Weigh In - Mon 20th - Sun 26th Jul

Options
tinkerbellang83
tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
Please check you are posting in the correct week.

If you are new, please check out Page 1 of the Intro/FAQ thread

Feel free to drop into the General Chat thread for chat weight loss and general stuff.

And for newbs you can find the monthly progress reports here showing month to month weight variance and your progress from start weight to goal (where info has been given in your posts).

Replies

• bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    SW=210.4
    GW=190 (best for maintenance)
    LW = 208.8
    CW= 208.8
    change 0.0

Holding steady. I do good during the week, but the weekends are a struggle.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    SW: 246.3 lbs (27 Feb 2017)
    GW: 146.3 lbs
    Weigh In Info
    LW: 217.7 lbs
    CW: 218.6 lbs
    change: +0.9 lbs

Digging deep for something; the rate of increase has slowed.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    Hey @bluebird321 -18 lbs would put you at GW and it would put me at "sub 200." With healthy consistent reasonable progress, how long for us both to drop 18?
  • thomasjohnlynch
    thomasjohnlynch Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Start: 232 lbs (Sept 11, 2012)
    GOAL: 175 lbs

Weigh In Info
    ============
    LastWk: 190.5 lbs
    CurWk: 184.7 lbs

5.80 lbs loss

Last week I said: "traveling all week this could be a challenge." Well you have no idea. This will likely rebound maybe.

Flew to Ft. Myers from NY/LI to board up my mother-in-law's house and DRIVE her the 1,800 miles north to LI, stopping in Raleigh to see her daughter and son.

Trying to NOT eat the 2 boxes of Bob Evans sausage, 4 eggs, multiple waffles, and half a loaf of bread and other "love" food she knows I don't eat.......I hast fully mixed a large 32 oz of blender-ed/chopped carrots, celery, 4 apples, and a bunch of nuts and guzzled it down. About the consistency of mulch. about 5 hours later made ANOTHER. The for "dinner" I caved and had a massive bowl of bean soup with about a half a pound of German spaetzle (my wife and whole family is German/Yugoslavian/Hungarian) I HAD to eat the whole casserole bowl because we would have to throw it all out???

Woke up at 2 am in a bit of pain in my right side.......not the left and lower like my 4 boughts of diverticulitis in 2017, 2018, 2019, last year when they gave me narcotics for my knee operation (a no-no but they missed it)

Well I decide to tough it out and went from Ft. Myers/Northport FL to just about Jacksonville FL and the pain was TOO much. Checked in, NG tube down my nose to my stomach and intestines (small), an echo, a CT Scan, and then some live x-ray tracking and 1.5 liters of "stuff" pumped out of my intestines. My "blockage" was cleared. 2.5 days later I was out and driving to Raleigh to pick up Mom-Mom. Her son had driven the 12 hours round trip to take her up when I got admitted.

Jumped on the scale after a week and viola. Only been having clear liquids, jello, and now plant based yogurt.

5.8 lbs from Monday to Monday. Yikes. a few pictures below. (maybe tmi)

Anyway hoping to keep some of this off, I thought with all the fluids taken, but I have been drinking and taking on liquids for days so maybe the 2 days of NO food burned the fat off??

We will see.....the tale is in the "tape"

sqtbpo95pnyc.jpg

6qi02o6u0o3g.jpg

• ytai_c
    ytai_c Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    SW: 242.7 (2 December 2019)
    GW: 151

LW: 234.5
    CW: 234.3
    Variance: -0.2

Sorry I am late, it is Tuesday here in Sydney so the weigh in was yesterday. I was not happy with it. I can give an update that this morning I was a bit lighter and moving in the right direction.
  • ytai_c
    ytai_c Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    thomasjohnlynch, may you have a full and speedy recovery ... of health without the pounds.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    SW: 255.7lbs
    LW: 263.4lbs
    CW: 264.6lbs
    +1.2lbs
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Geez @thomasjohnlynch hope you are well soon!

SW: 195.4 lbs
    GW: 140 lbs
    LW: 159 lbs
    CW 159 lbs

0 loss or gain. Basically maintained this weight for 4 months looking at my weight graph (April - July) So that is a win of some sorts!
  • MegansMom2011
    MegansMom2011 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Y1 SW 194 lbs 2/12/17
    Y2 SW 179 lbs 1/4/18
    Y3 SW 150 lbs 1/1/19
    Y4 SW 156.8lbs 1/1/2020
    GW 125 lbs
    LW 157.6 lbs 7/11/20
    CW 158.8 lbs 7/25/20 (+1.2 lbs)

Total weight loss: -35.2 lbs!

Up a little bit from last week. Not really sure why either, since I've been exercising and walking a lot more, and completing my diary with most days being under my calorie goal. Oh well, it is what it is. I'm doing the C25K program again and my 8 year old daughter is doing it with me. So at least I'm getting healthier overall.
  • nexangelus
    Options
    Up a little bit from last week. Not really sure why either, since I've been exercising and walking a lot more, and completing my diary with most days being under my calorie goal. Oh well, it is what it is. I'm doing the C25K program again and my 8 year old daughter is doing it with me. So at least I'm getting healthier overall.

I found water retention for recovery from running higher than when I weight train. It happens when you start doing a lot of a new exercise, muscles retain water and glycogen. Also, salty foods can keep the water weight high....could be a combo of these, once running is a routine, it might all settle out...I admire anyone who sticks with running, I find it hard...so kudos : )

• nexangelus
    Options
    Also MegansMom2011, are you drinking enough water/liquids? I have 3 - 4 litres a day. But I am a sweaty bod....ha!
  • MegansMom2011
    MegansMom2011 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    nexangelus wrote: »
    Also MegansMom2011, are you drinking enough water/liquids? I have 3 - 4 litres a day. But I am a sweaty bod....ha!

All good points. Yes, I drink a ton of water every day. The only thing I drink is water and black coffee.

I'm thinking that I must be retaining water from salty food or something. Either way, I'm not going to stop going for the goals!
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Hey @bluebird321 -18 lbs would put you at GW and it would put me at "sub 200." With healthy consistent reasonable progress, how long for us both to drop 18?

At the rate i'm going, probably not before the end of the year. I'm having an issue with cutting back on the weekends after doing good throughout the week.

This discussion has been closed.