5/10 steps 5791
  • Murphyi150
    Murphyi150 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    May 10. 7927 steps.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Sounds like lots of us have a good plan and are on track! Keep it up guys! If you are struggling, or have struggled in the past, I’m really interested in hearing your details too. I know I’ve had major plateaus or weight gains myself, so I’m curious to know your tips for what to do when that happens.

For today I’m happy to report that I’ve already done my planks! I also did my 3 mile walk yesterday (1/5 for the week!). This morning at breakfast I have already had almost 1/2 of today’s calories, which I know will be a problem for me when it comes to dinner time and I start getting hungry 😬

Thanks for all of your support team!

Great job with your planks and your walk. Have you tried brushing your teeth right after dinner to keep from snacking afterwards?
    I know when I’m struggling to get back on track or to get through a plateau, I change things up in my routine. I heard once that you need or shock your body back into weight loss because it gets used to what you do every day. So I usually change up my workouts or change up my eating. I recently started running daily which changed from my gym workouts. Also I started doing IF which changes from my normal CICO diet. Once I get the loss back on track I slowly go back to the routine I prefer.

Saturday check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: 23 minute walk
    Water: not enough

Steps 5/9 9,240

I ended up turning yesterday into my rest day. My leg was really bothering me so I was unable to complete a long walk. I think the floors at Walmart aggravate my leg. I will get a longer walk in today.

I am really tired of going over my calories on the weekends. It is not worth it. I am already retaining water today and we are having Chinese takeout for Mother’s Day tonight.

On a positive note, I dropped off things for my granddaughters yesterday (from a distance) and they had some lovely gifts for me. I loved seeing them even if it is from 6 feet away.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 5km
    2. Strength training video
    3. Stay hydrated
    4. Stay within calories

I’m glad you decided on taking the rest day. It’s important to listen to your body especially when experiencing pain. You still got in a good amount of steps. I also struggle with weekends. This weekend in particular was bad due to Mother’s Day. It’s ok, we must forgive ourselves and just get back on track. I know you must be so happy to have been able to see your granddaughters.
    panda4153 wrote: »
    Happy Mother’s Day!! To all the moms on this board, I hope you get pampered today!!

Thanks! A little too pampered I think. Lots of yummy treats and now I’m almost 2 lbs up in 1 day!
    Hello all! I'm new here. My name is Michelle. I work for the United States Post Office. I have 1 furbaby and a husband. We live in beautiful green Oregon. My job is very physical but its not the fun physical activity I want to get back to. I'm here to improve not just my body but my mind. Thank you for being here.

I'm a little overwhelmed as I look through the challenges. Where do I start?

My goals this month are:
    1. Lose at least 8 lbs(more would be better, of course)
    2. Meditate more
    3. Take more time for myself.(I don't get much if that since I'm a postal carrier and I work 6 days a week.)
    4. Start running again.

welcome to the team Michelle. I hope you find it supportive and useful for your journey ❤️ you have some great goals to achieve this month! I can’t wait to watch you get them all!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    19shmoo69
    Week two
    Sunday
    P. W. 250
    C. W. 252
    5/9 steps 15926
    5/10 steps 5791
    Murphyi150 wrote: »
    May 10. 7927 steps.

I’ve got both your steps in! Keep up the great work! 🚶🏻 🚶🏻‍♀️
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Check-In: Sunday, May 10th

•Log all food: Fail ❌
    •Calories: Fail ❌
    •Exercise: 5K run ✔️
    •Water: 2L ✔️
    •Steps: 12,067 ✔️

Well team. I am up quite a bit this morning. I knew it was coming. Even tho it wasn’t Mother’s Day for us here in France we still kinda celebrated. The kids always like to make it special because they know I miss being with my family. I was able to video chat with my grandma and sister. My sis went to my moms grave so we can say happy Mother’s Day to our mom together. It’s always bitter sweet for me. Anyways lots of very bad treats were had yesterday and now I have to do damage control. It’s Monday which means it’s OMAD day. Good thing too because after yesterday’s food shenanigans my tummy is so sore. I hope I can get myself back on track by Wednesday 🤞🏻

I just got my 5K done. Will start homeschooling in a few minutes. And also have to do some cleaning today as our realtor is coming tomorrow to take pictures of our house. It’s finally going on the market.

May goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.
  • mari_moulin
    edited May 2020
    Options
    5c5zc3dmb5io.jpeg

MAY WEEK 1 STEP RESULTS
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 554,100 STEPS

TOP 3 STEPPERS

@mari_moulin - 100,290 steps
    @19shmoo69 - 97,510 steps
    @lindamtuck2018 - 80,490 steps

Also well done to ...

@destiny_sierra - 69,220 (need Friday)
    @Murphyi150 - 57,452
    @UTMom81 - 54,605 (need Fri and Sat)
    @piqueaboo - 52,702
    @missGYST - 41,831 (need Fri and Sat)

@888Angie888 - need your steps for the whole week

849ar4w8wugh.jpeg
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    New week!!

Sundays is my rest day so I always go a bit overboard, something to work on for the future - it's not really a solution.

Well done team, we did so good this past week!

My steps for yesterday, 10.05.2020: 8 462
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Well done Team Downsizers!!!! We won all around for week 1!!

07l1b5ocaznx.png
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    WINNERS WEEK 1

vb9e7ro2k1lm.png
    6m2gtvws3w3r.png
    swm7zrqjulkw.png
    p1m6tqphr0c6.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Downsizers 0.52%
    2nd Weight No More 0.43%
    3rd Shrinking Assets 0.34%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Downsizers 32.9 Lbs
    2nd Weight No More 22.2 Lbs
    3rd Shrinking Assets 18.5 Lbs

7x5vbfj16cpg.png
  • Murphyi150
    Murphyi150 Posts: 54 Member
    Options

Username: murphyi150
    Weigh in week: 2
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous weight: 159.6
    Current weight: 157.6
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Sunday check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 64 minute walk, 15 minute strength video
    Water: ✅

Steps: 5/10 11,916

I had a lovely Mother’s Day yesterday. I video chatted with my daughter and granddaughter in Scotland. My daughter brought my other granddaughters that live here in Ontario on the chat and it was so special to see all of them at the same time.

I did my 5km yesterday and I went at a fast pace for me. My knee or leg didn’t hurt so that is a good thing. I really enjoyed the strength video and I do feel it a little today.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk minimum 5km
    2. Cardio workout
    3. Tai chi
    4. 8 cups water minimum
    5. Log all food
    6. Stay within calorie goal
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Murphyi150 wrote: »
    Username: murphyi150
    Weigh in week: 2
    Previous weight: 159.6
    Current weight: 157.6

Nice job on the loss!
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Monday, May 11 --- check in

Today's To Do List --
    do chair yoga + 5 min walk, drink all water, be mindful of food choices; log everything
    No going outside today ... it's too cold
    Mop floors bathroom kitchen

Hope Y'all have a great day!! :)
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 glad you were able to get together with everyone to celebrate Mother's Day

@Murphyi150 Nice Loss!!

@Piqueaboo I hear you! I had a ME weekend, ordered from Olive Garden + a glass of wine. Wonderful! We all deserve a break now and then! Hang in there!

@mari_moulin this Mother's Day was a tough one for me as well since Mom passed in March. I managed to keep things just barely in check. This week will be better ... Hang in There!!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps-
    5/3: 14,439
    5/4: 21,483
    5/5: 17,458
    5/6: 16,315
    5/7: 11,481
    5/8: 14,140
    5/9: 15,591
    5/10: 10,966
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Goals for today:
    Log it all-the good, the bad, the ugly
    Meditate
    Minimum 15,000 steps
    20 minute interval workout
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Steps-
    5/3: 14,439
    5/4: 21,483
    5/5: 17,458
    5/6: 16,315
    5/7: 11,481
    5/8: 14,140
    5/9: 15,591
    5/10: 10,966

With your steps this week you came in top for most steps. If you could get your steps for the week in by Sunday we could make sure you are placed accurately in the weeks results post ❤️ well done and congratulations 🎊🎈🍾🎉
  • kyfrancik
    kyfrancik Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Steps
    5/3- 11,369
    5/4- 4,739
    5/5- 10,139
    5/6- 16,310
    5/7- 11,076
    5/8- 12,358
    5/9- 10,668
  • kyfrancik
    kyfrancik Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Week 2
    Username: kyfrancik
    Previous weight: 194.0
    Current Weight: 191.2

Goal for this week: Accumulate at least 10,000 steps. This should be a challenge because there is supposed to be near constant rain from Wednesday through Saturday.
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hello, Happy Monday Team!!

This last week has been a good one for me overall. I am feeling energized and motivated. I am going back to a tried and true strategy that has worked the best for me in the past when it comes to losing weight.

I have started to track my calories monthly again. What I do is look at each month and identify the days where i know I may be over on calories. These are day like birthdays, holidays and other special occasions. Then I pick a calorie goal for those days that is reasonable for the event. A big holiday if might be crazy high, think thanksgiving or Christmas, others might be like 400-500 over goal to account for a nice dessert or some extra wine, think Birthday celebrations. Then I figure out what that means I need my calorie goal the rest of the month to be to account for those days so that I can still lose 2 to 3 pounds for fhe month. Using this strategy is when I’ve seen the most success over the course of my journey, so I’m dusting it off and using it again. For May that means:

2050 calories per day normally
    3 special occasions- Mother’s Day, daughter’s birthday, and Memorial Dah BBQ.

I know that I am lucky to be very active so my TDEE is currently 2500 calories a day.

I’d love to hear about any other strategies you guys use to stay on track.
This discussion has been closed.