DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - April 2020

Options

Replies

• UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,374 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    What's for dinner? I need some new ideas for dinners, so what are your favorites right now that don't require a lot of odd ingredients that may not be in the quarantine cupboards?

My mindset is continuing to improve, thankfully. I'm down weight-wise again this morning, and I also hope I can continue the better control I've had with my eating habits. I'm babysitting my granddaughter today, so I hope to get in a good walk with her in her stroller when the temps warm a bit.

Goals for today:
    1. Sew another mask. I think we will be wearing them for a while, and I hate to have to wash them every day.
    2. Log all food and stay under calories
    3. Drink at least 64 ounces of water and allow a calorie free drink or two in addition
    4. Walk at least 2 miles at some point (combination of stroller and alone time walk this evening maybe). 3 miles would be preferable!
    5. Look for exercises I can do with her??? Maybe some ab stuff? She weighs about 15 lbs right now. Hmmm. That thought just came to me!
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Weigh In Day
    SW 308.6
    LW 300.2
    CW 296.4
    diff = 3.8 :)
    Total Lost to date -- 12.2

You are doing so great! Keep on doing what's working for you. It's inspiring to see you on such a wonderful downtrend. Fantastic job!

Thanks! I know it will taper off soon but will definitely enjoy the fruits of my labor (food shopping, meal planning, snack plotting, etc ) LOL. This is giving me a nice mental boost as I begin the long journey to Onederland. Thanks again. :)
  • cesse47
    Options
    Username: mari_moulin
    Weighin week: 3
    Weighin day: Saturday
    Previous weight: 190.4
    Current weight: 188.8

Hello team! After a very crap week dealing with a UTI and some tummy issues I’ve managed to come in with a loss. I hope this isn’t just due to my health problems but also because I made a little more effort this week with my eating habits. I started back on IF 16:8 on Tuesday after a weekend of over indulging and a huge spike on the scale. I put my foot down and said ok that’s it no more of this nonsense. I’ve stuck with IF and started logging everything in my diary. The good the bad and the ugly. I’ve stayed on top of my water intake and have been sticking to my 5K every morning this week. 7/7 days of workouts for this week. I hope I can keep this up. The weekend is here and it’s when I struggle the most. I need to really make a little more effort when it comes to food choices. I do very good with my meals but the snacking has gotten out of control again. I need to go back to my better snacking habits I had before the lockdown. I’m getting there. Fingers crossed this downward trend continues ❤️

Congrats on the loss. Maybe you could "reserve" your snack at the beginning of the day. I log 5 Ritz crackers and peanut butter as a snack when I input my breakfast. That reserves about 175 calories in the snack category. That night if I have something different, I delete what's logged and add in what I actually choose for my snack. Just knowing I've got those calories "reserved" helps me keep my snack choice inline with what's on reserve.

Question -- what does IF stand for?
  • cesse47
    Options
    Saturday April 18 check in

Today's To Do List --
    do exercise, drink all water, be mindful of food choices
    Get outside today is a Must ... supposed to hit 50 after lunch and I desperately need OUT!!

Groceries delivered yesterday; way too many choices, really need to be careful not to overindulge. Did buy sugar free Popsicles to have for a snack ... something a little fun and flavorful. Also -- danger zone -- bought Hershey miniatures ... hoping I can portion them out. Thinking I might put the bag in the freezer and take out 2-3 only when I get desperate for chocolate. If I can plan them ... maybe I can control the hungries when I feel the desperate craving for chocolate ... we'll see how it goes; I may have to give them away if I can't control it.

Have a good day Y'all :)
  • cesse47
    Options
    Friday’s check in

Calories: under
    Exercise: 78 minute walk
    Water: not enough

Steps 4/18 11,570

My main goal today is to get through it without a repeat of last Saturday. I am about to go to the supermarket and I am determined not to bring the snacks in the house.

Today’s goals
    1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Walk 5.5 km min (did 5.37km yesterday)
    3. Walk minimum 11,500 steps
    4. Ensure I drink 8 cups of water

Good Luck!! Hope your choices please you. I haven't had any real snacks (chocolate bar, candy, etc) since early March. We get food delivered and this time I did order sugar free popsicles (pleased with that choice) and Hershey miniatures (may be trouble). If the miniatures become an issue; I'll give them away.

Congrats on all the walking! I'm still doing 5 min chunks of walking ... just baby steps for now! Have a great day!!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Username: mari_moulin
    Weighin week: 3
    Weighin day: Saturday
    Previous weight: 190.4
    Current weight: 188.8

Hello team! After a very crap week dealing with a UTI and some tummy issues I’ve managed to come in with a loss. I hope this isn’t just due to my health problems but also because I made a little more effort this week with my eating habits. I started back on IF 16:8 on Tuesday after a weekend of over indulging and a huge spike on the scale. I put my foot down and said ok that’s it no more of this nonsense. I’ve stuck with IF and started logging everything in my diary. The good the bad and the ugly. I’ve stayed on top of my water intake and have been sticking to my 5K every morning this week. 7/7 days of workouts for this week. I hope I can keep this up. The weekend is here and it’s when I struggle the most. I need to really make a little more effort when it comes to food choices. I do very good with my meals but the snacking has gotten out of control again. I need to go back to my better snacking habits I had before the lockdown. I’m getting there. Fingers crossed this downward trend continues ❤️

Congrats on the loss. Maybe you could "reserve" your snack at the beginning of the day. I log 5 Ritz crackers and peanut butter as a snack when I input my breakfast. That reserves about 175 calories in the snack category. That night if I have something different, I delete what's logged and add in what I actually choose for my snack. Just knowing I've got those calories "reserved" helps me keep my snack choice inline with what's on reserve.

Question -- what does IF stand for?

Thank you for the tips. I have a good way of dealing with snacks that works very well for me a few months ago but I’ve gone off the rails since the quarantine started.

IF stands for Intermittent Fasting. I fast for 16 hours and only eat during an 8 hour period. I eat between 12pm and 8 pm having lunch at 12, snack at 4, then last meal at 7:30. I’m done eating by 8 and start the fast again. There are many ways to do IF but this one is the one that works best for me.
  • cesse47
    Options
    @mari_moulin Thanks for the explanation. Glad it works for you. Have a great day. :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day

SW 308.6
    LW 300.2
    CW 296.4

diff = 3.8 :)

Total Lost to date -- 12.2

You are doing amazing!
  • cesse47
    Options
    What's for dinner? I need some new ideas for dinners, so what are your favorites right now that don't require a lot of odd ingredients that may not be in the quarantine cupboards?

!
    Congrats on your loss this week!! Sweet!

I was getting very bored with my meal prep a couple of days ago. So, I Googled meal planning and found a site that has some promising recipes. It's called Skinnytaste.com and I found several recipes that I'm going to try this coming week. Just got my grocery order delivered yesterday and everything was there so I'm set to go. Three recipes I'm going to try are ----

Cheddar Corn Chowder with Bacon
    Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche - I think I'll do mine with 1/2 broccoli and 1/2 cauliflower + a bit of bacon
    Tzatziki Fish Tacos -- I like my tzatziki sauce better so will make my own recipe
    From my recipes -- Asparagus & Yellow Pepper Frittata

Most recipes seem scaled to 4 servings. I usually cut in half or make one serving only if I can.
    Check out the website ... their meal planning section looks interesting since it gives you a shopping list and shows how one dish can also be used the next day, etc.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

My mindset is continuing to improve, thankfully. I'm down weight-wise again this morning, and I also hope I can continue the better control I've had with my eating habits. I'm babysitting my granddaughter today, so I hope to get in a good walk with her in her stroller when the temps warm a bit.

Goals for today:
    1. Sew another mask. I think we will be wearing them for a while, and I hate to have to wash them every day.
    2. Log all food and stay under calories
    3. Drink at least 64 ounces of water and allow a calorie free drink or two in addition
    4. Walk at least 2 miles at some point (combination of stroller and alone time walk this evening maybe). 3 miles would be preferable!
    5. Look for exercises I can do with her??? Maybe some ab stuff? She weighs about 15 lbs right now. Hmmm. That thought just came to me!

I am a pretty dull cook. Though I do find inspiration on Pinterest. I tend to rotate the same things over and over again. My hubby is a meat and potatoes kinda guy. This week on the menu is a roast chicken, salmon, garlic marinated pork tenderloin, shake and bake skinless boneless chicken thighs. The garlic marinated pork tenderloin is a new recipe I found on Pinterest. I am hoping it turns out. One recipe I made last week that is good is sweet and sour chicken. It goes in the slow cooker and cooks all day. Another Pinterest recipe. It is one of my favourites.

Sweet and Sour Chicken
    Skinless, boneless chicken thighs cubed (6 thighs)
    Pineapple pieces with juice
    Onion
    Carrot
    Red pepper
    Ginger
    3tbs brown sugar
    4 tbs ketchup
    2tbs lite soya sauce
    1/4 cup apple cider vinegar

Put all ingredients in slow cooker. Mix together until combined. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Add cornstarch in last 15 minutes of cooking.
  • UTMom81
    Options

Sweet and Sour Chicken
    Skinless, boneless chicken thighs cubed (6 thighs)
    Pineapple pieces with juice
    Onion
    Carrot
    Red pepper
    Ginger
    3tbs brown sugar
    4 tbs ketchup
    2tbs lite soya sauce
    1/4 cup apple cider vinegar

Put all ingredients in slow cooker. Mix together until combined. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Add cornstarch in last 15 minutes of cooking.

This sounds delicious!! Thanks!
  • UTMom81
    Options

!

I was getting very bored with my meal prep a couple of days ago. So, I Googled meal planning and found a site that has some promising recipes. It's called Skinnytaste.com and I found several recipes that I'm going to try this coming week. Just got my grocery order delivered yesterday and everything was there so I'm set to go. Three recipes I'm going to try are ----

Crustless Broccoli Cheddar Quiche - I think I'll do mine with 1/2 broccoli and 1/2 cauliflower + a bit of bacon
    Tzatziki Fish Tacos -- I like my tzatziki sauce better so will make my own recipe

Most recipes seem scaled to 4 servings. I usually cut in half or make one serving only if I can.
    Check out the website ... their meal planning section looks interesting since it gives you a shopping list and shows how one dish can also be used the next day, etc.

I love Sinnytaste! I need to get back in there and dig around again. I think I have made and enjoyed the Cheddar Corn Chowder with Bacon. But anything is better with bacon! LOL Their Shrimp Quesadilla is really good. I also like the Grilled Chicken with Black Bean Mango Salsa. The Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken is one of my hubby's favorites. It's great served over rice or with baked tortilla chips or even in lettuce wraps. I need to go back and make some of these again now that I'm back in the saddle! Thanks for the reminder!
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Goals for today:
    1. Sew another mask. I think we will be wearing them for a while, and I hate to have to wash them every day. ✅
    2. Log all food and stay under calories ✅
    3. Drink at least 64 ounces of water and allow a calorie free drink or two in addition✅
    4. Walk at least 2 miles at some point (combination of stroller and alone time walk this evening maybe). 3 miles would be preferable!✅ Actually got in 3.2 miles total.
    5. Look for exercises I can do with her??? Maybe some ab stuff? She weighs about 15 lbs right now. Hmmm. That thought just came to me! ✅ I did google exercises to do with baby and found a bunch! I did about 15 minutes using several kinds I could do and thought she might enjoy. We had SO much fun!!

Calories: under
    Exercise: 3.2 mikes walking, 15 min floor exercises, over 12k steps
    Water: good!
  • Murphyi150
    Murphyi150 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Steps April 18. 6831.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    4/18 steps 2098
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,083 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 255
    C. W. 255
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Saturday check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: 81 minute walk
    Water: not enough

Steps 4/18 15,057

Well my Saturday eating was better than last Saturday but I still went over. Next Saturday will be better.
    I am taking a rest day with my walking. If there is a break in the rain I will go out to stretch my legs.

Today’s goals
    1. 8 cups of water
    2. Stay within calories
    3. Log accurately

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options

!

I love Sinnytaste! I need to get back in there and dig around again. I think I have made and enjoyed the Cheddar Corn Chowder with Bacon. But anything is better with bacon! LOL Their Shrimp Quesadilla is really good. I also like the Grilled Chicken with Black Bean Mango Salsa. The Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken is one of my hubby's favorites. It's great served over rice or with baked tortilla chips or even in lettuce wraps. I need to go back and make some of these again now that I'm back in the saddle! Thanks for the reminder!

I also absolutely love skinny taste and have one of her cookbooks as well.

Some of my favorite recipes are Stuffed Pepper Soup, Arroz con pollo, baked chicken parmigiana, baked chicken Cordon bleu, chicken curry with coconut milk, Salisbury steak with mushroom gravy, fiesta bean salad......I can go on and on. My favorite recipe website!

Her salad dressings are to die for as well.

I never cut her recipes lol, I double them as my boys are big eaters and we tend to save leftovers for when I’m on my own with the little one.
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    ra6qimh6cx9s.jpeg

Still waiting on April week 3 steps for:

@Lindamtuck2018 - Friday
    @ddk125 - Wednesday - Friday
    @Murphyi150 - Sunday - Wednesday (if you have them)
    @Kres567 - Tuesday - Friday
    @Kguin0323 - Sunday - Friday ( and all of last week. Not to late to add them in. Hope al is well. )

Plus Saturday for everyone once the day is done ❤️❤️❤️

Tuesday - 3701
    Wednesday - 1653
    Thursday - 12,915
    Friday - did not track
    Saturday - did not track
This discussion has been closed.