Need some help figuring out a diet.

Options
Hello everyone! I went through the communities on here and I hope this is a good place to post this. I'm 17 years old, 5'3, and I'm 130 pounds. I would love to go down to 115 although I'm not overweight I'm healthy. I typically run at least 3 miles a week and weight lift. I'm gonna start running more but I'm looking for some help for a diet that is good for me, I need to figure out what to set my nutrients to in MyFitnessPal in like a realistic way that's not going to hurt me in the long run. My overall goal is a six pack but just dropping weight would be great. Any help would be fantastic. :)

Replies

• age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!
    Congratulations for taking your first steps toward a healthier you.

You’ve found a great app and community to improve or maintain your health and fitness.

Remember this is not a program or a diet, it is a lifestyle to a healthier you.

In terms of your journey, I suggest:
    - make a small sustainable change eg., if you like to drink pop, then switch that out for water or sparkling water with lemon or lime in it.
    - Once you’ve adjusted to that change then make another small sustainable change eg., if you like to eat rice, switch that out for brown rice
    - Track what you eat
    - Monitor your macros
    - Monitor your metrics (weight and measurements)
    - Then adjust as needed
    - As you lose weight, your body is going to change, not only in appearance, but also in how it reacts to different foods.

Getting a six-pack is difficult. You are young and I’m assuming haven’t had any children, so it will be easier for you. There are two items required for a woman to have a six pack:
    1) low body fat percentage
    2) build core muscles

Consider this article from Legion Athletics. Warning: Legion Athletics is a supplement and coaching company. I do not support the use of supplements and have not purchased anything from them. I just find their articles informative.

Good luck!
  • Grace_spaceship
    Grace_spaceship Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to get a six pack!! Everyones calorie needs are different but make sure you are eating plenty of protein to retain muscle mass while losing weight! Make sure you think about the long run, if you lose weight really quickly it might not be a sustainable lifestyle and you may gain the weight back later.