Divya
  • eno5315
    eno5315 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Well, erm..hello, I'm Helen. I'm a UAC newbie. Been on MFP for a while, lost almost 50 lbs, then started gaining again. Not happy being on the plus side of the 200lbs mark, know it is because as much as I can do a workout plan, I am sloppy with my nutrition plan. I need to get accountable again.
  • nodamechi
    nodamechi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have been keeping up with my own tracking goals for the past two weeks, and would love to be part of a group so we can share considerations, tips, and rant a bit whenever needed.

I:m planning to lose a few kg for the next couple of months, and slowly build a solid workout routine. It would be great to see what everyone is doing to reach their health and fitness goals!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    Options
    fvnge6aw4qnn.jpg

Hi all! Welcome to our July challenge, returnees and newcomers.
    And a thousand thanks to our leader, @RangerRickL for helping us stay accountable.

I’m Terri from Northern Ireland. Back for my 21st month. Working on improving my fitness and health. Made the Winners Circle 20 times so far.

UAC is a good place for anyone to start the practicing of new habits, in a supportive and encouraging atmosphere. Through being a member, I have achieved my lowest weight in 4 decades, and have maintained it since late 2019.

Just a few details on my personal journey to health and fitness.

Aim for 2020 ~ maintain < 150 (I may even manage to drop a little more! 😂

I am FOCUSED on heathy food choices and DETERMINED to achieve my goals!

SW: 227lbs (Mar 2014)
    LW: 147.2 (4 April 2020)
    UGW: 145 (this may change when I get there 😂 )
    CW: 149.2
    • For the last 3 years I have tended to bounce up and down between 160 - 170. Occasionally I bounced up/down a little more.
    • My ideal situation is to maintain < 150
    • I use CI/CO and a variety exercise for extra calories.
    • Logic would suggest that I have found a natural comfortable weight, and, according to modern BMI calculation, I am in the upper range of normal for my age and height. However, logic doesn't always dictate our desires and feelings. 😂
    WHAT I HAVE DISCOVERED
    1. Getting and staying healthy and fit requires the development of a permanent lifestyle reset.
    2. Replacing unhelpful habits with more useful ones is key to to the process.
    3. Losing weight is only one of the elements.
    4. Eating healthy and staying actively is not OPTIONAL, but an ABSOLUTE ESSENTIAL.
    THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.

REMINDERS One or two thoughts on weight which might give heart to some of you.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be several lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a permanent lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’m Chelsey in New England, USA. This is my 2nd month in the UAC, and I am so excited to be back and to try to make the Winners Circle. Thank you, @RangerRickL for this group!

My journey:
    I joined MFP in 2012, but was only serious about weight loss around 2014. I have gone from 220+ to 164 lbs today, or roughly 60lbs lost.

My goal for July:
    I would like to lose at least 3-4lbs this month, and increase yoga in my routine.

My routine:
    While my gym is reopened, I am not comfortable yet going back, so I am utilizing pilates, yoga, HIIT, bodyweight and dumbbell strength training to stay active at home. I am also taking long walks with my dog to get moving more during the day.
  • fairy_daisy
    fairy_daisy Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Daisy from Scotland. June was my first month with the UAC and generally taking trying to be healthier a bit more seriously - so I saw some encouraging weight loss and I'm still feeling enthusiastic. However, I know from experience that I can easily lose interest, get distracted, make a few bad choices and go off track, so I think the next few months will be super-important for reinforcing it all.

So... July! I've just restarted Couch to 5k for the umpteenth time. I was running for more than 5k just earlier this year, but I lose fitness (and motivation!) fast, so part of my reason for doing this is just to get back into a routine. I'm also going to be really concentrating on improving my sleep. I may be on MFP a bit less while I try to cut down on screentime, but I'll make sure to check in. Onwards and upwards! (Or downwards, for the scale... )
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I am returning after taking a hiatus for essentially the last couple of weeks of June... issues with a pain...that is being diagnosed...had me stressed...so I let posting slide...but...not my accountability. I've lost 13 lbs since January. I hope to do 37 more by eoy...so no time to lose focus. I, even when not dealing with covid, work from home and homeschool one of my kids. I was in the business world prior to working from home for the past 16 yrs. I live in Texas where all the media loves to point right now. Here's to each of you and your own goals.
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I am what's called a "veteran " member. I have been a part of this group since.....January. I like this group because it keeps me accountable for the food that I ate and exercise that I did. I also like that we encourage each other along the way. Right now, I feel like I am on a roller coaster🎢🎢 with my weight. However, I keep on going and pushing myself to get off the trend? track? of upward and downward weight loss and gain... if that makes sense. 🎢🎢 Sunday, I weighed myself and I lost 3.5 lbs total from my last weigh in..woohoo!