Leah’s OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Yeah...4 days is really plenty. Def been hot lately! I'm in Colorado and the thermostat said 104 today :# If I don't get out early I just don't get out...just like today :(<3
  • Leah_62803
    Leah_62803 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Back up to 201.8 this morning. :|
  • katjustkat
    Options
    It's. ok...it's going to go down when it's ready to release. All of a sudden 200's will be behind you. Just know you're doing exactly what you should and the rest will take care of itself. <3
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Hi there :) Don't be too hard on yourself <3 OMAD is a lifestyle for me. So, when I fail today, I just have to pick myself up and get back onto the OMAD wagon. When I first started I was 148 pounds and I a shortie - 5 feet 2. Before I got married, I was always around 95 -98 pounds. So, after I got pregnant with my 1st & 2nd, my weight shot up to the 148 - 150 pounds and no matter what I did, I just couldn't loose weight till I found OMAD. And yes, I do fall off the wagon A LOT :lol: but I know that with OMAD, the weight will come off again. Currently, I am hovering at 124 - 125 pounds and am struggling to get down to 110. But, I know if I am strict with myself, it will eventually go down. So, keep up the good work and let OMAD ease into your lifestyle. We are here cheering for ya <3
  • Leah_62803
    Options
    jadepearl, that’s what’s bugging me the most though. I haven’t fallen off of anything. I’ve been doing OMAD all week. The last time I “cheated” was last Sunday by having a bowl of low calorie soup for lunch because I overdid it in the heat and felt sick. So not much of a cheat. I just don’t understand why the scale seems suddenly stuck this week. I’ve been losing anywhere from 3-4 lbs every week since I’ve started this (4 weeks ago) and now suddenly nothing.
  • Leah_62803
    Options
    The scale says 201.6 today. So that’s a total loss of .4 lbs this week. The week before I lost a little over 4 lbs and now only .4 lbs.
    I’ve got to figure out what I’m doing wrong. The whole reason I though omad would be best for me is that it would give me more freedom for dinner. This next week should be better, I think.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    /HUGS It could be anything from hormones, stress, to just too much salt with what you ate. Plus.. you're almost in the onederlands which means naturally it's going to be frustrating as all hell to break through to those 100's. Not sure why it always seems to be like that.
  • Leah_62803
    Options
    Well, today is my first “eff it” day. I’ve done terrible. I’ll get back on the wagon tomorrow.
  • katjustkat
    Options
    Sometimes a bigger eat day signals to your body that it doesn't have to hold on to everything. You might get a pleasant surprise in the next days. Fingers crossed but...you're already doing an awesome job! Here's to new week towards our goal of good health :0)
  • Leah_62803
    Options
    Scale went down a little bit, surprisingly. I’m at 201.0 this morning. I was snacking all day yesterday too. On some pretty unhealthy stuff. :#

Anyway, I think I’m going to try not weighing myself as much this week. I normally like to see what it is every day but for some reason it’s stressing me out right now. I haven’t been sleeping well the past couple nights because I’m thinking about it and waking up way too early because I want to check it. So I’ll try to do really good this week and hopefully be surprised later with something in the 100s.
  • katjustkat
    Options
    Yay the scale moving! I always used to weigh everyday but like you, it's been messing with my head. I'm going to do the omad regardless of what the scale says so why let the scale mess with my head. I wish I could weigh in but it's much safer that I don't. I'm in this for a very long haul and so far I feel better not weighing in. OMAD works for me mentally so I don't want thoughts creeping in of having to be more strict....then I'll def fall off. Hope you have a great week!
  • Leah_62803
    Options
    Thanks, kat. I did sneak and weigh myself this morning again but I am going to try and hold off until next week to do it again.

Scale said 200.6 this morning. So happy that it’s moving again.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    YESSSSSSS sometimes you just hafta switch it up to get the scale moving, even if it's a cheat day!!! I have weeks where I lose 5 pounds and then gain a pound doing the same thing the following week - you've gotta give your body some grace, it's gonna behave erratically BUT if you stay the course, science says you WILL lose it eventually :) Think of it this way, you're AVERAGING 2.2 pounds a week which is FABULOUS!!! :)
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss👍👏❤️ Sometimes, I feel that our body knows we are trying to loose weight and it will try its best to hold onto our current weight. So, if we keep at it, the weight will finally drop. Keep up the good work 👍👌😁
  • Leah_62803
    Options
    jadepearl wrote: »
    Congrats on your loss👍👏❤️ Sometimes, I feel that our body knows we are trying to loose weight and it will try its best to hold onto our current weight. So, if we keep at it, the weight will finally drop. Keep up the good work 👍👌😁

That’s exactly how I feel because last week I was so excited about getting down below 200 and my body was like “HA! That’s what you think!” :D
  • katjustkat
    Options
    Happy dance on the scale movin' again! Just keep doing omad and it's gotta keep moving down. Just keep weighing if it doesn't mess with your head. It's a good motivating tool...until it's not lol... :s
  • Leah_62803
    Options
    katjustkat wrote: »
    Happy dance on the scale movin' again! Just keep doing omad and it's gotta keep moving down. Just keep weighing if it doesn't mess with your head. It's a good motivating tool...until it's not lol... :s

Yeah, I think it is starting to mess with my head a little. I haven’t been sleeping very good because I’m thinking about what the scale will say the next morning. Then I wake up too early and lay in bed waiting for it to time to get up and weigh myself.
    I never used to be this obsessed with the scale even when I would weigh myself every day. I think it’s the combination of panicking because my weight has gotten so high and the idea that OMAD is magical and will make me lose all the weight in 6 months....I really need to stay off reddit. I’m reading too many super fast success stories and they were encouraging at first but now it’s frustrating because I’m getting impatient with myself. I think that’s making me stress over what the scale says.

Anyway, I didn’t weigh this morning! That’s a victory for me. It was really hard. I’m going to try not to weigh again until Monday morning.

• mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Hey take that lil victory and RUN with it!!! IF the daily weighs make you anxious just maybe do it every other day? Or even once a week :)
  • Leah_62803
    Options
    I have an extra LONG meeting today. I brought a 160 calorie protein shake but I'm not sure if I'll actually drink it. I'm just a little worried because I usually get really irritable and sleepy around 4-4:30 pm (I haven't experienced the whole "extra energy" thing from OMAD). Usually I'm already home by that time so it's no big deal but my meeting is supposed to last until at least 6 pm. So I'm not sure what I'll do yet.

Other than that, everything is going pretty good. Still staying away from the scale and it's getting easier.
    Slept terrible last night though. Had nightmares all night about the strangest things and woke up feeling groggy and confused.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    The mental clarity for me only comes from extended fasts - for me once I hit the 36 hour mark, the mental benefits kick in :)