Non-Scale Successes

MsAdventure19
MsAdventure19 Posts: 104 Member
This is a thread to share and celebrate weight loss victories beyond the numbers in the scale. Sometimes you hit a plateau where scale might now be moving down but there are other signs of success beyond the numbers that you can tune in to and celebrate.

Replies

• MsAdventure19
    My non-scale successes lately are these

1. There are some hills I ride on my bike that left me winded and tired 6 weeks ago that have become normal and not a big deal. I can tell I’m stronger!
    2. It was warm and sunny this afternoon and I put on this cute vintage dress I’ve had for years and love. It’s still a little tighter in the chest than I would like (hello, sports bra!), but it’s been in storage for a couple years because there’s no way it would have fit. I was happy to be back in my dress!
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,597 Member
    NSV- I can go up stairs easier then I used to.
    My hands and feet dont look as fat as they used too.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,268 Member
    NSV- My balance is improving with yoga. I can actually put my pants on standing up without tipping over or having to hold on to the wall!
  • MsAdventure19
    I started doing some circuit training videos (Jillian Michaels 90 day program) and I was worried it would be too hard, but so far the 1st week videos have been great - elevates my heart rate and makes me sweat, but does not make me feel like I’m gonna die. I continue to feel ways that I am stronger and healthier.
  • tmbg1
    Finished a "30 Days of Yoga" series! Feels awesome!
  • tmbg1
    Ate only half a bagel this morning. Normally I can't ever eat half of anything but I'm working hard on portion control.
  • MsAdventure19
    tmbg1 wrote: »
    That’s awesome! Was it from Adriene? I did try a few of her shorter videos and I saw she had a 30 day series. Good for you!
  • tmbg1
    That’s awesome! Was it from Adriene? I did try a few of her shorter videos and I saw she had a 30 day series. Good for you!

Yes it was Adrienne! She's fantastic!
  • MsAdventure19
    I’ve been having a hard week, so I decided to really think about and recognize my non-scale victories and here’s what I came up with:

1. I can definitely see and feel that I am more muscular that I was even a few months ago - especially in my legs.
    2. While I still cannot do anything resembling a proper push-up, I have been trying modified pushups and plank poses and I can now do some modified, baby push-ups, which I am quite proud of!
    3. My waist circumference has definitely decreased - I notice it with my belt especially. (I even noticed that I’ve started wearing I watch strap on a different notch.)

So, even though I might not see the scale moving this week, I’m going to try to focus on this progress and stay positive and motivated!
  • tmbg1
    My latest non-scale victory is getting back into using my elliptical when the weather isn't good for walking.
  • MsAdventure19
    My latest non-scale victory is getting back into using my elliptical when the weather isn't good for walking.

That’s a good one! I used to use an elliptical several years ago when I had a gym membership and I really liked it - I would elliptical through an episode of “The Office” in the morning - it was a nice ritual!
  • tmbg1
    Fit into a pair of shorts that I haven't worn in about 3 years!
  • MsAdventure19
    Congrats!! 🎉🎊🎈🤩
  • tmbg1
    Does choosing a side salad instead of the French fries count as a nonscale victory? I did that yesterday.
  • MsAdventure19
    Does choosing a side salad instead of the French fries count as a nonscale victory? I did that yesterday.
    Definitely a victory! 💪🏆