Expressions of Interest: Petition to MFP to better track net carbs.

2»

Replies

• spacedoutmfp
    spacedoutmfp Posts: 5 Member
    I just subtract carbs - fiber. For custom entries, I add net carbs already.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,517 Member
    Honestly, I find it pretty darn simple to just glance at my diary and do the math, it's not really that hard.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    I thought Woo just meant Wooo!! like a woohoo without the hoo.... but then again, have never used that button.

It's the MFP dislike button!

I don't get it...FB doesn't even have a negative dislike reaction, why in the hell would a support forum have one?!?!

I personally believe it's used as a form of online cyber bullying in general forums.

Yeah. It absolutely is by some members. They have several threads in the Main Forum arguing/discussing ("they" being the members.)
    I'd discuss it more over PM if you're interested on my take on things, since I've been around to see all the evolutions this site has undergone since 2014.

But let's leave that topic and enjoy how awesome we are in here and the Low Carber Daily. :wink:
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Honestly, I find it pretty darn simple to just glance at my diary and do the math, it's not really that hard.

That's what I do. I put the columns beside one another and to the quick math required.
    You can write down the Net # in your Notes if you like.

• Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    baconslave wrote: »
    Here's the links I have from the Low Carber Daily.
    I don't bother with them myself as I just put my Carbs and Fiber columns beside one another and do the math, so I can't say if they all still work.
    • Overview
      CavemanKeto Website
      Overview of the process to install the scripts required to have MFP Food Diary calculate and display "net" carbs
      You need to load the Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) extension in order to use the scripts. Once you have it installed, if you click on the .JS files in the following links, the extension should pick them up and ask if you want to install them.
      Links to the individual scripts are provided below
    • Net Carb Script
      Shows net carbs and little pie charts in your diary. Requires the protein, fat, carbs, and fiber columns.
      Download
    • Percentages and Pie Charts Script
      Shows the percentages and pie charts like the "Net Carb Script," but without the net carb column. Requires the protein, fat, and carbs columns. Does not require the fiber column.
      Download
    • Macro Settings Script
      Improves the macro goals in settings.
      (Note: This one may not work right now, due to the recent changes MFP made to the goal setting interface. It's potentially permanently broken.)
      Download
    • Calorie Hiding Script
      Hides the calorie column in your diary. Useful for ad libitum challenges.
      Download

To note: I'm the maintainer for the Calorie Hiding Script and Percentages and Pie Charts Script. I've since quit using them, myself, but if anyone wants to use them and runs into trouble (MFP has changed a fair bit since I last did anything with them) feel free to drop me a line or submit an issue in the Github project - https://github.com/LowCarberDaily

In other words, I'm still here and am willing to work on it!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    I thought Woo just meant Wooo!! like a woohoo without the hoo.... but then again, have never used that button.

I don't get it...FB doesn't even have a negative dislike reaction, why in the hell would a support forum have one?!?!

I personally believe it's used as a form of online cyber bullying in general forums.

Yeah. It absolutely is by some members. They have several threads in the Main Forum arguing/discussing ("they" being the members.)
    I'd discuss it more over PM if you're interested on my take on things, since I've been around to see all the evolutions this site has undergone since 2014.

But let's leave that topic and enjoy how awesome we are in here and the Low Carber Daily. :wink:

Thanks!!!

Agreed...The groups are awesome!

• imatraveldiva
    imatraveldiva Posts: 15 Member
    i appreciate the support. i am new to keto. i have sent fr if you dont mind accepting. i need to see support on my feed. ☺️
  • EelkoDoesKeto
    EelkoDoesKeto Posts: 72 Member
    Dragonwolf wrote: »
    Here's the links I have from the Low Carber Daily.
    I don't bother with them myself as I just put my Carbs and Fiber columns beside one another and do the math, so I can't say if they all still work.
    • Overview
      CavemanKeto Website
      Overview of the process to install the scripts required to have MFP Food Diary calculate and display "net" carbs
      You need to load the Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) extension in order to use the scripts. Once you have it installed, if you click on the .JS files in the following links, the extension should pick them up and ask if you want to install them.
      Links to the individual scripts are provided below
    • Net Carb Script
      Shows net carbs and little pie charts in your diary. Requires the protein, fat, carbs, and fiber columns.
      Download
    • Percentages and Pie Charts Script
      Shows the percentages and pie charts like the "Net Carb Script," but without the net carb column. Requires the protein, fat, and carbs columns. Does not require the fiber column.
      Download
    • Macro Settings Script
      Improves the macro goals in settings.
      (Note: This one may not work right now, due to the recent changes MFP made to the goal setting interface. It's potentially permanently broken.)
      Download
    • Calorie Hiding Script
      Hides the calorie column in your diary. Useful for ad libitum challenges.
      Download

To note: I'm the maintainer for the Calorie Hiding Script and Percentages and Pie Charts Script. I've since quit using them, myself, but if anyone wants to use them and runs into trouble (MFP has changed a fair bit since I last did anything with them) feel free to drop me a line or submit an issue in the Github project - https://github.com/LowCarberDaily

In other words, I'm still here and am willing to work on it!

Still works perfectly. Job done right :)
  • jamm70
    jamm70 Posts: 2 Member
    Carb manager is great for keto does the net carbs for you and has alot of great feature's in the free version
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    I just moved the fiber column right next to carbs so it just takes a quick glance to see it. Although, I see better results when I am eating based on my true carb number.
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 351 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »

Sorry, I would like to add, if you don't mind.

First, 1000% better than 2014-2015. A lot of have been removed.

Second, if anyone feels they are being woo stalked, please report it to the mods. We issue warnings for woo stalkers.

Third, most of the people who argue against Keto and its benefits don't have a clue when it comes to the actual research. There is strong evidence in several areas, especially relating to autoimmune disorders, neurological disorder, and blood sugar issues.

Fourth, MFP will never have net carbs, even on premium. When i consume things with sugar alcohols, i just look for net carb entries. But honestly, while I follow a keto diet, I dont monitor ketones and don't even care if i am in ketosis. If i am satiated and losing fat, i am good.

Where is this “woo”button that’s being spoken of?. All I have is insightful, inspiring, like, hug, and disagree. 🤔

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    psuLemon wrote: »

Sorry, I would like to add, if you don't mind.

First, 1000% better than 2014-2015. A lot of have been removed.

Second, if anyone feels they are being woo stalked, please report it to the mods. We issue warnings for woo stalkers.

Third, most of the people who argue against Keto and its benefits don't have a clue when it comes to the actual research. There is strong evidence in several areas, especially relating to autoimmune disorders, neurological disorder, and blood sugar issues.

Fourth, MFP will never have net carbs, even on premium. When i consume things with sugar alcohols, i just look for net carb entries. But honestly, while I follow a keto diet, I dont monitor ketones and don't even care if i am in ketosis. If i am satiated and losing fat, i am good.

Where is this “woo”button that’s being spoken of?. All I have is insightful, inspiring, like, hug, and disagree. 🤔

Disagree replaced woo. Woo hurt too many feelings.