Stay at home order. How are you doing with your plan?

Options
fit_chickx
fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
How everyone is doing?

My gym closed and I've been stress eating for a month. I'm back on track logging and exercising. Feeling better about things.

Anyone else off track?

Replies

• ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Off track big time. Came back here after being gone for more than a year. Had excess skin removal surgery with major complications in May of 2019. Since that time gained 33 of the 280 pounds I had lost. This quarantine is not helping the situation. I have got to get back on track and start heading back down. MFP says 1200 is what I should be eating. If I eliminate the carbs and junk food I know I can do it. Being wheelchair bound exercise is minimal. How are you doing?
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Off track big time. Came back here after being gone for more than a year. Had excess skin removal surgery with major complications in May of 2019. Since that time gained 33 of the 280 pounds I had lost. This quarantine is not helping the situation. I have got to get back on track and start heading back down. MFP says 1200 is what I should be eating. If I eliminate the carbs and junk food I know I can do it. Being wheelchair bound exercise is minimal. How are you doing?

Sorry to hear about your complications.

I'm back on bariatric real food plan. It took me a little more than a week to detox of extra carbs/sugar. If its not in my house I wont eat it (laughing) I'm active. I keep my protein around 70 to 100 my carbs around 50 to 60.

As of today I'm on track. Stress of the pandemic has been hard. (stress emotional eater) I don't like the unknown. (I'm a planner and control freak) ....At least I can control my food and activity.

Hope all is well.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    I've been on lockdown with two disabled kiddos for 8 weeks now
    My government has my family on the sheilding list, currently they say with have to stay in the house until June 30th at the earliest

I did go off the rails for a month as I kept getting calls from my daughters medical team to remind me she will most likely die if she catches covid, I couldn't cope and ate my emotions

I've asked them to stop phoning me, that I will call them if we need help

I'm now exercising twice a day and logging my calories, I've gotten the stress gain back off and can work on getting a stone off by end of june
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I have been gone for a while, but my husband decided he needs to lose weight. While he isn’t looking at WLS he did ask the doc for phentermine which I was on pre-op. I asked my doc to put me on it too and we ordered a bunch of Bariatric products I used pre-op and immediately post op.

I regained about 40 of the 88 lbs I lost. The last 12 mos or so have been brutally bad. Last March my daughter had an emergency appendectomy. In June, on my bday no less she got diagnosed with a rare eating disorder called ARFID and she had to go to residential treatment. In July I tore my meniscus. In August she and I moved back to NY temporarily. She went to residential treatment and I moved to my in-laws basement apartment. I worked out of my NYC office or out of the Starbucks or pizzeria by the treatment facility. We came back home in October and I had knee surgery in February and then COVID struck.

My new role (since September) has been work at home but COVID has me up and down the stairs all day to check on my daughter, trying to get her to eat something. I also am trying to get her to
    Do her schoolwork and play the role of teacher too. Every time I go to the pantry to get her something to eat I tend to grab something myself.

I went back to my WW meetings but now they are virtual. I decided the other day that I am going to log on to MFP more and use my pre-op diet and tactics to help get me back on track. Not gonna lie but I asked my doc to put me on phentermine to help with the hunger.

I think that this is a hard time for all of us, so we need to forgive ourselves and move forward. We will all get back on track!