mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Friday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: 68 minutes
    Water:✅
    Home workout: 3/4

Steps 5/8 10,575

I came up a little short on my walk yesterday. I got 4.69 km. I just ran out of steam. I did nothing else all day. I think the increase in walking and the videos has been harder than I thought. Today I am going to walk and do the strength training video. Sunday I am going to rest.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 5km
    2. Strength workout
    3. Tai chi
    4. Stay within calorie goal
    5. Log all food accurately
    6. Drink 8 cups of water

You are doing such a good job keeping up with your workouts! You’ve really upped your game! Keep this up alongside your careful food logging and you will have amazing results! Proud of you Linda! 😊
    FormerlyFit48
    Last week 220.3
    Current 220.7
    I have an exercise room in my house...no excuse other than I need to schedule workout time. Have a great week everyone. So inspired by your progress xxxo

Just get your foot into that exercise room and beast it out. Don’t let any thoughts or excuses stop you. Once you get started you will want to continue and finish strong. Sometimes we have to give ourselves that little push.
    Saturday weigh in
    May starting weight (last week): 317
    May 9: 311.6

I’m learning (or relearning) some lessons about weight management. I have a tendency to eat extra at meal times or eat extra meals in the evening. But I’m also quite capable at eating lots of snacks. Anything to satisfy a craving! But this week I got on track so I’m planning to keep up with what I did this week: 3 minutes of planks every day, tracking food every day, drinking lots of water (2 qt if possible). I also want to add some cardio to my routine, but it’s kind of difficult to do given the lockdowns and my family situation. So... my plan is to try and get 3 miles of walking in during the day, but if I don’t then I’ll go for a walk by myself in the evening to get the 3 miles. And I’ll plan for 5 days a week to start with. Ok now I’m committed! Help me stay accountable!

You are doing so well with the weight loss! We all have those difficult and tempting days but as long as you are consistent with your new life style you will continue to see positive changes. Small mishaps will happen. Don’t sweat them and just move forward. Keep it up with the planks and good luck with the walking! You are gonna have another amazing week! Like Linda said, keep checking in with us daily so we can continue to encourage you to the best of our ability.
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Weigh In Day -- Saturday, May 9, 2020

SW - 308.6
    LW - 294.4
    CW - 288.9

diff = -5.5 :)

Total Loss to date -- 19.7

WOWWWW!! You are also killing it with the weight loss! Whatever you are doing it’s working! Keep at it! I’m loving watching your journey! 💪🏻

Weigh Day Thursday:
    PW: 248.6
    CW: 253.0

Thank goodness-back to a normal work schedule next week. Now if only the virus would disappear and I could get back to the gym.

Sometimes we need our routine to stay on top of our weight loss. I am the same. When things are out of whack for me I struggle so much. Back on your schedule now and back to kicking butt! You are gonna have a great week! 💪🏻
    Friday May 8th Check in
    Steps: 11,391
    Water: 2.5L
    Exercise: Good
    Calories: over by 1

Yesterday was an inside day as it was snowing and kind of depressing as is the weather today. The scale number remained the same as yesterday which I was very surprised with as I had a very high sodium day.

Today's goals
    - Bundle up and go out for at least a short walk
    - Continue getting 2.5L+ of Water
    - Do some type of exercise video

Good luck with today’s goals! Keep up with that water as the sodium can be sneaky and hit you a couple of days after you eat it. I hope you can get yourself outdoors for some fresh snowy air.

Murphyi150 wrote: »
    May 8. 9481 steps.

Gotcha!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    9tzqy8kg4cx2.png

❤️❤️Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms on our Team! Hope your families spoil you rotten ❤️❤️
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Check-In: Saturday, May 9th

•Log all food: Done ✔️
    •Calories: Under ✔️
    •Exercise: 5K run ✔️
    •Water: 2L ✔️
    •Steps: 14,016 ✔️

Happy Sunday Team! Hope you are all having a lovely weekend! Happy Mother’s Day to those celebrating. We won’t have ours until June 7th here in France so we have to wait a little longer to get spoiled.

The scale is still creeping down today. I’m very happy to finally see some progress with my weight loss. Today I ran another 5k. I never thought I would be one of those people outside running everyday. I absolutely love it and hate that I missed out on it for so many years.

May goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    May 9th - I walked 8 764 steps 🚀

Weigh-in:
    Username: Piqueaboo
    Weigh-in week: 2
    Weigh-in day: Sunday
    May Start Weight: 195.6
    Previous weight: 191.2
    Current weight: 193.4

May Loss: -2.2

Total Loss to date: -55.6lbs

You have been doing so well keeping up
    With your steps! Absolutely amazing progress so far this month!💪🏻 keep up the great work!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    May 9th - I walked 8 764 steps 🚀

Weigh-in:
    Username: Piqueaboo
    Weigh-in week: 2
    Weigh-in day: Sunday
    May Start Weight: 195.6
    Previous weight: 191.2
    Current weight: 193.4

May Loss: -2.2

Total Loss to date: -55.6lbs

That’s an impressive loss to date.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Check-In: Saturday, May 9th

•Log all food: Done ✔️
    •Calories: Under ✔️
    •Exercise: 5K run ✔️
    •Water: 2L ✔️
    •Steps: 14,016 ✔️

Happy Sunday Team! Hope you are all having a lovely weekend! Happy Mother’s Day to those celebrating. We won’t have ours until June 7th here in France so we have to wait a little longer to get spoiled.

The scale is still creeping down today. I’m very happy to finally see some progress with my weight loss. Today I ran another 5k. I never thought I would be one of those people outside running everyday. I absolutely love it and hate that I missed out on it for so many years.

May goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.

I am glad your weight is going in the right direction. It is so wonderful when you find exercise that you love.
  • metonymicalinsanity
    metonymicalinsanity Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Sounds like lots of us have a good plan and are on track! Keep it up guys! If you are struggling, or have struggled in the past, I’m really interested in hearing your details too. I know I’ve had major plateaus or weight gains myself, so I’m curious to know your tips for what to do when that happens.

For today I’m happy to report that I’ve already done my planks! I also did my 3 mile walk yesterday (1/5 for the week!). This morning at breakfast I have already had almost 1/2 of today’s calories, which I know will be a problem for me when it comes to dinner time and I start getting hungry 😬

Thanks for all of your support team!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Saturday check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: 23 minute walk
    Water: not enough

Steps 5/9 9,240

I ended up turning yesterday into my rest day. My leg was really bothering me so I was unable to complete a long walk. I think the floors at Walmart aggravate my leg. I will get a longer walk in today.

I am really tired of going over my calories on the weekends. It is not worth it. I am already retaining water today and we are having Chinese takeout for Mother’s Day tonight.

On a positive note, I dropped off things for my granddaughters yesterday (from a distance) and they had some lovely gifts for me. I loved seeing them even if it is from 6 feet away.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 5km
    2. Strength training video
    3. Stay hydrated
    4. Stay within calories
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother’s Day!! To all the moms on this board, I hope you get pampered today!!
  • michelleywardell
    michelleywardell Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm new here. My name is Michelle. I work for the United States Post Office. I have 1 furbaby and a husband. We live in beautiful green Oregon. My job is very physical but its not the fun physical activity I want to get back to. I'm here to improve not just my body but my mind. Thank you for being here.

I'm a little overwhelmed as I look through the challenges. Where do I start?

My goals this month are:
    1. Lose at least 8 lbs(more would be better, of course)
    2. Meditate more
    3. Take more time for myself.(I don't get much if that since I'm a postal carrier and I work 6 days a week.)
    4. Start running again.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    07l1b5ocaznx.png
  • michelleywardell
    Options
    I'm in for the step challenge. I actually walk for my job a lot so this should be pretty easy. My daily goal is 20000 steps but I average about 8000- 29000.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    WINNERS WEEK 1

vb9e7ro2k1lm.png
    6m2gtvws3w3r.png
    swm7zrqjulkw.png
    p1m6tqphr0c6.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Downsizers 0.52%
    2nd Weight No More 0.43%
    3rd Shrinking Assets 0.34%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Downsizers 32.9 Lbs
    2nd Weight No More 22.2 Lbs
    3rd Shrinking Assets 18.5 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @samuel860 3.75 %
    2nd @kyfrancik 3.00%
    3rd @WishfulThinning18 2.75%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @samuel860 8.1 Lbs
    2nd @WishfulThinning18 7.6 Lbs
    3rd @kyfrancik 6.0 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @bburrer30
    @eggfreak
    @Piqueaboo
    @cesse47
    @machchic
    @Mrsbell8well
    @graceojo999
    @gberin
    @taylorsjostrand

7x5vbfj16cpg.png
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    lt1ej6qs8d19.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS on TWOTERVILLE

@dness1203
  • michelleywardell
    Options
    Where do I weigh in each week? Is there a specific feed for that? Is there anything I need to know to stay involved? Any mandatory challenges each week?
  • mari_moulin
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Welcome to the team Michelle!!!
    Where do I weigh in each week? Is there a specific feed for that? Is there anything I need to know to stay involved? Any mandatory challenges each week?

Sorry it’s been one of those Sunday’s. You will weigh in here in this thread. On your weigh in day you check in by using the following format...

Username:
    Weigh in Day:
    Weigh in week:
    Precious weight:
    Current weight:

Then our team captain @lindamtuck2018 will add your weight onto our monthly spreadsheet.

I'm in for the step challenge. I actually walk for my job a lot so this should be pretty easy. My daily goal is 20000 steps but I average about 8000- 29000.

You are more than welcome to join our team step challenge. This is something we keep count of within our team only? We do not compete against the other teams. To join in just give me your steps each day and I will add them in the spreadsheet. It’s mostly to help encourage us to keep moving but we do still announce our top 3 steppers each week. If you have your steps from last week you can give those to me or you can start as of today.

Hello all! I'm new here. My name is Michelle. I work for the United States Post Office. I have 1 furbaby and a husband. We live in beautiful green Oregon. My job is very physical but its not the fun physical activity I want to get back to. I'm here to improve not just my body but my mind. Thank you for being here.

My goals this month are:
    2. Meditate more
    3. Take more time for myself.(I don't get much if that since I'm a postal carrier and I work 6 days a week.)
    4. Start running again.

None of our group/team challenges are mandatory. You can pick and choose which you would like to participate in. Our team currently only has a step challenge going but if you go through our main group page you will find other challenges in the announcements section that you can participate in.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Sounds like lots of us have a good plan and are on track! Keep it up guys! If you are struggling, or have struggled in the past, I’m really interested in hearing your details too. I know I’ve had major plateaus or weight gains myself, so I’m curious to know your tips for what to do when that happens.

For today I’m happy to report that I’ve already done my planks! I also did my 3 mile walk yesterday (1/5 for the week!). This morning at breakfast I have already had almost 1/2 of today’s calories, which I know will be a problem for me when it comes to dinner time and I start getting hungry 😬

Thanks for all of your support team!

Way to go on the walking and planks. My main two struggles are binge eating and mindless weekend eating. I have binge eating disorder and did therapy a little over a year ago. The biggest things that help me over come the binge eating is sticking to a routine and avoiding stress. As for the weekend eating it is going to take some determination to stop the mindless eating. I always like to say I go back to the basics when I struggle. I look back at my food diaries of when I was doing well. That way I can see what I need to tweak in my diet.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

My goals this month are:
    2. Meditate more
    4. Start running again.

Welcome to the team. You have some great goals for the month.
This discussion has been closed.