Replies

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in
    Food - on target
    Water - 2l
    Exercise - 5 km walk, upper body workout
    A good day yesterday, and I am slowly incorporating strength and HIIT work into my schedule. I need to do this a while longer before it is a bona fide habit. My husband is overseeing the reno of our family cottage up north, which is in dire need of repairs. He needed to go last night for a few days to deal with the contractors. So my younger son and I pushed through yesterday to finish up his schoolwork for the entire week, which we did. That meant that he could go up north with his dad, which is such a nice treat for him. My older son and I watched some Kim’s Convenience and I treated myself to some chips, which were still in my calorie range.
    @podperson1 - Amazing NSV with the jeans! Congratulations!!
    @1theresamcvean - Congratulations!! A new weight decade!! You are doing great!
    @nstephenson01 - Nice loss!
    @CassieGetsFit2013 - Hang in there Cassie, a better day is just around the corner. Don’t give up!
    @tryingagain5 - I know that your weigh in was disappointing and I am sending you a big virtual hug. The pandemic wiped out a lot of healthy routines for most of us and for you, in particular. I think about your loss of the gym, your walking group, the nutritionist cooking lessons, your book club, your church etc. Plus you have had real uncertainty with your job and reduced hours. I know that you gained, but I think that you have done extremely well under very trying circumstances. You kept up with walking, you moved to online activities and you kept working. Many of us have gained in much less trying circumstances. You can refocus when the time is right for you, and remember that you are doing what you are able during a very difficult time.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    It's been an intense day. I had some much needed coaching I needed to administer to one of my branches teammates. It was very productive and positive but also very draining. All I can think about is going home and drinking a beer and eating Fritos and bean dip. I haven't eaten a Frito in years, but that's what I want and need. At least that's what my brain is telling me.
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    @CassieGetsFit2013 Hope things start looking up soon. I would keep all of your appointments. You actually seem to be doing well with those treatments. You have been losing. The gain this week was probably due to your TOM. I also wouldn't cancel your psych appointment. I would use every tool you have available to help make things better. I hope the rain lets up so you can get out into the garden. If I remember correctly, you love to garden. Sending hugs!

@sleepymom5 Thanks, I hope so too! I will keep all of the appointments, I promise. 🙃 I think they have helped some, but maybe not as much as I thought they would, but I'm going to stick it out because I only have 11 treatments left! Yeah, you're right, but now I'm still gonna be on TOM for my next weigh in or close to coming off of it, so it might be a bad weigh in again. 😥 It isn't raining right now so I hope to get out there soon to do a few things! My weather app does say they're calling for more rain today so we'll see! Huff! Yeah, I have been gardening for over 10 years, but for the last 3 or 4 years I didn't do aky gardening at all, I went from spending 4 to 6 hours out there, to 30 minutes and I ended up crying and going back inside so I stopped. This year, I have pushed and forced myself to start one, planned on doing a smaller one than I normally would do in hopes that it would be more manageable, even on my darker days. I'm not really sure that I'm enjoying it or that the interest for it has come back, I'm just doing it and hoping the interest will strike and come back or something.
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    @GingerPwr - I keep meaning to do this post to you about Fitness Blender. I really love the workouts! I tried some of their workouts and then bough one of the 4 week programs (I think it is fat loss for busy people, round 4). The program is intermediate, and a combo of HIIT and strength training. The quality is great! I like the instruction, the lower impact alternatives offered, the pace and the cost is reasonable too. I even like how they do the entire program with you and you can see them sweat too! It is early for me, but I hope that this gives me the strength to get back to running sooner rather than later. Thanks so much for recommending them!
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    @CassieGetsFit2013 - you are having a rubbish week *hugs* I hope you don't have sciatic pain, I had a really bad bout a couple of years ago and was probably the worse pain I've ever had, could barely move for weeks :( I would try and make your appointments if you can - maybe you could focus your psych appointment on how you've been feeling lately and if they can offer any additional help? I'm very much the same in that my depression tends to zap all my interest/motivation in the things I used to enjoy and it makes me really sad - I'm trying to get out of it but it's a slow process so if the TMS is even making a small difference it might be worth sticking with it x

@podperson1 I sure am, but I'm still pushing, although it might not be a atrong push, it's something at least. Well, I'm thinking it may be sciatic pain because I believe I had it many years ago too, lower back and into my left leg. This time it's my lower back, into both legs, hips and even my butt...🤦‍♀️ Can't bend much due to the nerve being pinched and pulled, can't raise either leg too much due to the same pinch and pulling happening. Did it go away for you? What did you do to treat it? Thanks, I am going to take some notes and put down my thoughts and how I am feeling so my Psychiatrist can read it and see what she thinks and can suggest. Yeah, I think what's happened to me is called Anhedonia. I've lost more interests, one after another each year and haven't been able to get any back. The only thinf I've had to do is force myself to do everything. I even have to force myself to play a game, watch a movie...Simply because I do not want to do anything at all, even things that are supposed to be fun. It's really sad and sucks. I have 11 TMS treatments left so I am definitely going to stick with it and finish it. I am going to deeply miss the sweet technician there, Danielle. She told me she will call me from time to time to see how I'm doing and I have an app that let's me message her and she said I can always talk to her there. I promised her I wouldn't bother her every day, lol. I form very strong attachments to certain places, objects and people, although I do feel like it isn't as bad as it used to be, but it's still not gone.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Migraine med transition continues and I'm feeling rough. I want to feel okay and get into the gym, but my default seems to be migraine unless the meds are controlling it. Reducing the Topamax means I'm not as tired but I do have more pain. I'm too tired to comment much, but I am on track each day with food and water.

@CassieGetsFit2013 I've had sciatic pain a lot over the years, it was really bad when I was pregnant and for a few years after I had my twins. I actually thought I'd done permanent damage to it until I lost weight and it got a lot better. My whole pelvis separated with my twins though, it was really rough on my body. To treat it, you can put pressure directly into the sore spot. It hurts, but it does help. Also try and mobilise and stretch as much as possible. And you can put heat onto it. You have to try and release the trapped nerve. I've also had acupuncture for it, and used an acupressure mat.

@ProfDawnLee I use toddler plates and bowls a lot. My youngest kids are 11, but I have Wiggles, Frozen and Mickey Mouse lol.

@1theresamcvean I think you're doing great! Muscle does weigh heavier, so it's not uncommon to look smaller but weigh heavier on the scales - one of the reasons I am no longer stressed about hitting a particular goal weight. I have more than one photo where I look underweight, but I'm actually overweight on the scales. The difference is mostly in muscle, and some loose skin in my case too.

@podperson1 Congrats on fitting into the jeans!
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I just tried to catch-up with posts, I missed a lot! Sorry I have not posted in a bit, other then my weigh-ins.

I have been so busy & beyond stressed! Work is insane! I have been working from home since mid-March & it is taking a toll on me! You would think it would be better, but I am super busy, trying to work, dog is barking, boys want me to make them food, it is exhausting! The few positives are that I can sleep a little later in the morning, my laundry gets done all week, & I do not have any commuting costs.

I also had to get my younger son caught up with his school work. Virtual school is not good for him, he was not doing any work. When I went on to check is Google Classroom account, I saw how behind he was. I have been helping him catch-up; working from 8:30-6:00 or so, then helping him until 11:00 at night. Thank God he is done! He passed everything! Tomorrow is the last day of school. This week he has had no work, he just had to sign-in to each class, last Friday all the grades were in. It is a big relief!

I had really let things go with my diet & exercise since the pandemic. I was so disgusted with myself! I finally made a decision to get back on track. The past few weeks I have been sticking to plan, no matter what. I also got back to working out. I have been doing my DVD's, walking & biking, I feel so much better! I am down about 10 pounds! I have made my mind up to get back to goal! I would love to be there by summer's end, I think I can do it!

Hope you are all hanging in there! We just started outside dining, the hair & nail salons are opening on Monday. I need a pedicure desperately, lol. My feet are not summer ready! NY/NJ got hit hard! I am hoping we do not have another wave in the Fall, but that is the prediction. I do not think I can go through this again! It has been a tough time for everyone!

Take care & have a good evening! :smiley:
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    Daily check in Thursday
    Food-fair. Did share a beer with Molly and a single barrel Jack Daniels. But no Fritos
    Water-good
    Walk 15
    Yoga 23
    Sleep-8 1/2

I just took 2 blueberry tarts out of the oven. 1 for us 1 for a new mom. Made yellow summer squash curry soup and have the cutest baby gifts for her.
    I haven’t weighed yet this morning. I’m shooting for 148 by tomorrow. Coming up with a strategy for the day.
    Have a great weekend everyone.
    We’re off at 2pm today to celebrate Juneteenth!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    6yhxlwak1l1t.jpeg
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    06/18 steps 6499
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Had this plan to get out and weed today, have been lazy the past couple days...but woke up to rain. Apparently it is supposed to rain all day today and tomorrow. There goes tomorrow's plan, too. Sigh.

Have been drinking good amounts of water, getting sleep. Don't know that I'm doing well on sodium but could be worse. Had a menu for dinners at the beginning of the week...and we keep shifting them around. Making lasagna tomorrow. Tonight is (maybe) breakfast for dinner. Lee said he wanted pancakes and bacon and fruit...so we will see what happens.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    Thursday check in
    Food - logged and on target
    Water - 64 oz
    Exercise - 40 min walk, PT, stretching, strength

Username: Sleepymom5
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 200.0
    Today's weight: 202

Ugh! Not surprised though. I didn't have the best week. I did have a great day yesterday. I followed my plan, I logged my food, I payed attention to my hunger scale, exercised and got a good PT/Strength and stretching session in. I got a lot accomplished around the house too. Today is supposed to be stormy later so I am going to try to get my workout in sooner rater than later. Hopefully not too stormy to grill later. Nicole(my oldest daughter) may also come by to hang out by the pool. Here's to another good day today!

@annliz I hope the weather improves so you can get out for a walk.
    @1theresamcvean It must be so exciting so see the changes in your body! You are so close to goal and have a great plan! You got this!
    @podperson1 I think with everything going on it is natural to be stressed. I am glad that you all are going to be wearing masks. Here, it somehow has gotten political. Stores do require it so that is a good thing. I hope with things go well with opening up and you are another step close to getting back to normal. Great job with the jeans! Whoo Hoo!!
    @Cafelelia I had to look up "Kim’s Convenience" lol! Do you actually know that store? It is sometime good to sit back and enjoy a show that you don't need to really think about. I am glad that your younger son got to finish up his school work and go to the cabin with his dad. He seems to like to go on little adventures!
    @Mrsbell8well That is a tough part of being a manager. Funny how our body sometime craves weird things even when you haven't had or thought of it in years. Knowing you, I bet you made some fancy vegan bean dip with veggies when you got home instead! Those blueberry tarts look delicious! The soup does too (well, sounds delicious). Is curry hot? I am afraid to try it... I also love your company is letting you off early for Juneteenth!
    @CassieGetsFit2013 What a good idea to make the garden smaller and more manageable so you don't get overwhelmed. I hope that you end up enjoying it. As I am sure you already know, we have a lot of gardeners here! :)
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Great job still eating healthy and getting water in with all that you are going through. Take care of yourself. I hope this transition to the new med is successful. That will make this all worth it. Hugs
    @kirsten11872 Like I said before, you have really turned things around. I have no doubt you will get to your goal! I want to sneak into NJ for a pedicure! I just do not do a good job myself! Lol! I guess I should let you all get in line first. ;)
    @lennoncpa Awww poor Bebe! Hope he is feeling better soon. He is such a cutie!
    @melaniescott It shows rain here all weekend but it is sunny at the moment (I am in Philly). Hope you get some sunny breaks in your weather. I love the idea of breakfast for dinner. I don't know why I don't do that more often.
    @bburrer30 Hello 160s!! Nice loss there lady! Even with all that is going on! I can see why you are emotionally drained! This is so hard! I have a Mom who is in an assisted living that we can't see either but she is blissfully unaware due to dementia. She doesn't even know we haven't been there (or visa versa when we do visit). I know here, the end isn't in site for the nursing home visits yet. It is sad and I wish there was a way to let the individual families make the decisions on visitation. Sending prayers and hugs.
    @lenka1 Nice loss! Hope things are going well :)
  • Cafelelia
    Options
    Cafelelia
    Friday
    PW - 152.6
    CW - 153.7
    I do daily weigh ins so I knew this was coming. I had a lot of sodium yesterday and the day before. My weight was down on Wednesday, but now up after the sodium. It’s ok, but I know it will go back down again and I am in this for the long haul! 4 more days of school too, so I have many reasons to be happy!

@bburrer30 - I am really sorry about your grandmother, and was very moved by your post, particularly about your grandfather. I don’t work in health care, so can’t fully understand how your feel. But I understand that feeling of being over it, and that feeling of despair. Sending you a big virtual hug!
    @sleepymom5 - I am with you on the gain side this week. Here’s to a great day!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    team I tried. I had the rest of my green juice this morning from yesterday. Freshly squeezed dandelion greens, celery, parsley, and kale. Yum...well not really lol. Then I had a peach that was sitting on my desk. I wasn't going to have anything but the juice until I could come home have some of that curry soup and a slice of tart. Then IF. That was my plan. I just went into antsy hunger mode. I called my daughter Robin but she was running, then I tried Molly but she was in the car driving mom home from dialysis. So I gave up. Went to my work fridge and got my Lava plain yogurt, fresh blackberries and some of my homemade granola that was stashed in a drawer. So now I need to regroup. This can't be an "oh well" and off course for the rest of the day. I will still have soup and tart early then hit the IF button to stay on course the rest of the day. I thought about coming on here and asking for help...but I got to the fridge before I could get to my computer. All is not lost. I will only have one slice of toast with my soup and start IF by 3 pm.
    @bburrer30 such a sad story. so sorry. It is a tough situation. My friend with the virus called last night. Now her daughter that just graduated from high school has it. That's 3 in one home. There are also 2 young children that they are so scared may contract it as well. I gave her an option for 5 different soups. They want to stick to the healing broth soup with veggies. That is a truly yummy soup and so beneficial. It's been such a nightmare for this young family. They are experiencing severe abdominal pains and all that goes with it.
    @sleepymom5 I made curry soup twice in the last 2 weeks. They are more flavorful than hot. But it depends if you add cayenne pepper etc. I add a little. In a restaurant you can always ask if they have a mild version to test it out. It is soooooo good. I love yellow curry with potatoes, green curry with tofu, red curry with a little kick...I love all curries actually!
    I made the red lentil curry soup for 9 team members. Some of them were not very open to new tastes but it was a unanimous win from everyone!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 931 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @bburrer30 I can only imagine partially how emotional this is for you right now. This is my third try replying to your post today. I just keep crying picturing you and your grandparents. I'm so, so sorry. Blessedly, my grandmother passed away on March 1st, just before the lockdown here in Ontario. She was almost 100 and died peacefully of old age. Also, my sister was able to get a spot in a nursing home for our mother in North Bay, about five hours north of Toronto and drove her there on March 2nd. The nursing home there is on lockdown, but my sister can do the window visits. My mom is deaf but my sister uses signs which the nurses read (yell) to my mom because she's also blind. She is much safer there. But the story of your grandparents being apart with everything going on for both of them is so much more heartbreaking and I would be so over it too. Sending you all my best wishes and hugs.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Week 3
    Thursday
    Pw 192.2
    Cw 193
This discussion has been closed.