Keto and diet soft drinks

Options
janstewart62
janstewart62 Posts: 88 Member
Hello....I have discovered the Mtn Dew Zero Sugar and I love them....taste like the real thing...but it seems like since I have been drinking them...I haven't lost any weight..does anyone else experience this?

Replies

• MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    could just be a coincidence that you reached one of your temporary plateau moments..

i don’t drink sodas but, the husband does drink the zero ones and he said they make him crave more sweet foods/feel hungrier. i don’t do so but, my past nutritionist actually told me i should be counting half the carbs of sucralose sweetener, one of the alcohol sugars that can knock ‘some’ folks out of ketosis apparently, have you tested your ketones lately??
  • janstewart62
    Options
    I don't do the strips....but have lost 58 pounds since July by following it...so I know it works!!!! Yah Me !!!! thanks for the reply !
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    wow congrats on that awesome weight loss :)
    i get that u/we know it works but, you said you stopped losing weight since you started drinking the mt. dew zeros, so figured worth testing/checking to see if this alcohol sugar is affecting you like it does with some..
  • janstewart62
    Options
    Yes,...that's kind of what I was asking...if this was happening to others...with the diet drinks...just wanted some feedback...thanks for your reply...!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I practically drink a 2 L soda a day. A zero calorie drink will not effect your weight loss.

How long have you been plateau'd? Do you track calories? Do you use a food scale? Keep in mind that the closer to a normal weight, the harder it is to lose weight.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    The wife bought a few cans of Keto friendly FITAID and after the first can she told me I could have them. She saw I had drank one and asked if I wanted her to get me some more. I said NO that I will stick with additive free water. :)

Actually the added supplements in the drink all make sense if one was doing nothing supplement wise. It is the taste that turns me off.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    I practically drink a 2 L soda a day. A zero calorie drink will not effect your weight loss.

How long have you been plateau'd? Do you track calories? Do you use a food scale? Keep in mind that the closer to a normal weight, the harder it is to lose weight.

Exactly.
    I've been drinking sodas like that and lost to my goal weight and have maintained for years.

@janstewart62 I think you are just in a natural plateau, and you may need to tighten your logging up and be patient, as, unfortunately, the closer you are to your goal, the slower it goes. Which is completely NORMAL, even though it completely SUCKS. Hang in there. :smile:

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I also drink diet soda and haven’t ever had any result from not having it. I’ve gone on kicks of cutting them out and didn’t lose a pound. I do feel like I crave sugar more if I have too much but try to only have a can a day or so.
  • janstewart62
    Options
    Thanks yall...I will keep plugging along !