TEAM: Run Track Minds (July)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• rpspencer1
    rpspencer1 Posts: 86 Member
    @AB0215 Good Morning, I’m a new member and I’m super excited to join the challenge this month! My current weight is:
    @rpspencer1
    Day: Saturday
    Starting weight: 219.2
    And the journey begins!!! 🤗
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    I hope I got automatically rolled over to July. Hi all, I’ve been on this team for over a year and love it! It’s a great support system.

Username: skullsandskeletons
    Week: July week 1
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 176
    CW: 178

I had a big salty dinner last night so I think the gain is mostly water. I was pretty good the rest of the week so mathematically I should have maintained and not gained.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Welcome and welcome back to everybody!

My name is Amy and I’m the captain for the team.

I joined the challenge in October and have lost 50lbs since then! I even won a couple of months. I recently gained some back but this group Is helping to keep me accountable and keeps me coming back so it doesn’t get too out of hand. June wasn’t a great month for me, I back slid quite a bit and am going to lose it all this month.

I’m 37, married and have a 1 year old son and a 4 year old daughter. Since we’ve been on lockdown I’ve started running and biking again. The extra time (from not commuting) has helped me get some daily activity back in my life.

I’ve been the captain just since December (was actually co-captain until recently) so if you ave any suggestions or ideas to keep this group fun and interactive please let me know!

Right now we have an optional daily post that people log in (roughly) the following format:

Daily Post <Day of the week>
    Track: Yes/No
    Calories: Under/Over
    Exercise: Yes/No
    Day: how you felt about today. Any successes or challenges.

Welcome again and please feel free to introduce yourself below!
  • ouija28
    ouija28 Posts: 56 Member
    Daily Post: Sunday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under (but just because it is not midnight yet and yesterday I had some barbecue wings that just didn't sit right! I hadn't had them in so long and then when you have them... ugh not what you thought.
    Exercise: Not really - just a walk around a new neighbourhood in town.
    Day: Meh. Feel blobby.

I am back to 170.2. Goal is to get into the 160s solidly!!
  • rpspencer1
    Thank you for the warm welcome @AmyG1982 . It’s very nice to meet you and this seems like an awesome team! Well done 👍🏽 last month!

I’m a 40 YO mom of teenage twins 🤗 and they just graduated from HS this year, and now I need something to so with my extra time...! I’ve decided to concentrate on myself and lose the extra pounds I’ve been trying to lose for a long while! I have a great support system and this is another wonderful support to jumpstart my journey!

Here’s my daily post:

Day: Saturday
    Track: Yes 🥳
    Calories: at the moment under but not by much..
    Exercise: Yes! Today I did my daily walk through my neighborhood and walk about 2 miles daily today I think I did a mile and a half. My eating could’ve been a little bit better I had a great breakfast a great lunch and then for dinner I Kinda had a last slice of pizza that I wish I hadn’t had😕 But it was a small square it wasn’t terribly bad but I also had roasted chicken so that was good.

CW: 219

My goal is to lose a pound a week so by Saturday hopefully I’ll be down a pound
  • AmyG1982
    Daily Post Sunday
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: none
    Day: not a great start to this challenge lol but I’m going to try to commit to the daily posts in an effort to do better this month!
  • skullsandskeletons
    Daily post Sunday
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no

Good day overall!
  • MamaSunflowers
    MamaSunflowers Posts: 219 Member
    Username: ajdvegan
    Week: July week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 132.2
    CW: 134

Hi everyone!
    This weekly accountability helped me see s little loss last month so I'm excited to be a part of it again!
    Bit of a gain this week, but I'm hoping it's mostly water weight due to TOTM and sore muscles following a weekend away in the mountains. I wasn't able to track my food, and definitely ate more than usual, but I needed the fuel on our intense hikes!
    I want to start the month off strong so I'm back to tracking today!

Good luck everyone!
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Hey team! Mom of 4 boys looking to lose some more weight. Looking forward to supporting each other this month 😊

Daily Post Monday
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes
    Day: Greay day! Hoping to keep this momentum throughout the week.
  • AmyG1982
    liveyenna wrote: »
    Hello everyone! Super excited to be here and join my first challenge in my journey!
    I'm a 23 (I'll be turning 24 next week) female living in a small country that's called Belgium. Currently jobless as I am rehabilitating from a depression/anxiety/ptsd and also in therapy. Weightloss and therapy is difficult for me as food used to be my coping mechanism but I'm trying to change for the better!

I see everyone posting some daily check-in stuffs so I think I'll do the same or try at least.

Today was difficult to track. I knew I was going to have a barbecue with family so I "prepared" by moving as much as I could today. I did some calisthenics in the morning and then later on went for a walk. The only thing I would love to have changed is my lunch which wasn't really healthy but my partner went to the grocery store on saturday and basically ignored the list I made so I'll have to go to the grocery store tomorrow to get some more vegetables, eggs and fruits. Overall I think I did good today.

Daily post Monday
    Calories: small amount over my goal
    Exercise: 30min calisthenics & 30min low impact walk
    CW: 226lbs

When’s your birthday? Mines the 8th :)
  • AmyG1982
    Daily Post Monday
    Calories: Just over
    Exercise: None
    Day: ok today, still struggling to control cravings
  • skullsandskeletons
    Daily post Monday
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no

No walk today but calories were under so that’s fine. I don’t usually count my walks at work anyway because they are pretty light and leisurely.
  • rpspencer1
    Daily post: Monday
    Calories: over
    Exercise: Yes
    Today was a pretty good day I started off pretty good pretty healthy but ended the day with a chocolate brownie that sent me over my calories. My daughter cook dinner so I had to have what she wanted which was chicken Alfredo however she did use light Alfredo sauce so that made it pretty healthy. Tomorrow I hope to be under my calories.
  • liveyenna
    liveyenna Posts: 104 Member
    AmyG1982 wrote: »

When’s your birthday? Mines the 8th :)
    Mine is the 9th! :blush:
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Hi everyone! My name is Jessica and I joined this challenge in March of 2019 and was able to lose 30 pounds before taking a break this March which turned into three months off due to my personal world and the outside world turning upside down. During that time I gained about 10ish pounds back from the 30, but in June I was able to make significant progress and now I'm within 3 pounds of my lowest weight so far on this journey. I'm back and ready to lose those 3 pounds and the additional 17 pounds to reach my goal weight!

I've decided this month to try giving myself Saturdays completely off. The reason I took a break originally was due to burning out and becoming obsessive over the scale and numbers and my mental health was taking a dangerous turn. So this time around I want to see if not tracking on Saturdays and just eating intuitively will help avoid burning out again.

Daily Post (Monday)

Exercise: No
    Water: not enough

Back on track Monday after a weekend of takeout. Need to increase water and fruits and veggies though.
  • liveyenna
    liveyenna Posts: 104 Member
    Hi Jessica and welcome!

Saturdays off sounds like a good plan to prevent a burn-out. I also have a similar strategy to prevent becoming too obsessed. For me I take it easier on saturdays because I do physical work on that day and also take my "day off" on sunday.
    You've got a great monday going, keep it up. 😊

Daily Post (Tuesday)

Exercise: 30 calisthenics and a 35min walk
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    My weigh in day is Wednesday. So tomorrow will be my official first weigh in, right? Just want to make sure I get it. Lpl
  • AmyG1982
    My weigh in day is Wednesday. So tomorrow will be my official first weigh in, right? Just want to make sure I get it. Lpl
    Yep, that’s right!