PW: 199
    CW: 197.2
    LTD: 14.8
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    Previous weight: 196
    Current weight: 199.4

Well, this makes me feel bad, but not horrible because I WAS expecting a bad weigh in! This week was AWFUL! I had A LOT of junk and more sweets than I've had in a long time...*Sigh* I WILL turn this week around, do better and have a loss next weigh in!

The good news is that some of that excess weight is just water, and will drop off as soon as your body is done processing salts and whatnot. Also, one bad week isn't indicative of anything. Everyone slips up sometimes - you can easily come back from this!

As Lisa steps back a bit to re-join us as a team member, Ashley @minstrelofsarcasm, steps up to take her place as co-captain together with me. I am really pleased that Ashley accepted this challenge. She brings so much to the table. She's young and savvy, resilient and intelligent, an outstanding communicator, and a natural leader. And she doesn't live in Toronto. :wink:

It's an exciting new day tomorrow for each of these women, and for us as a team as we work toward our goals.

Hugs all around!

Both you and @Cafelelia have been hyping me up so much, I'll have to try harder to meet these expectations! And while I don't live in Toronto, I still live in the Midwest USA, so it's not that different. :wink:

@Hope002 - You look incredible! Awesome progress! And what is that on the plate?? I keep trying to figure it out, but it's probably easier to just ask you.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Sunday check in
    It was a chaotic day, as the first day back after vacation always is. I think that I did 10 loads of laundry, it’s all a blur! I started up longer IF again yesterday and stuck to my plan. Thanks to everyone for your kind words and hugs. I agree with Theresa that September is a great time for new goals and resolutions. I need to put together a plan of what working out will look like in September and I guess some September goals too. Where did August go? In any event, we did fantastic as team last week, hurray!

@minstrelofsarcasm - I agree, the Midwest & Toronto have a lot of similarities!
    @KristieJC - Nice loss!
    @hope002 - Amazing pic and transformation! I love how you used the same clothes!
    @1theresamcvean - Big hug!
    @tryingagain5 - It is nice to see you posting again. Lots of folks gained during the pandemic, you are not alone. Glad that you are getting some more hours at work.
    @lennoncpa - Happy belated birthday! Hope that you had a great day!

• brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    08/23 steps 11606
  • KristieJC
    KristieJC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    @hope002 thats amazing!!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    @hope002 Amazing progress! Very inspiring.
    @Cafelelia Glad you're remaining with the team. Thank you for everything you've done during your captain-hood. You helped me through some rough times on more than one occasion. Glad you're taking time to focus on you and your family!
    Good luck @minstrelofsarcasm! We're an unruly bunch LOL Just kidding!

Happy Monday! Just quickly skimmed through 3 pages of posts as I had fallen behind. I totally misbehaved this weekend. Friday night we got takeout Thai food for dinner. Then I scarfed down the leftovers Saturday. Last night I had seconds at dinner. Not because I was hungry but because a neighbor had given us halibut from Alaska! Yum!! I don't care for leftover fish and couldn't bring myself to throw away Alaskan Halibut so down the hatch it went. Plus a few too many liquid calories and it deteriorated into an F-it type of weekend.

So... back on track today!! If I don't turn it around, weigh in day won't be pretty. Wildfire smoke has settled into the Bitterroot Valley not just from Montana wildfires but from fires in neighboring states. Took the dogs for an early morning 3.5 mile hike but its icky to be outside for very long. Already over 10,000 steps and down 4 glasses of water at 10:30. Meals are planned and pre-logged. Just finished breakfast of greek yogurt, flax seed meal, granola and blueberries. Planning to take some time today to meal plan the next couple of day.

Wishing everyone a great week!
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Just sharing my lifting progress
    Squat 105# all exercises 2 sets of 10 reps
    mxl88ziyaokb.jpg

Bench press 65#
    6du3md25fn0k.jpg

Rows 89#
    iq00d7qjfa8k.jpg

Deadlift 135#
    uarbd67x42wf.jpg
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Monday 8/24
    20,667 step total
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @hope002 great form! You have really made progress on your fitness goals.
    @nstephenson01 I would have eaten the halibut too. Sounds like you have a great turn around plan.
    @lennoncpa I’m in awe at your birthday cake accomplishment! Very impressive! Great job!
    @Cafelelia that’s a lot of laundry! Vacations are great but there is that transition time. We started coming back early to allow a few days to recuperate. Hang in there your doing great!

Yesterday back to work after 3 weeks off. Had a great day. Was able to catch up with everything including 400 emails. And one of my branches is receiving top honors for most improved and 3rd most productive branch in the region. My other branch consistently hits last place of 19th. I have really worked hard with both branches. My other branch has now moved up to 9th place. I make fun monthly contests for my teams. I drew pictures of everyone on a boat wearing swimsuits with fishing poles. I cut out 35 fish that corresponds to our goals. So while I have been away, my teams have been busy fishing.
    I told Molly this would be a good time to retire while I’m riding high. Lol.
    I ate too much yesterday. Not sure if it was nervous energy or a release from being so strict for 3 weeks. My exercise and sleep have been on target.
    I’m ready for a good food day as well today! Up early to do yoga and my walk.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    08//24 steps 15423
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    @lennoncpa - Happy Belated! And awesome self control - maybe that was your birthday gift to yourself?

@hope002 - Wow! You look so strong #goals

@Freeglerock - In terms of water consumption, I have a water bottle within arms reach at all times, and an alarm that goes off every two hours to remind me to adjust my posture at my desk, drink water, and release the tension in my shoulders. I find that I often fall off the wagon as soon as the afternoon hits, so the alarms definitely help me get back on it. Also - enjoy your alone time! Must feel nice to get a break, regardless of how well-behaved your children may be!

@Mrsbell8well - One day out of three weeks isn't too bad when it comes to eating well! And you're already up and at 'em, so today shouldn't be a problem at all! Good on you for bouncing back so quickly
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Monday check in
    I had a good day yesterday and was on target with food and water. The theme of this week may be “chaos” as it was another chaotic day. The school saga continues for my younger son. I received an email yesterday with the title “September Return to School Plan”. I opened it excitedly. The email was short saying they are still figuring things out and will get back to us next week. Omg, why bother to send the email?! On the NSV front, my older son loves to play basketball at a local school down the street. We were getting very close to supper time and I told him he couldn’t go. So he decides to bolt out of the house down the street, with his younger brother following him in bare feet. They were laughing all they way and thought I would just let them go. I ran after then & caught them! They were so surprised and were like, “wow mom, you are fast!”

@mrsbell8well - returning not work is always a transition, just be good to yourself and take it day by day.

@freeglerock - I love your doughnut slide story! We both had great NSVs when it comes to our kids! Enjoy you time alone. I know it can feel strange, but it is a great opportunity to focus on yourself.

@hope002 - Thanks for sharing those photos, they are so inspiring! You are #liftinggoals!

@nstephenson01 - I think it is totally fine to have f-it meals, especially when it involves Alaskan Halibut! Love that you are planning your meals!
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    xX_phoenixrising_Xx
    Weigh in week 4
    PW 254.6 (115.4 kg)
    CW 253.9 (115.2 kg)

My weight is still staying high after the creatine loading. I've been in a calorie deficit and consistently exercising six days per week with spinning and lifting so I'm not worried. It will drop when it drops.

Meanwhile I fit into my Wonder Woman sports bra again (it was snug when I bought it, then got too small. Now it's almost too big!) and I am making consistent gains in lifting without triggering pain or migraine. I realised yesterday that I almost don't care what my weight is doing, I just want to be able to keep working out, and I want to be strong again. I want my muscles back!

Kristy, I wish I had a Wonder Woman sports bra! Instead, I have this:
    e3eksny4f6y0.jpg

If this is the worst he does at your house, count yourself lucky...the invisible man, historically, is one nasty kitten.

Yeah, I saw that movie! He's baaadd!! But got what he deserved at the end!!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia I LOVE your NSV! It made my night! Lol
This discussion has been closed.