Beck diet solution

Options
brenn24179
brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
edited March 2020 in Social Groups
Dont know who told me about this book, Beck diet solution but I love it. Got it at the library and then went and bought it which is different for me. Teaches you how thin people think and gave me the suggestions to have a response card and reading it before I eat like Reminding me I dont want to be overweight or You will be sorry later, cant have it both ways. Anyway I lost the 7 lbs I gained this winter, yea! Baconslave, looked it up, it was you, thank you. Very helpful, put notes in my phone.

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    Dont know who told me about this book, Beck diet solution but I love it. Got it at the library and then went and bought it which is different for me. Teaches you how thin people think and gave me the suggestions to have a response card and reading it before I eat like Reminding me I dont want to be overweight or You will be sorry later, cant have it both ways. Anyway I lost the 7 lbs I gained this winter, yea! Baconslave, looked it up, it was you, thank you. Very helpful, put notes in my phone.

Very glad to hear it resonated with you! :smiley:

This is 95% a mental game. Anyone can lose weight if they stay on-plan long enough. But how do you stay on-plan? And how do you figure out how to live the rest of your life once you hit goal and keep the weight off? Most of it is with work in/on your own mind. The book isn't the end-all/be-all, but it's a great jumping off place, getting you started really scrutinizing and dealing with the issues that are still there even though weight isn't. Or even if you haven't managed to lose anything yet, b/c you can't figure out how to stay on any plan, the book can help you get to the mindset you need to sustain your WOE. Our brains be trippin'. That's why we're here. We need to troubleshoot ourselves and figure out tricks, habits, and dialogues with ourselves to stack the deck in our favor.
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    @brenn24179 : Congratulations on your winter loss. I will look for that book in the library as well.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    That's a great book! Maybe I should finish it... 🤔 I tried Noom last year, and the psychology bits of Noom (which comprises the majority of their content and sets it apart from other programs) are almost identical to what Judith Beck says in her book. Cognitive psychology is pretty simple, too, once you get the hang of it, but it takes ongoing practice. Even Aaron Beck (her father and the founder of cognitive therapy as we know it today) recommended periodic "booster sessions" after the course of therapy was complete, if my memory serves me. I'm happy to see others find the Beck Diet Solution book helpful!
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    That's a great book! Maybe I should finish it... 🤔 I tried Noom last year, and the psychology bits of Noom (which comprises the majority of their content and sets it apart from other programs) are almost identical to what Judith Beck says in her book. Cognitive psychology is pretty simple, too, once you get the hang of it, but it takes ongoing practice. Even Aaron Beck (her father and the founder of cognitive therapy as we know it today) recommended periodic "booster sessions" after the course of therapy was complete, if my memory serves me. I'm happy to see others find the Beck Diet Solution book helpful!

I did a Noom course last year as well!!! 😃 nice time have a fellow noomer. The food plan didn’t work for me with my allergies and restrictions but the psychology aspect worked wonders! I really enjoyed the community aspect as well, that’s how I ended up back on my fitness pal. I’m gonna research the beck diet solution book you all are referring to. 👍🏻
  • SFJULES66
    SFJULES66 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm reading her book and found this thread when I searched for information about finding a diet coach.
    If anyone has a suggestion about where to find one I'd be grateful. Thanks
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    SFJULES66 wrote: »
    I'm reading her book and found this thread when I searched for information about finding a diet coach.
    If anyone has a suggestion about where to find one I'd be grateful. Thanks

A friend of mine is a keto coach if you’re interested I can get you her info. She took the certification program that Maria and Craig Emmerich teach.