WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    btvyqejnxcwq.jpeg

To everyone celebrating, have a wonderful Independence Day!

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    I ordered 3 casserole dishes to replace the one that broke. Different sizes. I have to try them all out. Made blueberry coffee cake for breakfast. And canned some plum jam. Haven’t canned in maybe 30 years? Wish I had taken a picture of the gorgeous purple plums while they were jamming. So pretty. I’m going to let mom make me vegan enchiladas in one of the bigger ones 😋 hoping to relax by the pool today.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @bburrer30
    It's nice by the bridge and Macinaw Island. It's been a while since I've been there but when I was in high school my dad and I would go every summer for a few days.

Do you live near the bridge? Or just vacationing? Do you live in Michigan?

I'm in West Michigan.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Friday check in
    Food - over calories
    Water - 2l
    Exercise - 30 min cycle, 30 min cross training
    My husband and kids are away this weekend and I am having very rare time alone. I am trying not to make it all about work and chores, but I am doing some laundry this morning. I had a distanced girls night last night in our backyard. It was so much fun! I had a glass and a half of wine, but I went over on the snacks that I served. I planned the overage this time so that I could work on feeling ok with doing that here and there. I had to be mindful to not feel bad about it. Hopefully, I can keep doing this and it will eventually become second nature.

As you all can see from Liselyn’s post, I decided to step down as a F2F moderator. There is a lot of moderating work that goes on behind the scenes, and I really struggled during lock down to get it all done. I need to take the advice that I dole out here and in life. So I decided to step down, so I can focus on catching my breath this summer. And I get to focus more on being a captain here too!

@mrsbell8well - What a lovely Saturday morning and hope that you get some pool time this afternoon. Yummy photos!
    @zumba_Luvah - That is just a small gain this week and hope that you are doing well.
    @brown6267 - Fantastic maintain! Is there anything in particular that you are doing to help you stay in the goal zone?
    @freeglerock - What a wonderful day that you had with your family! Love how both you and the kids slept in the car on the way home.
    @bburrer30 - Nice loss and beautiful photo!
    @lennoncpa - Hats off to you for fostering those doggies. You are amazing!
    @sleepymom5 - Nice maintain. Hope that you continue to enjoy the shore!
    @1theresamcvean - That video was amazing! The snow is Banff, not so much!
    @tryingagain5 - You are doing great! Keep it going!
    @GingerPwr - Thank you for that post on how to approach the weekend. Like you, I chose the “I give myself permission route” for my get together last night. I found that I had to be very mindful of my self talk and you are so right. Choose it, embrace it and don’t feel bad about it. For me, I think that this is very central to making weight loss sustainable for me this time.
    @lenka1 - Another amazing loss! You are doing so well!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    Friday check in
    @brown6267 - Fantastic maintain! Is there anything in particular that you are doing to help you stay in the goal zone?

To maintain I am doing the same things that I did when losing. Logging, staying active, and have increased calories by approximately 200/day which is around 2000 calories/ day for my age, height, and activity level.

Have a safe 4th!!
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia
    I could tell my weight would be up. Ive been bloated the past few days. I'm not worried, I'll be back down next week
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    kirsten11872
    Week:1
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous weight:170.0
    Current weight:169.6
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    KristieJC wrote: »
    I just watched the Jalapeño story. That’s just awesome. My daughter and I started volunteering at our local animal shelter over a year ago, when she was 13. For her, one of the hardest things is seeing dogs leave that she’s gotten attached to. For me it’s never sad because they really don’t need to be in the shelter. It’s a good shelter, but it’s still not a home with a family. Of course it’s always really hard when one has to be put down. Sometimes it’s just unavoidable, though our shelter does not do it unless they really have no choice. But neither of us can avoid crying when this happens, especially her.

I have to brag on Nicolette some. When we started at the shelter in February of 2019, there were three dogs there with heart worms. Treatment is very expensive, and the director simply can’t invest that much money in one dog when it could be used to feed, spay/neuter, etc multiple other dogs. Nicolette really loved one of them in particular, a mixed breed that looked like some sort of bird dog. Her name was Jitterbug. Nicolette was determined to raise the money ($1200!) to make Jitterbug well. She even put in all her own money ($400 from mowing, birthdays, Christmas). When my mom (NOT an animal person) heard this, she pitched in $300. She saw how much it meant to Nicolette and what Nicolette was willing to give up. I gave the rest of the money. We went in and gave the money to the shelter director, who cried. And as it turns out, she got a new quote for treatment that was only $350!! Our $1200 could cover all three dogs who needed treatment. Except one of my co-workers and her husband adopted one of the three and paid for his treatment so there was money left over for the next dog that tested positive. Earlier this year, Jitterbug was adopted by a great family with kids and another dog and she’s really happy. This is why people foster and volunteer. There is no better feeling.

Kristie, I love this story. I can just hear you say, "I have to brag on Nicolette some." Isn't it great having a daughter?! (Sons are pretty great too.) Hope you are having a great day and celebrating in the pool, on your bikes, or just hanging out with the family.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    timibotkin wrote: »
    Timibotkin
    PW 282.6
    CW 282.6

I’m actually thrilled about this because I haven’t done a very good job with eating this week! I honestly thought it was going to be up! I love the ww program and it definitely works if you follow it, but I didn’t pre plan for the week or do any meal prep!

I had my port removal procedure done Monday! I was thrilled to get that thing out of my chest. It didn’t want to come out though... my surgeon said that it was one of the most difficult ones that he’s had to remove, he thought it was because it had been infected at one point and caused a lot of inflammation in that area. I was somewhat hesitant to have it removed, just for fear

I hope everyone’s having a great weekend!

I'm thrilled for you too, both for the maintain and having your port removed. That sounded scary and you must be relieved. You're sounding very upbeat. Happy 4th of July!!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    kirsten11872
    Week:1
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous weight:170.0
    Current weight:169.6

Another loss. You're on a roll, Kirsten. Enjoy your 4th of July!!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    @1theresamcvean i love your 4 D’s. That’s too cool!!

Now we can add the fifth 'D,' Dogs!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @Cafelelia
    I could tell my weight would be up. Ive been bloated the past few days. I'm not worried, I'll be back down next week

Great attitude! Both @ProfDawnLee and I had a gain this week and it came right back off the next day. It doesn't always happen but it seems to be the trend this week. For me, I think it was the heat. Keep on thinking positively. Hugs.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @Freeglerock What a lovely, active, family day at the beach. Love your pictures. :smile:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    fxky1ppv0s2p.png

Check out our new space to propose challenges, make suggestions, and develop ideas about how your would like YOUR Fat2Fit community to become even better!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10802654/the-idea-lounge#latest
This discussion has been closed.