Introduce yourself

Options
Good Morning Lovlies🌞

Hi 👋 My name is Amanda, I’m 31 and looking for motivational and accountability partners 🌸. I am restarting my 🤸🏻‍♂️ fitness journey for the millionth time and want it to stick this time. I’ve found that when I have people to message 💻, text 📱or talk 📞to daily it helps to keep me on track. So I guess I’m looking for some friends to help with this!

💛My Goal:
-Lose 100lbs

Sw: 266.4
Cw: 266.4
Journey start: (Today) July 13,2020

Replies

• Steve25k
    Steve25k Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hello, I did write a big long introduction but it didn't seem to work, so here's a shorter version.

I'm middle aged English person who has put on about 30kg in the last 10 years, most of it in the last 5. I need to lose at least that weight and possibly 10 more.

I'm looking for people who are doing the same who I can share stories and motivation with.

SW: 133kg
    CW: 131 kg
    He : 100kg

Many thanks,
    Steve
  • melanietheresa
    melanietheresa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Melanie and I’m 41, married with three kids living in Ontario, Canada.
    Ever since having my kids I have struggled to get back to under 200 pounds. I’ve tried almost every diet fad to only be more disappointed with my self. I need a good group that will motivate me but also understand some timeS 💩 happens in life and that It can steer you away from your goal. Would love to get under 200 before the end of the summer. With your help I know I can do it this time!

SW 218
    CW 218
    GW 160
    RGW 190
    Thanks. Melanie
  • projectmefitmom
    projectmefitmom Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    @Steve25k @melanietheresa thats exactly what I’m here for as well. I want people who push me to stay active, give me advice and stay motivated! Please share the group name with anyone you think might wanna join or let me know names I can add them.
  • losingthisweight457
    losingthisweight457 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I'm 32
    5'7"
    SW: 298
    CW: 296

I just started my weightloss journey again this month.
    I am hoping to get down to 285 by August :)
  • lilacs510
    lilacs510 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 38 with 2 young children and I live in the Boston area. I do great all day and all week eating very clean, but struggle after the kids goto bed and on weekends! I need accountability and motivation to push through those nights and weekends!
  • Steve25k
    Options
    lilacs510 wrote: »
    I do great all day and all week eating very clean, but struggle after the kids goto bed and on weekends!

I've found that if I clean my teeth when my son goes to bed (8pm) I tend not to snack so much in the evenings.
  • projectmefitmom
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I'm 32
    5'7"
    SW: 298
    CW: 296

I just started my weightloss journey again this month.
    I am hoping to get down to 285 by August :)

Welcome! I'm so excited to meet you all! This is the start of a great thing I know it ☺️
    We have similar goals!!!!
  • projectmefitmom
    Options
    lilacs510 wrote: »
    Hello! I am 38 with 2 young children and I live in the Boston area. I do great all day and all week eating very clean, but struggle after the kids goto bed and on weekends! I need accountability and motivation to push through those nights and weekends!

I am the same way and it doesn’t help that my husband can literally eat anything and not gain any weight so I see him indulge then I indulge. What I did yesterday is just look up motivational post on Pinterest and it actually helped. I have to hype myself up.
  • Steve25k
    Options
    I've been watching the biggest loser Australia on Amazon prime. I know it's not real life and there are hundreds of reasons why it sets unrealistic expectations BUT I still find it quite motivational.
    I find myself shouting "well of course you won't lose weight if your eat THAT" at the telly as I'm heading off to the kitchen for more snacks.

Even though it has lots of flaws, it does make me think twice.
  • Steve25k
    Options
    Telly (UK) = television (US)
  • slherber
    slherber Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting my Get Healthy journey once again. My knees have been bothering me so I went to the doctor. I had a bad car accident in my 20's and he said the impact affected my knees and because of my weight gain it had anplified the injury. I use to have a treadmill, but i found if to be difficult with my knee and ankle pain. I bought a stationary cycling bike to keep my weight off those areas to help me lose weight. Also... My fiance does not cook what so ever and I work more hours then he does. He buys microwave foods and snacks for himself and the kids. When i get home its really difficult to avoid those things. I try to get to the store before he does to get the healthy stuff, but my kids love that stuff too. Nothing left for me but the stuff my fiance buys. I'm glad my kids love healthy foods, but sharing is caring. 😉 I just have to get motivated to make a scheduled grocery shops on my days off and prepare meals ahead just so I can stay healthy. Any ideas on prepared Healthy meal recipes?
  • lilacs510
    lilacs510 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Meal prep helps me a lot!!! When I am really really busy, I have splurged on grocery delivery, because it is worth it to me and prevents me from eating more junk. Every Saturday morning I wake up, get an iced coffee and make my meal plan and grocery list for the week. I actually sometimes look forward to it now. Paleo works for my body type, so I will often make bean less chili, meatballs, chicken Thai meatballs, soups and freeze them so I always have a quick healthy meal to microwave on a busy day. I do a lot of sheet pan meals (usually something like chicken and asparagus). I use leftover chicken a lot and put it on top of bagged salad or frozen cauliflower rice. Those are just some things that have helped me! Also if you have a Trader Joe’s near you, they have soooo many quick and easy frozen foods that I use on a busy day.
    slherber wrote: »
    I'm restarting my Get Healthy journey once again. My knees have been bothering me so I went to the doctor. I had a bad car accident in my 20's and he said the impact affected my knees and because of my weight gain it had anplified the injury. I use to have a treadmill, but i found if to be difficult with my knee and ankle pain. I bought a stationary cycling bike to keep my weight off those areas to help me lose weight. Also... My fiance does not cook what so ever and I work more hours then he does. He buys microwave foods and snacks for himself and the kids. When i get home its really difficult to avoid those things. I try to get to the store before he does to get the healthy stuff, but my kids love that stuff too. Nothing left for me but the stuff my fiance buys. I'm glad my kids love healthy foods, but sharing is caring. 😉 I just have to get motivated to make a scheduled grocery shops on my days off and prepare meals ahead just so I can stay healthy. Any ideas on prepared Healthy meal recipes?

• mamaj0215
    mamaj0215 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Yall!

Wife and mom of 5 wonderful kids here! I'm also 29. I am in desperate need of accountability and motivation. I have downloaded and done fitness pal multi-million times but this time it is different. I'm hoping to lose weight, but if not I just want to be healthier version of myself. To me there is a difference and it can all be about mindset. It does get hard and you start to "settle". Having 5 kids and a huge grocery bill makes it harder to stick with a healthy diet (for me) and to even try and meal prep. I always feel that there is room for improvement and ways to do better. I forgot to mention I am back in college (*palm to face*).

My ultimate goal is to be healthier and praying I can lose 50lbs+ <3

SW: 250.8
    CW: 248.4
    Started journey: 7/13/20

Any at home workouts and recipes would be greatly appreciated!
  • mamaj0215
    mamaj0215 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I forgot to post my name! :D My name is Jess oh and I'm from south Alabama
  • projectmefitmom
    Options
    Nice to meet you all!!! @mamaj0215 & @slherber so happy to have you guys here!
  • slherber
    slherber Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! @projectmefitmom
  • ddepallo1
    ddepallo1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Diane. I'm a 64 yr old woman from VA. After hearing about MFP for years, I finally decided to give it a try. So far it's working out. I am person who enjoys connecting with others and giving and getting support. This sounded like a group that could provide that. I've been a food addict since the age of 10, sugar being the main culprit. Trying to get serious now given I'm getting older and have to be concerned about health issues. I have 25 pounds to lose to reach my goal of getting below 200 by year end. I work with a weight clinic near me and after months of no gym, I just bought an elliptical. I'm up to 20 minutes a day now. And I just restarted my food plans (for the zillionth time) a few days ago. I can always use help with motivation, managing cravings and definitely putting the brakes on a potential binge. My friends consider me a sensitive person and a good listener. So hopefully we can help each other.
  • jcrav77
    jcrav77 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Jamie
    43 yo proud mother of 4 children (23 girl, 20boy,16Girl, 9 boy) and Oma to one Beautiful little 3yo girl. MIL to a 21 yo Boy and countless bonus kids. Lol they are my life.

I’m an Infection Prevention Nurse. Early on in the pandemic it was easy to loose weight. I didn’t have time to eat and I was running around like a mad woman. But stress and exhaustion have slowed my loss.

Recently I had a health scare when I ended up in the hospital with SVT, basically a fast and irregular heart beat. After a clean heart cath where my Dr said I have arteries of a 23 yo Yay! I was excited to know I can exercise as much as my fused ankle will allow. Lol I am ready to get this stress under control and the rest of the weight I want to loose off and control the SVT. Because of the SVT I have to stop the caffeine and need to reduce stress. Weight loss will likely help too.

So excited to meet more people with the same goals and cheer each other on and motivate.

I have lost 48lbs and want to loose 45 more.

I workout at home and like to cook but don’t have hours to do it. My weakness is salty and crunchy. I’m not a huge sweet eater but I do like ice cream now and then. (Hot fudge Sunday with lots of nuts)

Happy Thursday! So ready for the weekend!
  • projectmefitmom
    Options
    ddepallo1 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Diane. I'm a 64 yr old woman from VA. After hearing about MFP for years, I finally decided to give it a try. So far it's working out. I am person who enjoys connecting with others and giving and getting support. This sounded like a group that could provide that. I've been a food addict since the age of 10, sugar being the main culprit. Trying to get serious now given I'm getting older and have to be concerned about health issues. I have 25 pounds to lose to reach my goal of getting below 200 by year end. I work with a weight clinic near me and after months of no gym, I just bought an elliptical. I'm up to 20 minutes a day now. And I just restarted my food plans (for the zillionth time) a few days ago. I can always use help with motivation, managing cravings and definitely putting the brakes on a potential binge. My friends consider me a sensitive person and a good listener. So hopefully we can help each other.

We are so happy to have you here! Welcome and thanks for joining!
  • projectmefitmom
    Options
    jcrav77 wrote: »
    Hi I am Jamie
    43 yo proud mother of 4 children (23 girl, 20boy,16Girl, 9 boy) and Oma to one Beautiful little 3yo girl. MIL to a 21 yo Boy and countless bonus kids. Lol they are my life.

I’m an Infection Prevention Nurse. Early on in the pandemic it was easy to loose weight. I didn’t have time to eat and I was running around like a mad woman. But stress and exhaustion have slowed my loss.

Recently I had a health scare when I ended up in the hospital with SVT, basically a fast and irregular heart beat. After a clean heart cath where my Dr said I have arteries of a 23 yo Yay! I was excited to know I can exercise as much as my fused ankle will allow. Lol I am ready to get this stress under control and the rest of the weight I want to loose off and control the SVT. Because of the SVT I have to stop the caffeine and need to reduce stress. Weight loss will likely help too.

So excited to meet more people with the same goals and cheer each other on and motivate.

I have lost 48lbs and want to loose 45 more.

I workout at home and like to cook but don’t have hours to do it. My weakness is salty and crunchy. I’m not a huge sweet eater but I do like ice cream now and then. (Hot fudge Sunday with lots of nuts)

Happy Thursday! So ready for the weekend!

First let me say thank you for all that you do as an infection prevention Nurse! I work at a hospital with surgery scheduling and let me tell ya I am so happy to have all kinds of nurses in this time of need!
    Also thanks for joining and I hope this group is a nice fit for you!!!