Hufflepuff Common Room

Options
The_Quail_Queen
The_Quail_Queen Posts: 18 Member
Introduce yourself to your new house mates!

Replies

• The_Quail_Queen
    The_Quail_Queen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My real name is Chris and I raise Quail hence the name! I fell in love with HP growing up with HARRY as the books were released we were the same age. My favorite Character is Remus Lupin and I am here to have some accountability and make some friends!
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Hello Hufflepuff! My name is Beth. I'm 61 (for another 2.5 months). I think I bought my first Harry Potter book at a Scholastic Book Fair. I'd heard so much about how horrible it was for promoting witchcraft and all that b.s. that I had to read it to see for myself. What a load of drivel all those people were putting out there! I passed the book down to my son, and then he to one of my daughters. After that, when each successive book came out, I was the last to read it. Enjoyed every one. I think my favorite character was Hagrid, with Ron following close behind. I am here, like Chris, to have some accountability in the next few months and to make some new friends. I was recently diagnosed with Type II diabetes and high cholesterol. My doc is sending me to another doc who has a program he calls the "Diet of Hope." I've heard its extremely restrictive and that for the first two weeks you are not allowed a single carb, not even from vegetables. So... I guess I'll see how that goes. It's a six-week program and I've heard it's not really sustainable longer than that. I need to lose about 70-75 pounds, so I guess I'm in this for the long haul. :) Looking forward to getting to know all of you.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    hello, fellow hufflepuffs! my name is stacy and i heart harry potter! the books came out, when i was in college, and there was so much hype, and i saw the books advertised all over the place all the time. my stony heart decreed that i would never read it just because it was so popularized. but then a classmate read portions of the sorcerer's stone in our popular fiction class, specifically about the letters being addressed to 'the cupboard under the stairs'. and that was that. i read the first two books in short order and had to wait with the rest of the world for the following.

this is my second serious run with mfp. i lost 31 pounds with mfp around 2011 - 2012, but then my weight loss completely stalled. i kept up logging and working out for about a year and a half with no weight loss before i threw in the towel. fast forward to present day, and i gained back everything plus a bit more, so here we go again!

looking forward to riding the train with you all!
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    seilidhe wrote: »
    My doc is sending me to another doc who has a program he calls the "Diet of Hope." I've heard its extremely restrictive and that for the first two weeks you are not allowed a single carb, not even from vegetables. So... I guess I'll see how that goes. It's a six-week program and I've heard it's not really sustainable longer than that.

wowza! that sounds intense.
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    Hello everyone! My real name is Chris and I raise Quail hence the name! I fell in love with HP growing up with HARRY as the books were released we were the same age. My favorite Character is Remus Lupin and I am here to have some accountability and make some friends!

quail?! how cool! thanks for putting this together - looking forward to working through with everyone!
  • seilidhe
    Options
    seilidhe wrote: »
    My doc is sending me to another doc who has a program he calls the "Diet of Hope." I've heard its extremely restrictive and that for the first two weeks you are not allowed a single carb, not even from vegetables. So... I guess I'll see how that goes. It's a six-week program and I've heard it's not really sustainable longer than that.

wowza! that sounds intense.

That is an understatement. I'm scared. Hahahaha!
  • thelovelyjesse
    thelovelyjesse Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi Hufflepuffs! I’m Jessica. I live in Wyoming and I’m 33 yrs old. I love Harry Potter, and I’m thrilled to be here!
  • seilidhe
    Options
    Hi Hufflepuffs! I’m Jessica. I live in Wyoming and I’m 33 yrs old. I love Harry Potter, and I’m thrilled to be here!

Welcome!
  • thelovelyjesse
    thelovelyjesse Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi Hufflepuffs! How was your week? Ready to start another successful one?
  • seilidhe
    Options
    Hi Hufflepuffs! How was your week? Ready to start another successful one?

I can only hope! :)
  • seilidhe
    Options
    "Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff: 1067 to 100"

This was the score in the quidditch match for last week. C'mon, Badgers! We can do better than this! B):D
  • seilidhe
    Options
    I know my numbers are down. I know the scale is not my friend. It never has been. But this diet plan I'm on requires me to weigh myself everyday and log it. So I'm getting frustrated. I bounced between 211.4 and 210.8 for most of the week. Yesterday morning, I thought I'd had a breakthrough, finally, down to 209.4. Then, this morning? 210.4. Yes, there's a general downward trend. And the Gods know I can't argue with the fact that there is an overall 6 pound loss and 1 pound in the past week. And when I was in WW, oh so many years ago, I celebrated 1/4 pound losses. But damn. And sigh.... :s

I did measurements this past weekend, so it's too soon to measure again. I haven't done photos, but when I joined friends for "running" on Saturday, photos were taken. I know it really isn't fair to myself to compare myself to the other ladies since they are hard-core runners who have always been thin. But those photos were just depressing in and of themselves.

Was I perfect on this diet the past two weeks? Probably not. But I'm usually within my self-imposed 1100-1200 calorie goal. It's a Low Carbohydrate/High Protein/relatively high fat diet. I have a hard time with that "high fat" part, so sometimes I'll not eat enough of everything because I'm hitting and exceeding what MFP set for my fat goal. When I go check in this week, I'll have to ask if there is a certain percentage of fat/protein/carbs I'm supposed to aim for. Also, I tried a few processed, frozen meals. Those probably weren't the best idea.

Sorry, for the vent, I'm apparently in a mood today. I just have to remember I'm down... not a lot... but I'm down.