Replies

• ColwellCat
    ColwellCat Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Belatedly, checking in yes x3
  • rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,075 Member
    Options
    Almost made it, but a piece of banana cake last evening pushed me over the calorie benchmark. It was a quiet 4th here...just hubby and me and the cat. Neighborhood fireworks ended rather early which was good as it allowed the cat to come out of hiding and allowed me to get some sleep.
  • alligatorob
    alligatorob Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, and yes. It was a good day.
  • Hulya_79
    Hulya_79 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    July 4

Exercise: Yes, 30 mins walk
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

Happy 4th of July to all US citiziens of this group!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,378 Member
    Options
    Godsmonty wrote: »
    No
    No
    Yes
    Just keep showing up, and think of this month as "self-awareness / getting the hang of things "
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Pass Day #1

This was not a pass day done right, but it was fun, I was with friends, I enjoyed treats I rarely have, and I learned that more than 1 serving of alcohol means pretty well turning a day into a pass day.

Important insight - gained early in the month. A "lessons learned and voiced" Pass Day is just as valuable in the long run as a "pass day done right" ....
  • BMcC9
    Options
    July 4 - (never did get around to final posting)

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - brisk 10 minutes each way to BFFs and back to trade-from-a-disance my mask pattern and instructions printout for her "cut out but will never fit in" a-line skirt with pattern and instructions (I will need to recut it to an even smaller size before sewing) PLUS evening brisk stroll with DH.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes (just resynced fitbit before signing in to MPF to be sure)
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Days goals met: 4
    Pass days used: 0

• dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Sure did! 4.3 miles walk for 1 1/2 hours
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Surprisingly yes! I was even 463 under.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes I did
  • CathieMW
    CathieMW Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Yes - 41 minute walk

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    Yes, but it was close! 😉

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    Yes.

Four days down. No pass days. 👍

• Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Pass #1
  • amandaross887
    amandaross887 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    July 4 - PASS DAY (total of 2 so far :'( - Dang Birthday month)

I hope everyone had a wonderful July 4th!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    July 4 - PASS DAY (total of 2 so far :'( - Dang Birthday month)

I hope everyone had a wonderful July 4th!

We are looking at practicing perseverance, not perfection ... so so easy on yourself! No matter what happens over the course of the whole month, by paying attention via reporting you are discovering and refining potential strategies for "next time" that a similar situation is coming up.

Life Happens. National holiday month and birthday month at the same time is a once-a-year thing.

I had two back-to-back "not even special" days early last month, and made it through in the end. RangerRick doesn't even manage it every single month.
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Pass day #1 for the fourth! Had ice cream, Mac and cheese, hot dog, and the bun! Also liberal with some breakfast foods. One day to give all foods a pass, since that's all we could do lol. Still got out and walked around alot too
  • zeusmoose980
    zeusmoose980 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I took a pass day
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • signing_megs
    signing_megs Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Skip 3/3
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Skip 3/3

Life Happens. Persistence and over-all trends should be your over-all perspective. In one-month-at-a-time chunks. With an eye to discovering what would be long-term realistic for you and your situation.

Celebration events are still to be celebrated (something that you PLAN to use or potentially use a pass day for )

Frantic times and sick-days or injuries may happen to throw you out of your successful routine (unintentional, unplanned pass days)

By continuing to check in with us, you have a way to own your choices - discover habitual trends you didn't even know you were doing - and come to realize that one unintentional bad day doesn't have to turn into a string of them.

Hang in there!