TEAM: Gutbusters (May)

Options

Replies

• Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    glouis4 wrote: »
    Mid-May Check-in

With my state reopening next week, and things falling into order again, I am spending the day planning for life picking back up so fitness/health/self-care doesn’t take a backseat to daily responsibilities.

I’ve incorporated listening to fitness-related podcasts and meditation into my routine, and I think it might be helpful to others; just a suggestion if you are looking for something different :)

With two more weigh-ins left in the month, I want to make some leaps forward for myself and our group

I could use something like this...get out of my own head. We are not in a re-opening phase (I live in Chicago and we saw a huge spike in deaths this week) so I am in a bit of a funk (even though I know staying home is saving lives!!!) so this may help.
    Thanks!
  • squirrelsquad
    squirrelsquad Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    glouis4 wrote: »
    Mid-May Check-in

With my state reopening next week, and things falling into order again, I am spending the day planning for life picking back up so fitness/health/self-care doesn’t take a backseat to daily responsibilities.

I’ve incorporated listening to fitness-related podcasts and meditation into my routine, and I think it might be helpful to others; just a suggestion if you are looking for something different :)

With two more weigh-ins left in the month, I want to make some leaps forward for myself and our group

I could use something like this...get out of my own head. We are not in a re-opening phase (I live in Chicago and we saw a huge spike in deaths this week) so I am in a bit of a funk (even though I know staying home is saving lives!!!) so this may help.
    Thanks!

Chicago here as well. Sending support, it's definitely been hard keeping motivated looking at the world around us right now.
  • lacatgirl
    lacatgirl Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I am going to make my WI day on wednesday - hope that is ok!
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    COLLEEN790
    May Week 2
    PW. 171.0
    CW 173.7
    It was my birthday last weekend so I ate whatever. It was a milestone birthday. But I became quite sick and in pain earlier this week and had to go to hospital. Had ECG, scans, X-ray, bloods. All pretty good. Thankfully I am a lot better now but have to go easy on my stomach with what I eat and drink. I did go for a long walk on Wednesday and hope to start walking more often.
  • GerritBR
    GerritBR Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Today is my day 30 back on track. I am going to start walking starting today. I have not added any exercise yet. I looked at the c25k but am not ready to run yet...I think if I build up stamina and drop some more lbs. for the next 30 days I may be able to start it.

Hope everyone's week is going well.
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    @keepingtrack78 and @squirrelsquad I am not too far from you, up in Green Bay. It is SO cold here! Hard to keep that motivation
  • swauters
    swauters Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    swauters
    Friday weigh in wk ?
    Pw: I can never remember what 210.2?
    Cw: 209
  • squirrelsquad
    squirrelsquad Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    swauters wrote: »
    @keepingtrack78 and @squirrelsquad I am not too far from you, up in Green Bay. It is SO cold here! Hard to keep that motivation

I KNOW! "Feels like 29" in MAY. It makes it so hard to want to do anything but eat and stay in bed under my heated blanket.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    swauters wrote: »

I KNOW! "Feels like 29" in MAY. It makes it so hard to want to do anything but eat and stay in bed under my heated blanket.

Yah, this is some bullsh*t!
  • flourchild225
    flourchild225 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    @flourchild225
    May Week 2
    PW: 133.4
    CW: 133.4

Broke even! I'll take it.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Something I read today that really helped me.....

Tips for dealing with discouraging thoughts,

If you're thinking, "Ugh, I fell off the wagon by eating poorly this month," try, "What are some things I learned about myself this month?"

It’s easy to feel down after a stretch of less-than-optimal eating. But scolding your past self for that potato chip situation probably won’t help you much going forward. Instead, treat the setback as a chance to review and gather intel: What are some factors that may have caused your eating to go off track? Was it stress from nonstop news consumption? Too little structure in your days? Too much structure—e.g., did you snap after eating the same boring lunch salad three days in a row?

Whatever learnings you uncover, skip the self-blame and use your insights to make healthy eating easier for “future you.” Focusing on a desired future state may help increase motivation and commitment to a goal, according to a 2017 research review in Consulting Psychology Journal: Practice and Research. Some takeaway practices might include capping your news exposure, pre-tracking your afternoon snacks, and definitely leveling up your salad game.
  • lacatgirl
    Options
    Something I read today that really helped me.....

Tips for dealing with discouraging thoughts,

If you're thinking, "Ugh, I fell off the wagon by eating poorly this month," try, "What are some things I learned about myself this month?"

It’s easy to feel down after a stretch of less-than-optimal eating. But scolding your past self for that potato chip situation probably won’t help you much going forward. Instead, treat the setback as a chance to review and gather intel: What are some factors that may have caused your eating to go off track? Was it stress from nonstop news consumption? Too little structure in your days? Too much structure—e.g., did you snap after eating the same boring lunch salad three days in a row?

Whatever learnings you uncover, skip the self-blame and use your insights to make healthy eating easier for “future you.” Focusing on a desired future state may help increase motivation and commitment to a goal, according to a 2017 research review in Consulting Psychology Journal: Practice and Research. Some takeaway practices might include capping your news exposure, pre-tracking your afternoon snacks, and definitely leveling up your salad game.

Thanks, very encouraging words!
  • lacatgirl
    Options
    Wow, I just added up my calories for the day for the first time in a while! 512 calories over! No wonder I am gaining. I need to get rid of some really bad habits, like snacks in the afternoon. But, at least I journaled and that is a step in the right direction.
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Exercised? Yes. Housework and shopping. Fit bit has about 8,500 steps so far
    Calories? Yes. In budget
    Tracked? Yes
    Went walking yesterday with my husband, through a walking trail near our house. Feels good to be well again.
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Options
    Happy Saturday!
    May week 2 weigh in's from:
    @looneycatblue
    @Matthewsfive
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Matthewsfive
    May Saturday Week 1