Leah’s OMAD Journal

Replies

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Hi Leah ---just reading your post and WELCOME to Wonderland :) you are doing awesome.....just keep on omading on and you will get to where you want to be.....I was well over 200 when I started.....and it can be done......

I am like you though....once I wake up the monster I can eat and eat just mindless crap like carbs or crackers.......I had a major snacksaddint before vacay.......just coulnd't stop it with animal crackers......but I just moved on the next day and put it behind me.....but the amazing thing about this group and these lovely peeps is we all screw up.....we confess it and move on.....no one here is perfect and that is why i fit in so well......

I am your neighbor to the south ---and man it is hot here.....I am so ready for summer to be over........I am in TN :)

• Leah_62803
    Leah_62803 Posts: 292 Member
    Oh man. I did perfect today but made Cajun chicken pasta for dinner and....ugh. I ate way too much. It was yummy though.
  • Leah_62803

I’ve lost exactly 17 lbs. That seems like a lot. I really need to focus on that number because it IS a good amount. I’m having a little bit of a problem feeling like I look the exact same as I did before I started. My clothing size hasn’t changed and I still look the same in the mirror. :/
    My clothes might be fitting a little better but I don’t know if that’s just in my head or not. I just want to hurry up and be in the stage where I can buy new clothes and feel good about myself. I’m sure that’s what everyone wants. It’s still just hard to be happy with 196.8 when most of my life I’ve been significantly smaller.

But 17 lbs is A LOT!!!
  • volgirl1322
    You are so right, 17 is a lot! And congrats on getting that far....It is so awesome!!!!! And even though you may not see anything with clothes fitting better that is really good! Sometimes when I look in the mirror I still see my 200+ self......it is just a thing I think that most women struggle with.

Super proud of you!!!! <3
  • Leah_62803
    Thanks. And I know 17 lbs isn't really a huge amount compared to other people here and compared to what I still have to lose...but I only decided to lose weight on 6/10 (and started OMAD on 6/12) so 17 lbs is a lot in that amount of time. If you would have told me 2 months ago that I was going to lose almost 20 lbs, I would have been jumping up and down with excitement.

But now I'm just like "huh...I'm still fat." :D

It'll be ok though. I really need to figure out how to get more exercise in. I had that plan of walking 4 days a week but that has proven to be harder than I expected. I don't know why. I think partially because weekend mornings are cuddle time so it's hard to cut that short.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    LMAO our brains are funny like that!!! 17 pounds is FABULOUS!!! Esp in what amounts to 7 weeks!!! FABUOUS!!!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    17 pounds in 7 weeks - that’s an amazing achievement👍👏😘 I know how you feel though, whenever I look in the mirror, I still see myself at my HW. Keep up the good work 👍🥰
  • Leah_62803
    Still alive. Weekend has been good but not great food wise. Not BAD but not great. We always eat out on the weekends so it’s never perfect but my husband and I have such different priorities when it comes to dieting. It makes weekends hard sometimes. Like this weekend we had a little date night and he wanted to get a special drink (not alcoholic, just calories). I hate drinking my calories (because I love food) but I told myself that it was ok because it was a date night. Then the next morning he wants to go out to breakfast. UGH. I’m not a breakfast person at all so ruining my calorie count on breakfast sounds AWFUL. So I said I didn’t want to and he got upset. Then we were kind of snippy with each other.
    And it does suck for him because he LOVES breakfast. We sort of compromised and now we’re having breakfast for dinner tomorrow. Yay... Lol
    We also had a movie night and I mindlessly munched on popcorn.
    I’m kind of irritated with myself.
  • Leah_62803
    Ate lunch today because we had a picnic at the veterans cemetery where my father in law is buried. Every few months we try to go up there for a picnic and visit. It’s a pretty area and has a nice walking trail around a small pond. It was a very pretty day.
    So I ate a smaller than normal dinner tonight.

I haven’t really weighed myself this weekend but I expect that I’ve probably stayed the same or went up a little.
  • Leah_62803
    I seem to be a little stuck right now at 195ish. Went from 195.8 to 195.6 to 195.4 and back to 195.8 this morning. Ugh. I know it’ll keep moving down eventually.
  • volgirl1322
    it will....don't give up.......drink as much water as you can tolerate it is magic sometimes :)
  • Leah_62803
    Finally broke out of the 195s this morning and weighed 194.4 so hopefully it’ll keep going down for a bit until I get stuck somewhere else. :p

I am so proud of myself right now. I’ve been asking my husband to please move the old treadmill out into the family room so that I can start using it again. I haven’t used it in probably 6 years and it’s been folded up and getting dust and cobwebs in a storage room. For weeks I’ve been asking and he’s been making excuses that it’ll be too hard to move because there’s other stuff around it and he’d have to move that stuff and then move around stuff in the family room to make room and it’s really heavy... Well, this morning I decided that I was done begging and so I did it myself. It was awful and nearly impossible to do by myself but I did it! I’m too sweaty and sore now to even think about using it but it’s there for me when I’m ready!
  • volgirl1322
    You go girl :) that is awesome........After you get over being sore, you can put it to good use:)......I have been married a very long time, and I have just done things myself when I get tired of asking too :)......

Congrats on the 194.4 ----downward you go!!!
  • Leah_62803
    I feel like I’m not doing good suddenly and it’s frustrating. I’m sure it’s my own fault because I haven’t been consistent about calorie counting but I mean, come on...I’m eating one meal a day. And I’m not going crazy with it either so I seriously doubt I’m going over my calories. Regardless, I did make sure to schedule some dinners for this week that I know are lower calorie. So I should hopefully carve off a little more. At least I’m not gaining, I guess. Maybe it’s just slowing down.

I’ve been on the treadmill every day since I moved it. I actually feel a little guilty because I normally walk the dog on the weekends but instead she’s been laying next to the treadmill while I walk. Haha. Poor thing.
    I’m sort of contemplating trying the C25K app again. I don’t know. I’ve always wanted to be a runner but I’m also extremely scared to hurt my back again.
  • volgirl1322
    It could be that the exercise is holding on to the weight.....so be patient.....I had issues with not losing for the first few weeks I was spinning, but I could tell in my clothes that I was losing, it is not always about the number on the scale :)

You got this :)
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    WOO! Congrats getting in to the onderlands!!

I definitely know how you feel about not feeling like there is any physical difference. Don't worry, it WILL happen though. Just one day, you'll look in to the mirror and will have to do a double take b/c suddenly you'll notice there's a difference. When I first started all of this, I didn't notice any difference until I was about 30lbs down. It's just suddenly, I started to lose in more noticeable areas of my body.
    It will happen :)

And I agree with vol. It could be the exercising that's causing a temporary stall in weight.

Keep going! It sounds like you're kicking some major booty!
  • Leah_62803
    I took a break from the treadmill yesterday...and my weight finally went down a little bit. Just a tiny bit but I’m at 193.8 this morning.

Which also means that I’ve officially lost 20 lbs since I started. :)

I’m due to start my period in a few days so I might take a break from weighing. I don’t know. It’s addictive.

I also want to apologize for not being very social and commenting on other posts right now. I haven’t been feeling great. Not physically but emotionally and mentally. I get like this sometimes and right now I think it’s because I’m stressed over school starting back up and worrying about everything. Including finances because we usually have more time to prepare and get school supplies and clothes but this year everything is so last minute. And this is the first year that we’ve got all 3 kids in school at once. It’s just a lot. I feel like I’m off my parenting game. I woke up in the middle of the night panicking because I realized that I forgot they needed new shoes. Lol
    So anyway, when I’m stressed like this I have a tendency to sort of fold into myself. I’ve been distant with coworkers and even my husband. I have to force myself to interact.
  • volgirl1322
    It is super stressful right now....no need to apologize.....take the time you need :). Super cool on 20lbs that is amazing :) WOW.........

I assume school is starting in person where you are located? We have virtual school here unitl at least Labor day, and perhaps longer.......Nashville is sucking right now with how many new cases we keep having.......

Sending you some hugs :)
  • Leah_62803
    It is super stressful right now....no need to apologize.....take the time you need :). Super cool on 20lbs that is amazing :) WOW.........

I assume school is starting in person where you are located? We have virtual school here unitl at least Labor day, and perhaps longer.......Nashville is sucking right now with how many new cases we keep having.......

Sending you some hugs :)

Yes. :(
    I’m not happy with it but there’s not much I can do about it. That’s why everything is so last minute because they weren’t telling us what was happening until last week. So now suddenly I have a ton of school supplies to buy! And my oldest is starting middle school and this is all new to us. Fees for chrome books and supplies for electives when we don’t even have his schedule yet. Ahhhhhhhhh! Lol
  • volgirl1322
    Our district let us know in Mid-July which was pretty nice of them. They promised free chrome books to all students, but they have since run out. Not a biggie for us, thankfully, he had a laptop but I feel bad for others......My youngest is in 8th grade......Best of luck with the start of school......