Can I work out 7 Times a week ?

Options
roslyn3028
roslyn3028 Posts: 1 Member
I weight 202 right now my highest is 245 I want to get to 170 please help I am doing cardio 7 days a week ! Is that ok ?

Replies

• facet1011
    facet1011 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That’s not healthy. Our bodies need rest. Overtraining is a big sources of injuries and if you get injure you can’t exercise at all! So definitely take rest days
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Hey there!

My answer comes from spending more than 15 years as what I termed an "exercise junkie." I did cardio and/or weights and other exercise every day of the week for 1-3 hours. After about 15 years of doing this I had to be treated for adrenal fatigue and a variety of other health issues -- my body was depleted of so many things.

The answer to your question would require more information. What kind of cardio are you doing? Some people can walk everyday and that is great for them; some ride their bike everyday to work or instead of driving. Do you do any strength or yoga? Do you have a diet that supports a high activity level? Do you have any health problems or concerns?

Many people find that cardio everyday is not sustainable for them -- at least the kind that you would label as a workout, rather than daily normal movement from common activities (like chasing your kids around, walking up the stairs at work). They may be able to sustain it for a year or so, but soon the body signals that it is being depleted if it isnt cared for properly.

I think that your question depends on a lot of factors.

What is the motivation for doing cardio everyday? What do you think that this approach will do for you?
  • mermaidnj
    mermaidnj Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    ladyzherra wrote: »
    Hey there!

My answer comes from spending more than 15 years as what I termed an "exercise junkie." I did cardio and/or weights and other exercise every day of the week for 1-3 hours. After about 15 years of doing this I had to be treated for adrenal fatigue and a variety of other health issues -- my body was depleted of so many things.

The answer to your question would require more information. What kind of cardio are you doing? Some people can walk everyday and that is great for them; some ride their bike everyday to work or instead of driving. Do you do any strength or yoga? Do you have a diet that supports a high activity level? Do you have any health problems or concerns?

Many people find that cardio everyday is not sustainable for them -- at least the kind that you would label as a workout, rather than daily normal movement from common activities (like chasing your kids around, walking up the stairs at work). They may be able to sustain it for a year or so, but soon the body signals that it is being depleted if it isnt cared for properly.

I think that your question depends on a lot of factors.

What is the motivation for doing cardio everyday? What do you think that this approach will do for you?

what Lady Z said! wish I had known to take more care and not ignored the early signals...
  • Back_4_more
    Back_4_more Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You don't need to workout to lose weight
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    I have exercise intolerance, and what has worked for me (Pre-COVID, and I'll go back to it) is gym every day and doing low rep low weight weight work and about ten minutes of either bike or walking at a gentle pace. I stop when I start to feel a little weight, not even warmth or soreness, in the muscle group, and don't work up a sweat. THAT I can do every day of the week, and did, and saw definite strength gains and a lot of body recomping. But I was very deconditioned, and so this is more of a reconditioning program than anything directly about burning calories.

Weight loss is a long journey, and there's no quick fix. Once I get to where I feel that my body needs more than that light work daily, I'll start doing upper body days and core days and leg days like most people. But for now, this is working to overcome the deconditioning.