Mighty (not munchy) May - accountability thread

Options
jacau
jacau Posts: 139 Member
So! A period of digital social distancing needs to come to an end. Too much side effect that started accumulating at my sides over the last few months, and I will not tolerate any further Corona-belly situation.

Here it goes, for those unfamiliar with the idea:

State what your goal is for the month and keep track. Daily, weekly, whatever rocks your boat.

Share your triumphs and setbacks and give/get some support in this great community.

Enjoy the ride and stay safe. <3:)

As far as my goals are concerned:
Mantra: I’m not a potato.
Goal #1: Be gentle towards myself and get my head back into the game.
Goal #2: Log more regularly including weekends.
Goal #3: Go running at least twice a week. Plus, train for pole at least twice a week.
Goal #4: Eat less sweet stuff (Chocolate not more than 4 days per week instead of every day).

169 cm / 5’5”, 37 y 
HW: 76.1 kg / 168 lbs (26/Aug/19) 
GW May: 71.5 kg / 157.6 lbs
Overall GW: 57.5 kg / 127 lbs 
Monthly avg –> Sep: 73.6 kg / Oct: 73.0 kg / Nov: 72.5 kg / Dec: 71.6 kg / Jan: 71.7 kg / Feb: 72.3 kg / Mar: 72.5 kg / Apr: 72.8 kg

Replies

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    YAY! Thx for starting the May thread @jacau!!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,811 Member
    Options
    Well I am literally down to 1 eyelash...... this cannot continue as my eyes look like tiny dots. And If I have to wear a mask at work full time I want to have magnificent eyes right? B)

I still have 2 days to figure out my May goals. I screwed up April pretty good so need to come up with something I can possibly be successful at. Thanks for starting this.

• jacau
    Options
    @weatherking2019 As you suggested, this should help with staying connected.

@SummerSkier For me it was not only April, lol.... My strategy this month is to build on what I have left of my good habits and enforce them a little, and for the rest mentally ease into it all again and not pull back because of just drifting along with life instead of staying mindful and actively guide the course of actions. The rest will follow. If I hit my goal weight that would be brilliant. If not, at least I want to reduce the grip that sugar and out-of-control overeating has on me currently. That's where the mantra helps. I just don't want to continue being this mindlessly munching potato anymore :)
  • jacau
    Options
    Mantra: I’m not a potato.
    Goal #1: Loose what I regained since February. (This will take longer than just a month. Better to get started on it.)
    Goal #2: Log more regularly including weekends.
    Goal #3: Go running at least twice a week. Plus, train for pole at least twice a week.
    Goal #4: Eat less sweet stuff (Chocolate not more than 4 days per week instead of every day).
    GW May: 71.5 kg / 157.6 lbs

bfkeon7bqe7b.png
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    47, 5’2”
    CW:110.0
    GW: 107
    CBF: 19.9 %
    Goal BF%: 19%

Goal #1: Eat light dinner
    Goal #2: Lunch run 5x week
    Goal #3: Burst mini workouts 5x day
    Goal #4: Don't Stress!!
    ** take self progress pics.

09/30 109.6, 19.6%
    10/30 108, 19.1%
    11/27 108.4, 19.4%
    12/31 112, 20.6%
    01/31 110.2, 20.1%
    02/28 107.6, 18.9%
    03/30 110 19%
    04/30 110, 19.9%

I am happy where I am at in life.
    But I get stressed easily with this situation where I can't get away from home/work/kids/fiancee and his kid...
    So for May, I will put myself on the priority list and I am going to take care of ME!!
    5udk7v8cbclv.jpg

@weatherking2019 - you're an inspiration!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    @weatherking2019 - please tell me you had a lower ab pooch and lost it! And how?! 😀. Marvelous!
  • RobinAlex666
    RobinAlex666 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'8"
    Jan SW: 164.5
    Feb SW: 161.5
    Mar SW: 157.5
    Apr SW: 157.5
    May SW: 156
    May GW: 154.5

5/3: 156
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    2019: HW 78 - LW 69
    CW: 71.9
    Maintenance weight: 69.5
    May GW: get back to 70

1. Get my snacking under control. I'm good with my three meals, but it is the inbetween and evening snacks that undo everything
    2. My May goal is exactly the same as the April goal, I'll keep on reporting here on a daily basis until I get to 70 again.
    3. Hopefully, we will get back to diving again somewhere this month, which burns calories like crazy :smiley:

01/05: 70.7
    02/05: 70.7
    03/05: 70.7
    04/05: 71.9 - we had spaghetti bolo last night

• l4a_p
    l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    ME:
    30y * 5'9" * Weight goal: 63kg (138,89lbs)

MAY GOALS
    1. Get back into some workout routine
    2. New focus on glute workout
    3. Do better on IF again (fix coffee in the morning)
    4. Make more "binge-volume-eating"-safe food

MEASUREMENTS
    I don't dare to. I really don't. But okay, I went and just did it, here they ar compared to my lowest weight at the end of last year (sigh):
    Waist: 76cm (<> 74cm)
    Belly: 92cm (<> 90cm)
    Thigh: 59cm (<> 56cm)
    Hips: 100cm (<> 98cm)

So overall, a gain of 2cm (.8") everywhere. I can see it, I can feel it. I hate it.

WEIGHT - 7 day averages
    04 May: 69.1kg

Boy, did I fall of the wagon... I gained 3kg over 5 months (and a good deal of that during lockdown), which means I'm back where I was last year around this time. All that work.... gone. I find it very difficult to get back into a good mental state; it feels like an insurmountable task to re-lose this weight. But that's that, the fact that I'm posting again hopefully means I popped a switched in my head (a very heartfelt thank you to those who mailed me to pull me back from the abyss ;))
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    35yo, 166 cm
    Maintenance weight range= 52-54 kg
    CW= 53.5 (as of 5/3/20)
    I think my BF% is around 22 but there’s no way to really get an accurate number with my scale...

Goals for May: [week 4/26-5/3]
    - Follow through the workout plan ✅
    - Decrease sugar intake ❌🙈
    - Increase protein especially during breakfast ✅
    - Devote time in stretch/yoga sessions ❌ (nope... I still couldn’t last for more than 10 minutes...)

Extra non-scale victories:
    - Got my 09/2019 waist measurement (around 26.75”)
    - Butt measurement didn’t change (I think I’m not flat but it’s just hard to gain. I’m happy it’s not becoming smaller with my waist. There’s usually a 10” difference)

I was actually heading towards a better direction in September last year when my baby turned 1, and then I stopped recording progress because it’s just too much extra food to eat from October through December lol. Plus work schedule and a long trip visiting my parents in the next few months... :|
    Anyway... I’m gonna use progress from last year as my baseline from now on.

k2wgrczwz4xd.jpeg