WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Today I really was lacking in the energy department. I got about an hour of walking in today but man was it hard. I think the busy week has caught up with me. I haven't been eating the best. Some comfort food for sure. Tomorrow I am planning for lots of fresh food and more water to hopefully get my energy up.
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Today was better. I managed to get a Pilates PVR session in which really stretched things out in my hips/pelvis. Felt pretty good. Now I just need to find a way to make it into a routine.

Our cold rainy weather appears to have turned this evening and the forecast looks lovely for the next 2 weeks (if we can believe anything out that far...) I'm hoping to get back out in the yard because with all this rain and now some heat the weeds are going to explode.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Happy Tally Day -

I hope you are all doing well - and yes, even if you are living the frustrations of weight loss, figuring out what is working and what isn't - you'll get there! @RaisedToRamble I have to say, though, that nuts and seeds have no cholesterol and are surely not the first thing that needs to go. They have lots of fibre and are a healthy kind of fat (you do need fat in your diet) and as long as you are not eating them by the handful you should be able to keep them in your daily routine. I'd get rid of oil before getting rid of nuts and seeds. And then the obvious culprits, cheese and meat can be problematic. I'm not sure what you mean by "fake meat" though - if it is made from legumes and does not have too much fat it should be OK. Legumes are great for taking the cholesterol out into the alley and giving it a good hiding. Good luck with your revisions - and let us know how it goes! @Terytha is right, though - the numbers can get really crazy sometimes...

OK - I'm doing tallies this morning. Still missing @ells_runs @lovethyneighbor and @justinb_83 - get 'em in quick if you're there!!
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 781 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I hope you are all doing well - and yes, even if you are living the frustrations of weight loss, figuring out what is working and what isn't - you'll get there! @RaisedToRamble I have to say, though, that nuts and seeds have no cholesterol and are surely not the first thing that needs to go. They have lots of fibre and are a healthy kind of fat (you do need fat in your diet) and as long as you are not eating them by the handful you should be able to keep them in your daily routine. I'd get rid of oil before getting rid of nuts and seeds. And then the obvious culprits, cheese and meat...

@RaisedToRamble I agree with @jugar. Take a good look at you log to see where you're getting cholesterol. My number is usually very low, & it comes from chicken. Given the chance, I'll eat handfuls of nuts, & that doesn't affect much cholesterol but definitely ups calories. Great thing you're getting your bloodwork done & working with a doctor. Much love & health to you!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Sunday update:

PW - 178.5
    CW - 179.1

Even though it's a gain and not good for the team (sorry) I'm not too worried because the jeans that I'm wearing today are falling down without a belt, so something's happened!

Nevertheless, there's still work to be done, and I'm heading in the wrong direction if I want to keep the 160s in my sights. So this week I definitely need to up my steps - more walks called for here, and we certainly have the weather for it. I need to get to 6000 as a minimum every day this week.

Speaking of steps, here's my tally from last week:

17/5 - 3544
    18/5 - 4838
    19/5 - 3285
    20/5 - 4635
    21/5 - 6150
    22/5 - 3972
    23/5 - 6682

And water, water, water!

Starting tomorrow I will be doing - at a minimum - 20 minute HIIT sessions with yoga on alternate days. Starting with HIIT tomorrow.

Have a happy Sunday everyone!
  • jugar
    Options
    ells_runs wrote: »
    I promise I'm back on track now and if I can stay for next month I'll join with Fitbit challenge too.

I'm not sure why but I keep having panic attacks 🥺 my heart keeps running in my chest and it feels like it's going to come out! I have to get rid of this weight because I don't want any strokes 😭

My son keeps crying because he doesn't want to go back to school. We are in UK and the schools may reopen in couple of weeks time. He keeps being upset and I think I'm sad, too, hence my panic attacks.

I was a little depressed lately, I still work about 25 hours as a school cleaner. Some of our schools are open for vulnerable children and children of key workers, people who has to work like teachers, nurses, doctors, supermarket assistants. I'm really worried that while I work I might pick up this nasty virus.
    I promise I'll be more open soon and join in with the chat.

Good luck all for the last week! 👊
    It is so good to hear from you - and I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. I cannot imagine how difficult this whole thing is with children at home. And working. And dealing with all the anxiety - panic attacks are no joke, and if you need some anxiety meds temporarily, ask your doc! When I first adopted my son I was a complete wreck for a while, and my doctor was a huge help. He was 2 years old when he came to us, and the change was very hard on him. Even though the orphanage was far from an ideal environment, it was the only home he had known up to then, and for a few months, he had EPIC tantrums. I thought I had destroyed our family. So if you need some help with those panic attacks, I suggest you ask. It is enough to take the worst of it off without making you feel dopey or weird. In the meantime, take those deep breaths and all the virtual hugs flying your way :heart: :heart:

The fitbit challenges are fun! Join in any time - even if you don't "win" it sure keeps you adding a few steps and gives a lot of laughs along the way.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    b1mzfhenxmt0.png
  • jugar
    Options
    YinxFed wrote: »
    Even though it's a gain and not good for the team (sorry) I'm not too worried because the jeans that I'm wearing today are falling down without a belt, so something's happened!

Nevertheless, there's still work to be done, and I'm heading in the wrong direction if I want to keep the 160s in my sights. So this week I definitely need to up my steps - more walks called for here, and we certainly have the weather for it. I need to get to 6000 as a minimum every day this week.

And water, water, water!

Starting tomorrow I will be doing - at a minimum - 20 minute HIIT sessions with yoga on alternate days. Starting with HIIT tomorrow.

No worries about a half pound - you are building MUSCLES with all the fantastic workouts you have been doing. Doesn't it feel amazing when you need a belt? :smiley:
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions to fight hunger ☺

@jugar
    PW 243.6
    CW 245.5

TOTM is imminent so I'm sure it's mostly water. Ugh.

Spent much of yesterday hiking looking for morels, only found a few when we usually get at least a couple baskets full. Might try again next weekend. Plan for today is to beoutside as much as possible and finish up planting my seeds.

I will post a picture of my steps for the week in just a moment.
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    wxlosnty9vgj.png
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    YinxFed wrote: »
    Sunday update:

PW - 178.5
    CW - 179.1

Speaking of steps, here's my tally from last week:

17/5 - 3544
    18/5 - 4838
    19/5 - 3285
    20/5 - 4635
    21/5 - 6150
    22/5 - 3972
    23/5 - 6682

And water, water, water!

@YinxFed
    I feel ya, I had a 2 pound gain this week but my scale is shows muscle weight gain from last weekend a drop in fat%, I call it a win. Needing a belt is an awesome plus, congrats
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    gk88hq3mf180.gif
    nuv6osa9qbcy.png

g68e4fbj00fu.png

yqb4pk9g9kyd.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 0.37%
    2nd Trimstones 0.36%
    3rd WaistAways 0.05%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Shrinking Assets 18.6 lbs
    2nd Trimstones 17.3 lbs
    3rd WaistAways 2.4 lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @Angemarie28 2.46%
    2nd @jenn817 2.10%
    3rd @Boehle 1.94%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @destiny_sierra 4.0 lbs
    2nd @Angmarie28 3.6 lbs
    2nd @Jax_Grim 3.6 lbs
    3rd @Boehle 3.4 lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @lenka1
    @Freeglerock
    @mynacha73
    @jmbrown11
    @samuel860
    @Wishusdonna
    @eggfreak
    @WishfulThinning18
    @CanadianGiraffe

ogt30sksbqw9.png

• jugar
    Options
    We did not lose a lot, but we were still 3rd! I liked it a lot this week that there were NO exaggeratedly large losses by anyone on any team. Plenty of reasonable losses, and good steady progress. Keep it up, gang!

Just 3 more weigh-ins due today:
    @deniners2
    @graceojo999
    @alexsandramorff

I know it gets really dull sometimes logging, weighing in, tracking, planning... take a deep breath, have a BIG rant from time to time (here or in person with a good friend), and then keep logging, weighing in, tracking and planning. Those goals are worth it!!
This discussion has been closed.