WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - July 2020

Replies

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Check in for Saturday and Sunday

Saturday was good, Sunday not so much....

Each day I hit my water and exercise goals. I planned and logged my food each day too. I actually didn't do well before I went to bed last night. I had a planned ice cream cone but then had chocolate and peanut butter which was a mistake. I also could have been more productive during the day too. Oh well, that is behind me. Today I was up by 6, did 30 min on my bike and the Kayak by 8 am! Now to get some things done in the house. It is absolutely beautiful here on my deck but I am limiting my computer time. I may get on a little later to catch up and post my intro, if not, I will see you tomorrow!

@hope002 You really are doing so well! You have been consistently losing for almost a year!!
    @1theresamcvean I loved the description of Toronto you had in the June thread. I don't think of that closeness when thinking of a big city. It sounds like a wonderful place to raise your children.
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx It is nice to see that things are returning to normal by you. How awesome that you need smaller work clothes now too! That is when you really can notice progress.
    @bburrer30 Sorry to hear about your grandmother. You are all in my prayers. That was not what I was thinking when you said you bought a bike Lol! Enjoy!
    @melaniescott How scary about the lightning hitting your house. I can see why you wouldn't be able to sleep!
    @tryingagain5 It sounds like you are doing well with getting back on track. Remember that baby steps add up. I am also glad you are starting where you are at instead of getting frustrated with not being where you were. You will get there! I am so glad you are back at the trainer. I know how well you do with him.
    @Zumba_Luvah Whoo hoo! You are doing awesome!! Thanks for sharing your story. My son sounds like he has similar symptoms as you did. I wonder if he has tried eating a gluten free diet. I think he tested negative for celiac but it is interesting how your symptoms are so much better with changing your diet.
    @annliz23 I love your inspirational quotes! Thanks for sharing!
    @KristieJC Welcome! You seem like you are going to fit right in here! I have a son who moved to Houston. I know you said you were close to Dallas but I like to keep an eye on whats going on down there lol! ;) Very impressive milage on the bike too! I like how you adapted with your foot injury and found another way to get your workouts in. There is no obligation to check in daily but the more you check in, I think the more support you can get. I also wanted to mention if you are interested, I know there is a formula for biking that converts to steps.
    @timibotkin Amazing loss this week! You are really doing great! I guess you are liking WW?
    Nice pics of your garden. Your garden looks more like a farm than a garden Lol!
    @Cafelelia It is so nice being here! I am loving every minute! I hope now that school is out and
    your son will be at your Mom's, you can focus a little time on you! And thank you for my special thank you, I was lucky to be a captain with you! xoxo
    @nstephenson01 I am glad you had such a nice birthday! It seems like the Covid cases are rising since they started opening things back up. I wonder if people think you are immune over there because you are so spread out so they decide to visit there. Smart idea to stay in as much as possible to avoid it. My son in Houston said they are back on lockdown there.
    @podperson01 I am glad that you had a good session with the counselor. I am sure the more you go, the more comfortable you will be with it. I also think it is great that you are starting to recognize that one afternoon/evening off track doesn't screw up your progress. You are right, just get right back on track, flush yourself out with water and see what the scales say in a few days. I think that is a huge step. That would have been the start of a spiral downward for me at one time too but thank goodness I don't do that anymore!
    @kirsten11872 Nice loss! You are doing great!
    @Mrsbell8well The picnic looked lovely! Maybe you can add event planner to your list of talents!
    @Ademann1 Nice loss! You are on a roll!
    @JillyBT Your post made me so mad as a nurse! You would think that a job taking care of people would attract people with kinder hearts. I can't believe someone would steal the keys! That is terrible. I do agree with you, I think all this work changing over to private care is going to make things easier in the long run. Hang in there! Please make sure you take care of yourself through this too. Hugs! Keep putting those as your goals, one day they will be habits. It takes time. Very creative way to drain the little pond and good exercise!
    @GingerPwr You seem to post those inspirational posts just when I need to see them! xo
    @CassieGetsFit2013 Whoo Hoo! I just got into onederland too! Let's make a pact to not go back to the 200s! I know that you do struggle but I do get concerned when you make posts like that because we aren't set up to send help or that anyone would even see the post until it is much later. It is important to talk to someone in your family, a crisis line or call 911 when you are in a crisis like that. We are here to support you but you need to get immediate help at those times. It is scary to me when you do that and then don't check in so we know you are alright. I am glad that you are doing everything possible to take care of you and you seem to have a good support system. Hang in there! Hugs!
    @twyla77- How is the whole 30 going?
  • KristieJC
    KristieJC Posts: 243 Member
    @sleepymom5 - yes, please share that formula for converting cycling to steps. Thanks!
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 406 Member
    @sleepymom5
    I guess I have a gluten intolerance. Eating gluten free isn't as bad as it sounds either lol. There are some things that taste better than regular food. If your son hasn't tried a gluten free diet, maybe he should give it a try and see if it helps. The only downside is that gluten free products are expensive. A loaf of bread is $5.00. And it's not even a full loaf.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Sunday check in
    Food - on target
    Water - 2l
    Exercise - 4km walk & some resting!
    We had a nice day with my mom yesterday. Very quiet and restful. My son is loving having no school and so am I. I am staying here today and will return to Toronto tomorrow. I did my walk this morning. It is so hot, but I love it!

@sleepymom5 - I am happy that you are having a great time! Don’t worry about yesterday and it is impressive how much exercise you got into today so early!

@mrsbell8well - That is a beautiful loaf! It must have tasted delicious too. I just remembered that I forgot to feed my starter before leaving for the weekend. I will do it tomorrow and it should be ok. I have 3 jars going!

@Zumba_Luvah - Thanks for answering my questions. I was wondering about the celiac test because my younger son took it and it was negative, but I still have my suspicions about his tolerance for certain foods. I am 5’2” as well and being not tall presents its own challenges with weight loss. A former nutritionist of mine called it “short woman syndrome”. As a profession, they really cannot recommend a diet below 1200 calories per day, but there have been some doctors researching this further, particularly Dr. Fung, who wrote the Obesity Code (I have talked about it here before). Reading up on the science of weight loss is one of my hobbies.

@annliz23 - Thanks for the inspiring post1

@GingerPwr - Hope that you feel better soon. Happy measuring! Fitness Blender is going well and I am impressed with how thorough the program is that I selected. It has been almost 2 weeks and I really feel a difference in my legs and core in particular.

@CassieGetsFit2013 - Happy 3 years! Trust me, nobody is mad and we support you. Pam said it well that we are concerned when you seem to be in crisis because we are communicating within the limitations of a virtual world, often not in real time. I know that doctor transitions are not easy, but it is good that you really like your new doctor. Sending you a big hug.

@KristieJC - That is so nice that you work at a shelter. I had not thought about the impact of the pandemic on dog adoptions. Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow!

@1theresamcvean - How amazing that you got to do an in person boot camp! That was just a dream over a week ago.

@tryingagain5 - Just keep it up with the water and the increase will happen.

@twyla77 - Hope all is well!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    @sleepymom5 & @Zumba_Luvah I have a friend who tested neg for celiac but is still considered gluten intolerant. She went gluten free everything improved. but going totally gf can be hard...you'd be surprised how many things have it...and how hard it is to id hidden gluten.
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 955 Member
    Username: jedaschultz
    Week: 1
    Weight in day: Monday
    Previous weight:200.2
    Current weight: 199.6

It was a good weight and eating week for me but had a lot of stressful experiences. I will keep up the watchful eating again. It feels good to be in onderland once more.
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Weigh in
    username - podperson1
    Week 1
    PW - 179.8
    CW - 179.6

Little disappointing but not been the best week so I guess at least it's not a gain. Need to get my butt in gear for July!
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 570 Member
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    @CassieGetsFit2013 Whoo Hoo! I just got into onederland too! Let's make a pact to not go back to the 200s! I know that you do struggle but I do get concerned when you make posts like that because we aren't set up to send help or that anyone would even see the post until it is much later. It is important to talk to someone in your family, a crisis line or call 911 when you are in a crisis like that. We are here to support you but you need to get immediate help at those times. It is scary to me when you do that and then don't check in so we know you are alright. I am glad that you are doing everything possible to take care of you and you seem to have a good support system. Hang in there! Hugs!

Awesome!! We went into ONEderland together!? That's great!! Let's goooo! 🥰 Yes, I realize this isn't the best place to get help, especially since it isn't a chat where we can go back and forth like FB messenger or texting, since it's a group thread instead, etc. So I do see how that can be concerning and scary when I say things like that and then I'm not around to reply to everyone here to let them know that I'm okay or not. I do know to call 911 or text a crisis hotline which I have done several times before. Sometimes I don't like calling for help, but I mostly try to. 🙃 I do have a really good support system and I'm glad I do! I have come across a few people that haven't been the best helpers, but didn't stick with them for long and then found the best ones that I love. 🖤🥰
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    well i finally got in. the site hasn't been that great.

welcome new members.

I am Tracy, from New Hampshire, 48, married for a long time, 2 boys and 2 granddaughters. I love doing zumba but with the gym being closed and now just reopening i haven't been able to go yet. my teacher is doing zoom classes but i am not liking it. i am trying xtreme hip hop with phil which is pretty fun. i bought one of those roll out beds, still waiting to sleep in it because the frame hasn't arrived yet and it's been 2 weeks. my pool liner was suppose to show up the beginning of june, then friday, then this morning, but they finally arrived at 2 this afternoon after i called. talk about an aggravating month. my son and his family moved out on saturday. it's good they got their own place but i miss my granddaughter. with them being gone and having more room in the house now i am hoping to focus more on myself. i am trying to decide what to do for my vacation this year because i am guessing i will not be getting into canada. i thought of myrtle beach, Pennsylvanian or Virginia beach but i am not sure how open the states are. or maybe i convince my husband to go camping.

goals for july

add more water
    add fruits and veggies
    get my 10,000 steps 5 times a week
  • Cafelelia
    edited June 2020
    @ljdanny - I am sorry that you had such an aggravating month. I hope that you will have time now to focus on yourself, and go for a swim too. Did you want to post your steps for the last week of June? That is the only week we are missing from you. If you don’t want to, that’s ok too. I don’t think Canada will be a vacation option for you this summer. We are not even allowed to travel much within our own country at this point and our borders are closed with the U.S. except for commerce. It does not look like it will change any time soon, unfortunately.

@jedaschultz - OMG onederland!! Congratulations!!

@podperson1 - A loss is a loss! You are doing great!

@cassiegetsfit2013 - hugs again!

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - Such a cute selfie! I never thought I would say this, but how great is it to be back in the office. Very impressed that you kept up with your workout routine!
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Hi everyone, back to work yesterday and I got so many more steps than I did each day through lockdown! Probably because I make a point of getting up and moving around the office a lot, and I always walk to the furthest away bathroom, kitchen etc

I looked forward to getting home all day though, so I could get into the gym. Routine is routine no matter where I am working! I also made sure to plan my whole day of food ahead of time so that I was perfectly on track all day. I have done the same today. Photo taken between Spinning and Yoga last night after work! jn2vzrjpic3v.jpg
  • KUMEcyclingteam
    KUMEcyclingteam Posts: 112 Member
    @sleepymom5

To convert cycling or other exercises into steps a good rule of thumb is to use a conversion factor.
    1 min Low intensity (gentle) = 85 steps. ...
    1 min Moderate/Brisk intensity (comfortable) = 150 steps. ...
    1 min High Intensity (tolerable intensity but not for a long period of time) = 200 steps.

Found this on the web, not sure of it's accuracy tho.......
  • KristieJC
    KristieJC Posts: 243 Member
    @KUMEcyclingteam, thanks! Biased on that, I get about 9000 steps for every ride. Sweet!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Sorry I forgot my steps

Sun- 7,989
    Mon- 10,802
    Tues- 5,429
    Wed- 5,565
    Thurs- 5 931
    Fri- 6,927
    Sat- 5,877

They were awful for the week.
  • Cafelelia
    8l3ytnez0djb.png
    The June Week 4 Step Challenge Winners are:
    1. @Timibotkin - 87,870 steps
    2. @Annliz23 - 82,413 steps
    3. @bburrer30 - 76,332 steps
    Together 7 team members walked 505,235 steps in week 4!

The Month of June Step Challenge Winners are:
    1. @timibotkin - 332,657 steps
    2. @bburrer30 - 318,160 steps
    3. @cafelelia - 312,830 steps
    Together 7 team members walked 2,091,859 steps!

Congratulations!!!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    Monday started off a bit behind schedule as I slept in. I set my alarm to 6:30 p.m. by mistake. I think I needed it though because Sunday was a very active day with cycling, boot camp, and walking.

I had a lovely morning and my neighbour, who is off for the summer, decided to try his hand at pain au chocolate. Luckily they weren't too big. But I was running to keep up with the calories all day. I did my HIIT at noon instead of 7:30 a.m., worked, met a friend for a distance visit, and finally this evening, went for a long walk. I just went where my feet took me and it was lovely. Toward the end, I saw a man who appeared to be a floral delivery guy, on a break in a highschool parking lot lifting the heaviest weights ever! Only in the city. (I had to zoom into the pic so it's not the best quality.)

@Cafelelia I thought of you on my walk. I wandered over to Kensington Market. It's nowhere near as crowded as it usually is, but the atmosphere was essential Kensington ~ like a mini-vacation.

@KristieJC I love that you're looking forward to weigh-in day regardless of what the scales may say. Curiosity is great because that's the way to learn what's working or just appreciate the capricious nature of weight loss. LOL

@Mrsbell8well Your sourdough looks awesome, especially the sesame seeds on top. In a way, it reminds me of the best Montreal bagels, and I mean that in the best way. Sometimes they look less appealing or less perfect than grocery store bagels but boy are they great.

@sleepymom5 I'm glad you're limiting computer time at the shore and doing fun and active things. I love, love, love kayaking.

@podperson1 It was good to hear that your online counseling went well. My daughter is doing it and she said that, in a way, she was able to open up more than in person. She's not sure why but counterintuitively it makes sense. You look into the screen not all around the room and you are, perhaps, less vulnerable with your computer as a shield. Little losses go a long way too! I somehow wound up winning something at the end of June for tiny losses every week. :blush:

@Zumba_Luvah I hear you about gluten intolerance. It's a real thing and I'm glad you found relief. What a difference that is.

@GingerPwr I'm a big measurer, right down to the gram. I have an electronic scale and all the measuring things in triplicate. Dry measures, wet ones, and spoons galore. I think I'm a bit over the top about it but I can't do it any other way. It's all or nothing with measuring for me.

@jedaschultz Congratulations on Onederland! Well deserved.

srd0imvugbcw.png

This discussion has been closed.