was half of the estimated burn but with Fitbit I never know how much of an adjustment it'll give me. I also don't go into the next day assuming I'll work out either and I usually do so that's part of the problem since I tend to burn a lot. Anyhow, something to get used to, not a major problem I'm just bad about seeing that I'm over calories aside of holidays or eating out so I don't assume anything until I see I have wiggle room. I ended up talking on Zoom with a couple aunts, parents, brother and SIL, and cousin today, it was fun but everyone was talking at once! My parents invited me over for Easter as we've all been avoiding going out. It'll be 10 days since I went to the store then so it's not a full two weeks but I think I'm going to do it. We can't be around my bro, SIL, and nephews as they haven't been as good about staying away from people so our celebration is postponed. It's so weird right now, it feels like life is paused and it's really not. A friend of mine from high school just died and I've been thinking about her a lot since I found out, everything going on reminds one how much to be grateful for.

@AustinRuadhain This is another Sidney Cummings, did this one today and that plank with rows was tough, my bands aren't as stretchy as hers either. https://youtu.be/h3sscHWfdi8
This discussion has been closed.