Adjusting in April

Options
barbhat13
barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
1. Stay safe and healthy
2. Lose 4lbs gained
3. Use time more wisely ( lots of snacking in big chair)
4. No more nutritional coasting!
5. Write out a good training schedule for homebound activities

Replies

• barbhat13
    Options
    bdm27g0q0bb0.jpg
    Trying out indoor bike trainer. Only benefit is getting to listen to music. But at least it is exercise. My city has a curfew now and mandatory mask if outside the home starting on thursday
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I'm working at home 2 days a week, and on the 3 days in the office, there's only about 5% of our population on site. The puppy is loving the out of crate time on the telework days, and she's doing well with housebreaking. Once I sit down at my desk, I'm there all day. I eat there, watch Netflix, etc. I don't have a couch and if I sit on the daybed, I get piled on by 2 or 3 pets! I've tried a workout DVD a few times, but yoga and push ups are out. When I'm that close to the floor, I get attacked! I've been using my Fitbit, and paying better attention to my steps. My goal is set for 7500, but I'm getting anywhere from 8-10,000 steps a day. My strategy is every time I start an episode on Netflix, I get up and walk/march in place! I'm getting out with the dog a few days a week, but can't get motivated with this cold spell we've been having.

9xm0duicc5t0.jpg
  • barbhat13
    Options
    Daughter out of work so spending time with her and checking on elderly father on my days off.

I did some rug exercises last week.not pretty!

We can go outside to exercise so walked to my sisters ( one mile away) but had recreation bike ride earlier with daughter. Just no cardiac exercise...unduopxixc0j.jpg

• tress29
    Options
    Just mowed my yard since we’re expecting rain tomorrow. Over 3400 steps, and gasping for a cold beverage. I’m all hot and sweaty and JJ is ALL over me! She doesn’t understand why I just spent an hour outside when I could have been playing with her!
  • tress29
    Options
    Ugh, just got on the scale after trying to ignore it for too long. I've gained three pounds since the stay at home order went into effect. I'm not at all surprised, since I haven't met my calories goal in weeks, but this just reaffirms that I need to toss the snack food, and buckle down. We've got a wedding in September!
  • barbhat13
    Options
    So beaches are opening today so opportunities to swim will open up.

Virtual 5k run race today " May the 4th be with you" race. You run your own route and submit a finish time abs photo!

Been totally in sloth mode. Free food every shift while working in the ER and free meals from McDonald's (whose fish sandwich is pretty good) developing a bad sweet tea habit.

But so far everyone in my family is well. Friends ok too.

And yes,my yard needs mowing too. Daughter came over every week and did yard work too. Garden spot free of weeds. Roof cleaned off.

So back to getting to thinking about doing better. Hours cut at work so too many days of eating and reading in big chair.

Going to sit down and work on plan today!

• tress29
    Options
    Listened to the Food Revolution Summit this last week. Lots of info, mostly promoting whole foods plant based, which I do enjoy. Read Bright Line Eating, talks about food addictions, mostly to flour and sugar. Mindless eating, etc. Advocates lots of veggies and a huge salad with dinner, no snacking between meals. Just eliminating snacking and getting an average of 8000 steps the past two weeks, I've lost 1.5#! I didn't buy any sodas this last week, and no chips. If I can keep them out of my house...
  • barbhat13
    Options
    That's great!
    I made it to the beach to swim 5 times in 2 weeks! So my desire to eat better is kicking in.
  • barbhat13
    Options
    Totally gave up. Headed to beach next week for short vacation with family. Hope to refocus
  • barbhat13
    Options
    NO DIET COKE FOR 10 DAYS