Returned to my fitness pal

Vladaar
Vladaar Posts: 147 Member
Hi old hat at Keto successfully achieved 169 weight then life happened with stress higher than I've ever experienced I gained 30 pounds back.

Would like some new or old friends as I lose weight back to my goal weight and re established my set point. Dr. Fung fan here.

Vladaar

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Welcome, again. I am a long term MFP'er (11 years). I run a Cyclical Ketogenic Diet to help with performance and recovery. On my refeed days, I consume 400g+ of carbs for 2 days and then go back onto to keto with 30-40 net carbs.

No a fan of Dr. Fung though. His beliefs that hormones > calories, doesn't align with the evidence I have seen. But as long as he motivates you to get healthier, than its all good.
  • Vladaar
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Welcome, again. I am a long term MFP'er (11 years). I run a Cyclical Ketogenic Diet to help with performance and recovery. On my refeed days, I consume 400g+ of carbs for 2 days and then go back onto to keto with 30-40 net carbs.

No a fan of Dr. Fung though. His beliefs that hormones > calories, doesn't align with the evidence I have seen. But as long as he motivates you to get healthier, than its all good.

All good not everyone appreciates Dr. Fung. Why are doing carb refeeds? Athlete?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Vladaar wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »

All good not everyone appreciates Dr. Fung. Why are doing carb refeeds? Athlete?

I am a regular lifter who wants the increased performance and hoping to gain or at least maintain my muscle mass while i am cutting weight. Overall, my performance is just much better. And given I don't have metabolic issues, I don't actually care what my ketone level is. I do CKD because keto suppresses my appetite.
  • Vladaar
    I do body weight resistance training on keto no issues with needing carbs. Gymnastic Bodies.com training. But I know lifters and sprinters tend to want carb boosts.
  • Vladaar
    Add me as friend guys if you would many of my old friends are inactive now. :)