TEAM: Run Track Minds (July)

Replies

• red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Username: red1185
    PW: 176
    CW: 175

I’m trying to get back on track with my life. I’ve spoken to my doctor about a medication that is contributing to weight gain/inability to lose weight - I’ve changed medications, so hopefully that helps. I’m also still working on the C25K - I don’t always run, but I do speed walk. Hopefully I’ll be able to run more consistently as time goes on.

I don’t expect the medication change to be the magic answer, but I am hoping it gives me some relief because I have to get this weight off me.

When I started my medication 5 years ago I was 40 lbs lighter - the only thing that really changed was the addition of the medicine.

I am hoping to finally start seeing real progress.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Daily post Saturday
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no
  • liveyenna
    liveyenna Posts: 104 Member
    Y'all doing fabulous people!
    @red1185 the right medication can make a difference. I hope for you it helps you along the way. Just remember to do your own very best!

Daily post Saturday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: No

This was my friends & I first gathering since the corona happened in Belgium. We were under strict quarantaine from march til halfway june. Technically we are still must to stay at home whenever we can but small gatherings are allowed. So luckily we are able to visit friends & family again! So with a friends birthday coming up, he threw a little gathering and a barbecue. With barbecue foods & alcohol it was hard to stay on track so I gave myself this little moment of having fun. We'll get back on track.
  • skullsandskeletons
    Username: skullsandskeletons
    Week: July week 2
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 178
    CW: 176

• liveyenna
    liveyenna Posts: 104 Member
    Daily post Sunday
    Calories: In target zone

• AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    AB0215 wrote: »
    CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WEEK 1 WINNER @HASWLRS. - 3.59%
    8tykpzq6wd4b.jpg
    AND TO THE BIG BUTT THEORY FOR TAKING 1ST PLACE IN WEEK 1

July Week 1 is now in the books!! Great job to all our winners!

Who will take Week 2?! Time to buckle down and de-throne our Week 1 Winners!

Below are the full results for Week 1.

The Biggest Loser Is...
    1st - @HASWLRS. - 3.59%
    2nd - @DesertColibri. - 2.15%
    3rd - @I_Want_A_Donut. - 2.10%

The TEAM Biggest Loser...
    1st - Flab-U-Less. - 0.58%
    2nd - The Big Butt Theory. - 0.39%
    3rd - The Slimsons. - 0.18%

Top 3 Individual % by Team:

The Big Butt Theory
    1st - @HASWLRS. - 3.59%
    2nd - @cmhubbard92. - 1.17%
    3rd - @brandi_84. - 0.80%

The Slimsons
    1st - @AB0215. - 1.48%
    2nd - @Jen_967. - 1.30%
    3rd - @RetroJoe28. - 1.24%

Gutbusters
    1st - @Krysless2. - 1.32%
    2nd - @Tickie99. - 0.92%
    3rd - @Tazaria87. - 0.83%

Run Track Minds
    1st - @Minion_training_program. - 1.71%
    2nd - @germaine_yee. - 0.94%
    3rd - @Red1185. - 0.57%

Flab-U-Less
    1st - @DesertColibri. - 2.15%
    2nd - @I_Want_A_Donut. - 2.10%
    3rd - @kimikats. - 2.07%

Individual Top 3 Pounds Lost
    1st - @HASWLRS. - 6.6 lbs.
    2nd - @I_Want_A_Donut. - 5.0 lbs.
    3rd - @Minion_training_program. - 3.8 lbs.

Overall Pounds Lost by Team
    The Big Butt Theory - 9.5 lbs.
    The Slimsons - 6.3 lbs.
    Gutbusters - -5.0 lbs.
    Run Track Minds - -.2 lbs.
    Flab-U-Less - 18.7 lbs.

Overall Total Lost: 29.3 lbs

Week 1 Snapshot
    v2pbrwkr1gj0.png
  • skullsandskeletons
    Daily post Sunday
    Calories: on target
  • MamaSunflowers
    MamaSunflowers Posts: 224 Member
    Username: ajdvegan
    Week: July week 2
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 134lb
    CW: 131lb

Looks like I lost the water weight plus a little more.
    I'm happy with my general progress. I've been exercising lots and getting into s good routine. It's been many weeks since my last binge! I have had a few times where I have over eaten, but as it's mainly been on fruit the damage done is easier to counter!

Onwards to another good week!

I normally weigh in kilograms, and it's nice to be consistently under 60kgs now. 6 more kgs to go! But I'd be happy to lose 1kg this month - and keep it off!

Good luck this week everyone!
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Woof....really fell off the wagon this weekend. Having chemo on a different day due to the U.S. holiday really threw off my routine and I completely forgot to weigh in last week. Sorry team!

Back on track today. The weekend wasn't terrible, but definitely had more snacks than usual.....We will see how weigh in goes Friday, hopefully getting back on track this week will help things.
  • skullsandskeletons
    Daily post Monday
    Calories: over, at maintenance

Well I had my dinner calories all planned out but my spouse wanted Chinese. I could have kept it under control but had a second helping. Oh well! It was tasty.
  • red1185
    liveyenna wrote: »
    Y'all doing fabulous people!
    @red1185 the right medication can make a difference. I hope for you it helps you along the way. Just remember to do your own very best!

Daily post Saturday
    Calories: Over

This was my friends & I first gathering since the corona happened in Belgium. We were under strict quarantaine from march til halfway june. Technically we are still must to stay at home whenever we can but small gatherings are allowed. So luckily we are able to visit friends & family again! So with a friends birthday coming up, he threw a little gathering and a barbecue. With barbecue foods & alcohol it was hard to stay on track so I gave myself this little moment of having fun. We'll get back on track.

Thank you for the support. I’m really trying, and I’m just so frustrated with myself.
    Good luck to you, as well. How are things over in Belgium?? The US is basically a dumpster fire.
    Stay safe and healthy!
  • red1185
    The last few days have been kinda ok for me. I’ve made sure to get on my treadmill to do C25K (I ding run, but I speed walk), and today I cleaned my entire house: which my Fitbit tracked as an hour and a half of exercise.

I’m also keeping myself from the refrigerator right now. I’m not actually hungry, but my brain is telling me I need to have a dinner because it’s routine, and sounds good. I had 2 glasses of wine and some cherries after cleaning all day (real cherries, not maraschino - though those are delicious lol).

I’m hoping I can keep this up, and actually lose some weight. Friends tell me I look fine, but I just don’t feel good in my own skin, and I’m not ok with that.

Anyway....y’all have a good night, and happy losing. 🙂
  • jwall309
    Daily Post (Monday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: None
    Water: none
    Fruits and veggies: chopped salad, potatoes - white and sweet

Crazy how I can not drink water all day when i have diet soda in the house.....need to figure out how to improve that
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    jwall309 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Monday)

Crazy how I can not drink water all day when i have diet soda in the house.....need to figure out how to improve that

I’m the same way with soda! It’s so hard
  • jwall309
    edited July 2020
    AmyG1982 wrote: »
    jwall309 wrote: »
    Daily Post (Monday)

I’m the same way with soda! It’s so hard

It really is! and I always justify it by saying "well at least there are no calories" but i KNOW deep down that I need more water for so many reasons. My skin always look nicer when i drink more water, I'm less bloated, etc, and yet every time I keep soda in the house I only drink that or coffee. Maybe the solution is to stop buying it.....
    Or in college, I stopped drinking soda during the week and only drank it on the weekends, maybe that is the moderation step I need to take again.
  • skullsandskeletons
    Daily post Tuesday
  • rpspencer1
    rpspencer1 Posts: 86 Member
    Daily post
    Tracked: no
    Calories: over?

Today was not a very good day for me. I was so busy that I did not get a chance to track and I’m pretty sure I went over my calorie goal. Tomorrow will be a much better day.
  • jwall309
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: Just over
    Water: none....again
    Fruits and veg: strawberries, peppers, onions, corn

Stepped on the scale this morning just to check in since I hadn't weighed in last week and I'm up over 3 pounds. I'm so discouraged. I've been staying on track so I'm incredibly frustrated that I'm steadily climbing right now.....

Trying to remind myself that my body is going through a lot right now and if its not behaving the way I expect I have a lot of things to point to to explain way. I'm wondering if my every other week dose of steroids is starting to catch up to me with retaining water.... I know I am also having some other stomach issues related to drug side effects that might explain excess weight, but I can't help but still be so disappointed. I'm also on a drug that simulates menopause so I can't imagine that is helping my case here. I think I will try to drink plenty of water today to see if that might help some things.

Also trying to remember, only 3 more treatments (YAY) then my body will have time to recover and get back to a new normal.
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Weigh day!

Username: lovelyrose11
    Weigh in week: July Week 2
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's weight: 196.3
    Todays Weight: 196.0

Honestly, just happy to see a loss. We had a guest for an entire week and it was really hard for me.
  • skullsandskeletons
    Daily post Wednesday