Speaking of Tracking...

Options
beachwoman2006
beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
Have I mentioned how much I hate tracking? That's one reason the old WW Core program worked so well for me. I could get a whole day's worth of food in without ever needing to track ANYTHING.

Replies

• imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,936 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @beachwoman2006 ...Cindy I'm in agreement with you on tracking. I feel I have better things to do with my time but! yes there's a but. I never did get on Core program because I need the structure as I remember it. I also think WW corp for me have gone off on a trail where I can't follow them. Free foods? Whoever heard of 0 pt foods. For that reason and maybe one or two more I've canceled my 10 year online WW membership as of 6/17/20. I now and have for a couple of years tracked my food (kcal's) through MFP for different but several reasons.

Last month my tracking was very inconsistent thus throwing me into a tail spin and gaining weight. I'm not necessarily saying it's the act of tracking that helps me but possibly the mental act of keeping up with everything.

It kinda makes me think of an analogy while being on a road trip and watching my fuel gauge but not paying attention to it I'm going to run out of fuel. I may not want to stop but I don't want to be walking either. So for me tracking keeps me in the game since I can look at any type of pie or sweet and gain weight.

I'm certainly not taking issue with what your saying regarding tracking it's just something I have to do

Tracking days May 1-31 Yes 9 /No 22😡
    SW/CW/GW 06/01/20 Monday
    400.8/310.6/185 [+0.4] ☹
    Total Loss 90.2 lbs
  • beachwoman2006
    Options
    Well obviously it's something I have to do too. :)
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Good to see ya Cindy ya ole "corebie".
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    podkey wrote: »

"Corbie" reminds me of Corby's Whiskey that my dad drank. LOL
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,464 Member
    Options
    I actually came to like tracking. And I liked tracking WW points better than counting calories for some reason. I began to think of tracking as my hobby. Sure, it was a pain at first. But soon enough I was one of those meeting know it alls who just rattle off the numbers for stuff.

Then it got to be a puzzle game seeing what pieces fit into my plan. Off courses the #1 reason I liked tracking was it worked. But #2-

It told me how much I could get and still lose. I rarely left a single point on the table by the end of the week. No actual restrictions on what I ate. Didn’t have to think about it while I was eating. Crunch the numbers and chow down.
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,177 Member
    Options
    I've never been a particular fan of tracking. But, it is effective, and I am using it currently.
  • beachwoman2006
    Options
    podkey wrote: »

That's Countless of Core to you :)
  • MASSRUNNER_FRANK
    MASSRUNNER_FRANK Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Tracking, well...keeps me on track.
    Pun intended.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,464 Member
    Options
    Then I stumbled into Flore. I just wasn’t going to control my portions without tracking. But getting most of my food from the Core list, I couldn’t believe how much I was eating and still losing.
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,829 Member
    Options
    Need tracking! Don't love it but need it! Unfortunatly its kind of like regular exercise and telling my wife how much I love her, I need to do it, but I don't do it as often as I should.
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    I absolutely hate tracking!

I did it for a couple of years when I first started WW, and it was really important and helpful.

When I moved to "core" then to intuitive maintenance, I found it hard to go back and start tracking again (even if I really needed to). I actually tried a few times, but it was so tedious, and it brought back those early days of WW for me where I spent a fair amount of time trying to download menus from restaurants to estimate point values, etc.

So, I bumble along "intuitively." Some times it works better, and sometimes worse, but I'm mostly comfortable with it.
  • beachwoman2006
    Options
    I absolutely hate tracking!

Well I don't think it's any secret that I hate tracking :) But, for some reason I don't mind tracking on MFP. Maybe because I can "guesstimate" the portions pretty accurately. If I'm not sure about a serving size, then yes...I will take the time to measure to be sure. Their database is excellent so I seldom have to do a major search for a food even if it's a store brand.

I'm happy to report that I've successfully tracked for a week now :)