TEAM: Run-Track-Minds (August)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• suzer4
    suzer4 Posts: 42 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hello 👋 I found this challenge and thought it would be perfect motivation. I lost about 45# back in 2017 although not at goal I was satisfied to maintain. And I kept it off until I found myself up 10# in the past month. Stress snacking. :s Ugh been on that slide before. So here's to us! May we all achieve great things for our wellbeing.
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I’m amber :)
    I am 29 years old and I’m from Michigan! I’ve been off and on in this group for awhile. Towards the beginning of the year, I committed myself to sticking with my goals and I lost like 10-15 pounds! I was so proud of myself! But then the pandemic started and then I started using excuses again and before I knew it, I gained it back. I love this group so much and that’s why i came back! Cause I’m ready to shed these pounds again and push forward!

Let’s do this everyone! We can accomplish august together!
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm Rita. 69 years old (but my mind sees the number 39)! I have been doing the up and down thing between 219-230 lbs since I joined mfp 7 years ago and I'm ready to see the number go into the teens and below for good. This group will help with accountablility and I'm already seeing some progress since my weigh-in on Monday. It's my time and I am ready!

GO TEAM! Let's take the trophy this month!!
  • liveyenna
    liveyenna Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club! 😁
  • twinkle150
    twinkle150 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

I am 54 years old and live in Washington State. I am hoping the challenge will help me stick to logging my meals. I have found that works best for me to stay on target and not stress eat.
  • germaine_yee
    germaine_yee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Username: germaine_yee
    Week: Friday (Week 1 of August)
    PW = 141.54 lb
    CW = 141.54 lb
  • suzer4
    Options
    @twinkle150 I noticed your profile pic! My name is Suzanne and I'm 53 and live in PA. I started riding lessons a year ago to live out my childhood dream. I want to lose weight for my health but also for the lovely lesson horse LOL
  • liveyenna
    liveyenna Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    @twinkle150 - @suzer4 I also used to be around horses! When I get fitter again I want to try and get into horse riding again. It's not only the riding that I love, it's also just being around horses. Sometimes I go to a friends barn to help him clean the stables and take care of the lads.

Daily post Saturday
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: little over
    Exercise: yes, 30min calisthenics + small walk

It's really hot here in Belgium, we have a heatwave coming in! It's around 30° and it will be even hotter next week. Does anyone else struggle to work out with such heat? I get super sweaty and get black spots in front of my eyes. 😣
  • nebslp
    Options
    Daily check in Saturday:
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes, 25 minutes walking hills and 10 minutes weeding a flowerbed.

We finally had a cool down and temps were in the low 80’s so it was a great day for a walk. I just stayed inside much of when the heat index got in the upper 90’s. @liveyenna be careful out in that heat and remember to drink lots of water💧
  • noiseydonut
    noiseydonut Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello team! I'm super excited to be a part of this group as i need a some motivation to stay on track. I am working on losing about 50 pounds. My main goal is just to be more active and re-learn how to eat. I hope everyone has a great and productive week!
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Username: skullsandskeletons
    Week: August Week 1
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 175
    CW: 175

Hello to all the new members! This is a great group. I've been in this group for over a year and love it! I've lost 75 pounds since March 2019. I would love to lose about 10 more pounds but have been plateauing for a couple of months now. That's okay, though! This is a lifelong commitment!
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Username: germaine_yee
    Week: Friday (Week 1 of August)
    PW = 141.54 lb
    CW = 141.54 lb

Week 1 of august starts today so please log your week 1 weight this Friday :)
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new folks and welcome back to all the “old” folks!

I’m the captain so please let me know if you have any questions.

I have been struggling with my mental health and just been bouncing up and down 10 lbs for the last couple months. Gotta do better this month!

We do an optional daily challenge that helps with accountability so please feel free to participate. We do it in this format:

Daily Post (Day of the week)
    Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Under/over
    Exercise: yes/no/what you did
    Day: any comments about your day, any successes or anything you want to work on.

I’m also adding for myself these items as they are big issues for me:
    Water: -/10 cups
    Snacking: yes/no (hoping for a no lol)

Looking forward to crushing august with y’all :)
  • nebslp
    Options
    Daily post: Sunday
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 20 min fast walk
  • skullsandskeletons
    Options
    Daily post Sunday
    Calories: slightly over
    Exercise: no
    Day: good overall. Sunday is food prep day and I enjoy doing that.
  • skullsandskeletons
    Options
    Daily post Sunday
    Calories: slightly over
    Exercise: no
    Day: good overall. Sunday is food prep day and I enjoy doing that.

Oops I was under calories today. Miscalculation
  • Lucianaflo16
    Lucianaflo16 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm from Perú :)
    i feel very motivated. I've lost 33 pounds since march! i'm at 157 lbs
    what are some workouts you guys are planning on doing?
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    (Daily Post - Sun. August 2)
    Logged food: Yes
    Stayed under: no
    Exercise: yes - worked 9.5 hours on my feet!
    Water Intake: 8 cups
    Day: my day went good! I was really sleepy from my long day at work! Sunday’s are my longest days! However, I drank my goal for water so I’m happy about that! But I was so dehydrated cuz at work it gets hot and no time to drink until I’m on my break.
  • suzer4
    Options
    Username: suzer4
    Week: August Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 171.5
    CW: 166.5
  • nebslp
    Options
    Username: nebslp