9 Day Challenge to Close Out April

MsAdventure19
MsAdventure19 Posts: 104 Member
There's nine days left in April and my goal is to be active for at least one hour each day and to log each day. A bike ride, a hike, or a walk around the neighborhood. (These are the only options under Stay At Home conditions - I'm lucky to be in a more rural are where these things are still options).

I work remotely these days and have to start quite early because of time zone differences (I generally work 6am-ish to 3pm-ish, so my goal is to get in exercise after work and before dinner. I think logging each day will actually be the harder part of this challenge - usually I am good at that, but I just finished my period and felt like I needed to eat everything in sight and I fell off the wagon a bit with logging accurately. BUT - I'm gonna be patient with myself and try and makei ti happen - just for 9 days. (to start with).

Anyone else in for a 9 day streak of activity and logging? What's you activity of choice? Where and for how long? Any obstacles you're anticipating?

Replies

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,251 Member
    I'm in! I'm walking and doing 30 days of yoga with Adrienne. My only obstacle is myself lol
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,577 Member
    My choice is walking. But I'm limited now because of my broken foot. I've been doing small walks with my dog in yard. Plus stretching. Sometimes arms and abs.
  • MsAdventure19
    Alright - I got in a little 20 minute social distance walk with a friend at lunch and then a 65 minute bike ride this evening. All I need to do is eat and log my dinner and I’ll have day 1 in the bag.

I’ve heard good things about Adrienne yoga - I’ll have to check it out.
  • tmbg1
    Today I did day 18 with Adrienne and walked about 3 miles. Now if I can control my eating, it will be a good day!
  • stella7x7
    Today I took 4 mini walks of 5 to 10 min. long. I also cleaned my kitchen.
  • MsAdventure19
    Yesterday I wound up with a 30 minute bike ride before my back tire popped, which was a bummer, but then it was an hour to walk back home, so I did still meet my activity goal 😆🤦🏽.

Today’s will be more challenging because it’s supposed to rain all day and I am not a good indoor exerciser...
  • tmbg1
    My family wants to have a "quarantinesgiving" dinner this week! An actual Thanksgiving dinner in April so that day will be hard to stay on track.
  • MsAdventure19
    Yeah that’s sounds delicious and challenging at the same time. Maybe plan for some exercise in the morning and try to avoid seconds? But also enjoy!
  • MsAdventure19
    Yesterday I wound up with a 30 minute bike ride before my back tire popped, which was a bummer, but then it was an hour to walk back home, so I did still meet my activity goal 😆🤦🏽.

Today’s will be more challenging because it’s supposed to rain all day and I am not a good indoor exerciser...

So Thursday was rainy and terrible and busy - so I did not meet my daily exercise goal. However, yesterday was absolutely beautiful and my friend and I were able to go on a beautiful (socially distanced) hike that was about 2.5-3 hours, so I feel ok about it. I also fixed my bike tire, so I think I’ll do a ride this afternoon.

Logging meals has been going much better that earlier in the month. I logged everything, even when what I had to log wasn’t perfect.
  • stella7x7
    I've been doing stretching and small walks this past week for my exercises.
  • tmbg1
    Today I did 2 walks and a yoga video. We got takeout seafood for lunch and I ordered grilled instead of fried..and collards instead of French fries! Feels like victory!
  • stella7x7
    Walked,squats,arms
  • tmbg1
    Went a little over today but got 2 good workouts in...hoping for the best.
  • MsAdventure19
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    Went a little over today but got 2 good workouts in...hoping for the best.

Agree - sometimes it’s easy to spiral and feel like because you didn’t meet the mark with meals then why bother to try to meet other goals around exercise or hydration. I’ve been trying to really focus on getting as many things right as i can and not letting a small set back pull me way off track.
  • MsAdventure19
    Alright - tomorrow is the last day of April! I did big hikes Saturday and Sunday then some bike rides Mon - wed. I have a walking date with a friend tomorrow (we’ll keep a respectable distance between us). I will have met my goal of an hour of physical activity a day for 8 out of 9 days. Not perfect, but pretty respectable!