Introduce yourself

2»

Replies

• saltysparkle
    saltysparkle Posts: 145 Member
    Hi all, my name is Mari (rhymes with starry).

I'm 43 and proud mum to one tween (whom I share custody of), and stepmom to one 21 year old who lives across the state. I'm also neighborhood auntie in a close-knit neighborhood to many assorted kidlets-through-teens.

In the last five years, I've had a lot of stress and I've eaten my way through all of it. Especial lowlights were my mom dying, being the first responder at a traumatic accident site, my ex leaving me, and having to leave the career I loved so I could support my son, and moving three times into smaller and smaller places.

Fortunately, I have remarried, no longer have to do the job I hated in a toxic environment, and can move my life in a positive direction! Part of that is I need to dump all the weight I've gained and get back to being my old, happier, self.

Original Starting Weight: 177 lbs.
    MFP Starting Weight: 166 lbs.
    CW: 162.5 lbs
    GW: 120 lbs.

-Mari

P.S. Props to all you healthcare workers. I was a medical scheduler and secretary all through high school and college, and even tried out being a nurse assistant to see if nursing was for me. It wasn't. :) But I have more respect than ever for everyone doing the work, especially during this pandemic.
  • projectmefitmom
    projectmefitmom Posts: 51 Member
    Hi all, my name is Mari (rhymes with starry).

I'm 43 and proud mum to one tween (whom I share custody of), and stepmom to one 21 year old who lives across the state. I'm also neighborhood auntie in a close-knit neighborhood to many assorted kidlets-through-teens.

In the last five years, I've had a lot of stress and I've eaten my way through all of it. Especial lowlights were my mom dying, being the first responder at a traumatic accident site, my ex leaving me, and having to leave the career I loved so I could support my son, and moving three times into smaller and smaller places.

Fortunately, I have remarried, no longer have to do the job I hated in a toxic environment, and can move my life in a positive direction! Part of that is I need to dump all the weight I've gained and get back to being my old, happier, self.

Original Starting Weight: 177 lbs.
    MFP Starting Weight: 166 lbs.
    CW: 162.5 lbs
    GW: 120 lbs.

-Mari

P.S. Props to all you healthcare workers. I was a medical scheduler and secretary all through high school and college, and even tried out being a nurse assistant to see if nursing was for me. It wasn't. :) But I have more respect than ever for everyone doing the work, especially during this pandemic.

Welcome welcome welcome!!!! Look at you with the weight loss!!! How awesome!!!! Hope you like our tight knit little group here!
  • jcrav77
    jcrav77 Posts: 584 Member
    jcrav77 wrote: »
    Hi I am Jamie
    43 yo proud mother of 4 children (23 girl, 20boy,16Girl, 9 boy) and Oma to one Beautiful little 3yo girl. MIL to a 21 yo Boy and countless bonus kids. Lol they are my life.

I’m an Infection Prevention Nurse. Early on in the pandemic it was easy to loose weight. I didn’t have time to eat and I was running around like a mad woman. But stress and exhaustion have slowed my loss.

Recently I had a health scare when I ended up in the hospital with SVT, basically a fast and irregular heart beat. After a clean heart cath where my Dr said I have arteries of a 23 yo Yay! I was excited to know I can exercise as much as my fused ankle will allow. Lol I am ready to get this stress under control and the rest of the weight I want to loose off and control the SVT. Because of the SVT I have to stop the caffeine and need to reduce stress. Weight loss will likely help too.

So excited to meet more people with the same goals and cheer each other on and motivate.

I have lost 48lbs and want to loose 45 more.

I workout at home and like to cook but don’t have hours to do it. My weakness is salty and crunchy. I’m not a huge sweet eater but I do like ice cream now and then. (Hot fudge Sunday with lots of nuts)

Happy Thursday! So ready for the weekend!

First let me say thank you for all that you do as an infection prevention Nurse! I work at a hospital with surgery scheduling and let me tell ya I am so happy to have all kinds of nurses in this time of need!
    Also thanks for joining and I hope this group is a nice fit for you!!!

Thank you so much. It takes a team.
  • veggiepat
    veggiepat Posts: 127 Member
    Hi Everyone! I'm Patti from Ohio and started a week ago. I have lost a lot of weight through the years and now starting fresh again and working on keeping myself out of the hospital with congestive heart failure since November. I have lost 20 pounds on a low sodium diet, but need to lose more for health and wellness.

Thank you for all the lst responders and health care workers and everyone for everything you do in this pandemic. I have worked in the health care field for over 30 years. And thank you for this group. It really helps to be accountable! We can do it!

Starting weight: 203
    Will weigh again on Monday.
  • saltysparkle
    Welcome, Patti!
  • Steve25k
    Steve25k Posts: 125 Member
    Is there anybody still in this group?
  • saltysparkle
    I'm still here!
  • human_bean
    human_bean Posts: 51 Member
    Hello guys! Anyone still hanging out here?

Im looking for some communication and support on my health journey 😊
  • Redskins_Gal
    Redskins_Gal Posts: 6 Member
    Hi I’m new in this group. Need help with the accountability with my eating and motivation with wanting to workout. I’m 42 and live in VA. Fitness isn’t new to me as I use to workout 6 days a week and use to be in the best shape of my life a year and half ago. My husbands 13 month deployment caused depression and isolation and LOTS of eating and No motivation. Now he is back and I’m 30 lbs heavier. Hope to find friends on here to help with my mind set.