Options

Replies

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    4/9 check in:
    3, 4 ✔
    1, 2 X

1. Mini Break workouts (10 min x 4, 5 times)
    2. Eat low carb
    3. Limit drinks to weekends
    4. Close all 3rings on Apple Watch (stand, move, exercise) daily.

I did 3 mini's yesterday. It was intentional as I needed to check on my daughters progress. And I am glad I did. She needs LOTS of hand holding (IEP) and she needs to keep up with homeschooling for the duration. She did great and I'm hoping that it will last. I will try to sit down with her again today during lunch and help out.
    I totally missed on the 2. I made Veggie Black Bean Enchiladas and it was so G O O D!!! https://cookieandkate.com/vegetarian-enchiladas-recipe/

But my scale showed no change, so I'm good. It was definitely worth it!
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    4/10
    Have been struggling a bit. I would classify everything as "mediocre." Start the day ok but toward the evening I lose grip a little.

Monday I am having someone come to estimate a price for a small portion of fencing. Never thought I'd be looking forward to an estimate, but it is someone on the property besides hubby and I. Hooray!

It's a new day and a new chance to be both mindful and active! o:)
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    @supergal3, that's right! A new day and a new chance. I like that.

Check in for 4/9

1. >15,000 steps daily (Fitbit data). Got in 2 walks again, goodness it's cold outside. It snowed and looked like a snowglobe out the window.
    2. > 3,000 calories burned daily (Fitbit data). Managed to get over goal.
    3. Low carb < 35 net and low calorie < 1,500 day. Both well under.
    4. Close the active ring on Fitbit. Set at 250 an hour. Closed the ring!

Grocery store shelves looked worse last night over all, but I was able to buy a 9 roll pack of Cottonelle. Felt very proud and victorious. My house is good thru the end of April now, no problem. Hope it's the same for all of you! Take care.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,950 Member
    Options
    4/10:
    Yard stomp in GLORIOUS weather, if a bit chill but it was sunny! Got over 12K steps yesterday.
  • vkrenz
    Options
    Check in for 4/10.
    1. Got in 2 walks for >20,000 steps for almost 10 miles.
    2. Fitbit data recorded>3,500 calories burned
    3. Carbs higher since Friday night restaurant food so I figured I'd better take a really long evening walk.
    4. Missed a ring early in the day,very busy work day.

We'll see how motivated I stay for the weekend.

Take care everyone!
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    4/10 check in:
    Another good day of activity and was under calories and on plan. Was really craving sweets but I shoved it down and carried on. Hubs is motivating me with some nice losses in the last week but I have to be sure not to undereat when he chooses to fast or I get hangry. Not feeling super motivated today so we’ll see what the weekend brings. Happy Easter to those celebrating!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    The sun broke out, the snow is melting! Days in the mid 50s are coming!! I can start going on walks (waddles) again.

[our streets are hilly/icy and I don't have a maternity coat, so couldn't really walk in the snow]
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Today’s activity: 1:52 minutes walk. I talked with a friend who lives about half a mile away and we decided to meet up at her house. We walked (6’ apart) about the neighborhood for over an hour, then we headed back to our homes. We travelled at her pace, which is slower than mine, due to mobility issues. We kept pausing so she could tell me details about this or that particular house (she’s a retired realtor). But that’s OK; I’m interested in architectural history. I count about 90 minutes of activity.

Made a BLT roll up (with mayo!) on a low carb tortilla for lunch. Now baking salmon in the oven for dinner.
  • vkrenz
    Options
    It feels good to get outside especially when you're able to meet up with a friend.

Check in 4/11.

1. 2 walks again, one on my own and then I successfully rousted my husband outside for a short walk later, so got a little over 16,000 steps.
    2. Just made it over 3,000 calories for the day
    3. Carbs right at goal and calories well under. I decided to check and see if I was still in ketosis since carbs have been periodically on higher side. Measured a trace. I'm gonna have to get more consistent if I am going to lose any pounds.
    4. Made sure I was got the ring closed. Not much else to do since we're quarantined.

Happy Easter everyone!
  • baconslave
    edited April 2020
    Options
    4/11:
    Though I don't usually workout on weekends, yesterday was so lovely I did another hour-plus yard stomp. Over 11k steps for the day.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Lazy, rainy day yesterday.
    Today will be a no-go as far as outside exercise but I haz videos. No excuses today. :mrgreen:
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    4/10 1-3✔ 4X
    4/11 1-4✔
    4/12 2,3✔ 1,4X

2. Eat low carb

1st time I didn't close the rings! I exercised and did everything but didn't close the Move by a tiny bit. And yesterday I didn't do workouts but I sure was active in the garden.
    I made a pallet garden and planted herbs and some kale. It's raining today, hope they are ok.
    Back to Monday- Will be doing some burst mini work outs soon!
  • taylok23
    Options
    4/11-4/12 check in:
    Closed my rings both days over the weekend with 18k and 16k steps. I tried to stay active since my food planning was beyond poor. No planning= over on calories and carbs by a mile but today started with a fast and I’m back on plan. A couple weeks left in the month gives me time to at least shed a few pounds. Now if the weather would cooperate!
  • vkrenz
    Options
    @weatherking2019, yeah sometimes those rings sneak up on you and your off by a tiny bit. It happened to me recently too. I think being active in the garden would surely make up for it.

Check in for 4/12.

1. >15,000 steps daily (Fitbit data). Beautiful day before the cold rain and wind came in the afternoon, missed step goal by about 1,000 though
    2. > 3,000 calories burned daily (Fitbit data). Just reached the goal with body weight exercises.
    3. Low carb < 35 net and low calorie < 1,500 day. Well nope, not with all that good ham to eat, I pigged out (hahaha)
    4. Close the active ring on Fitbit. Set at 250 an hour. Did manage to close the ring.

Well regrouping for the rest of this month to plan to be successful. Weight loss is stalled likely b/c of my up and down carb intake. I have to be more diligent if I'm going to continue to lose weight.

I do have a new goal incentive. My son is getting married on 10/2/2021 so I have to be my stunning self for my debut as the mother of the groom. I'm very excited they set the date.
  • taylok23
    Options
    4/13 check in:
    Another good day of closing rings and being active with 18k steps. Over on calories and carbs so that is a definite area of improvement. I think the boredom of being home so much is definitely contributing. Hopefully as the weather continues to improve I can get out and take my mind off mindless munching.
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    4/13 check in:
    1-3✔ 4X

2. Eat low carb

Another day that I didn't close the Move ring! I don't get it?? I exercised close to an hour, did 5 mini workouts and not enough movements?? I don't understand.
    Anyway, today is another day. I will try harder. At least I dropped 0.4% of body fat. That I am happy about. :)
  • baconslave
    Options
    4/13:
    Completed Leslie Sansone's 5 Mega Miles. Over 12k steps for the day. :mrgreen:
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Y'all are doing great! I on the other hand have been a complete slacker the past week, I've let little things under my skin that sabotage my efforts. My resolve is weak but I'm still trying. Weather in my neck of the woods is so inconsistent.
  • vkrenz
    Options
    @tishsmith101 Oh, I understand about allowing little things sabotage. For myself the summing up of the little things have resulted in a bigger thing, LOL. Weather for our world is snowy, windy, and cold again today. Keep trying, you'll get there.
  • vkrenz
    Options
    Check in for 4/13

1. >15,000 steps daily (Fitbit data). Cold and windy but still got myself bundled up for a 3.6 mile walk.
    2. > 3,000 calories burned daily (Fitbit data). Did reach goal and I'm glad.
    3. Low carb < 35 net and low calorie < 1,500 day. Back at it for a successful day.
    4. Close the active ring on Fitbit. Set at 250 an hour. nope, didn't get the last hour. I'm not sure why. I couldn't have missed it by much.