Remembering the good old days

Options
Philtex
Philtex Posts: 912 Member
I have not lost weight in three days. I think I've hit a plateau. Should I increase my points? I think my body is in starvation mode.

;)

Replies

• Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,990 Member
    Options
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!
    Drink an extra gallon of water.
  • Philtex
    Options
    Hi Al. Maybe it is because a pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,508 Member
    Options
    It's probably due to sodium.
  • Philtex
    Options
    Nice to see familiar faces. I need to check in here more often. I'm back in weight loss mode, having lost half of the 20 pounds I added last year. I'm using my version of Points Plus.
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,899 Member
    Options
    I think its because I had too many carrots!
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    You are at your Set Point, your weight is fixed at that weight even if you you lose you will gain back to the Set Point.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,476 Member
    Options
    Have you tried intermittent fasting? I fast everyday from about 8 until noon and noon to 6ish. Except for snacks of course. Then about 10pm I close the kitchen.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,551 Member
    Options
    This made me laugh out loud
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    Oh and I ate way too much kale and brussels sprouts. I do remember thinking that my body would rebel so much (set-point?) at about 175-178 lb that it wouldn't lose more weight. On WW I sailed past my bias and woke up below 165 LB. Better not to overthink it too much and see what happens. Oh and I too love the ole time of day theory. My theory is that anything consumed or drank after 8pm doesn't count?? teehee.
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    My guess is the weight gain is not your fault. There's probably someone sabotaging your efforts.
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,899 Member
    Options
    yeah thats it! Someone else if forcing me to put bad things in my mouth!!!
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    cakeman21k wrote: »
    yeah thats it! Someone else if forcing me to put bad things in my mouth!!!

That’s right..,
    It’s because there is always a birthday, anniversary , holiday, party, Halloween, Christmas, Hanukkah etc..
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,238 Member
    Options
    I am going to start next Monday.
  • MASSRUNNER_FRANK
    MASSRUNNER_FRANK Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    It’s because you are transitioning from a man to a woman? You know having a set makes you drop weight like a hot skillet....😆😆
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,968 Member
    Options
    You folks are crackin me up. Frank where the heck have you been. Oh I know over at FB giving the fb all your wisdom. No just chiming in here. It is good to see we still can have fun around here. What was the subject of this thread anyway.😁😁
  • MASSRUNNER_FRANK
    MASSRUNNER_FRANK Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Derrick, in days BC (before Covid) I rarely had time to be online. And while I am now WFH, there’s no one looking over my shoulder. Thanks to Greg, I just rediscovered MFP and GoaD here. perhaps my wisdom will flow more all over this message board. Oh wait. TPis in short supply now..😆😆😆
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,990 Member
    Options
    Frank, glad you made the party.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,968 Member
    Options
    Seriously it's good to here from you @MASSRUNNER_FRANK . I do my best to check in everyday on Goad FB.
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, do not get in a jacuzzi with two obese women while eating a kilo of grapes.
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,966 Member
    Options
    countcurt wrote: »
    Whatever you do, do not get in a jacuzzi with two obese women while eating a kilo of grapes.

Preach it brother, preach it!