Weight No More Team Chat- August 2020

Options

Replies

• tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @hope002
    Wow! Impressive! I'm not at that level for sure.

Is that a home gym or are gyms open where you are? I miss my gym!
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @Freeglerock
    You can do it! We all can, even though sometimes it's hard. I wonder do we (I) sometimes make it harder than it should be? Of course with everything going on right now it's seems everything is harder but we can all work through it together.
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    @hope002
    Wow! Impressive! I'm not at that level for sure.

Is that a home gym or are gyms open where you are? I miss my gym!

My home gym. I've had it for over 3 years and I love it. I'm not comfortable lifting in front of others, I hate being judged
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    @tryingagain5 I reckon we probably do make things harder for ourselves. For example, at the moment I am really struggling to hit play on my workout videos, and I really do not know why! A month back I really looked forward to my evening exercises, and felt so good afterwards. What is stopping me now? No idea. I should just suck it up and do it. I think getting past the procrastination is most of my battle, because once doing it I know its easier to continue. And you are very right, we can do it, and we can do it together! I know that I am better when active on this group - I find everyone, including you, very inspiring and motivational (so I'm very pleased to see you posting again).
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Username: jedaschultz
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week:4
    PW (Previous Weight): 202.2
    CW (Current Weight): 202.4
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    17,777 8/25
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    16753 - tuesdays steps

Still haven’t fixed the app on my phone - but pulled this my wrist.
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Freeglerock
    Week 4
    PW: 173.4
    CW: 172.7
    LTD: 45.8

So, my weight has been pretty crazy this week - and on Sunday it was up at around 178lb. A lot of that was due to eating out somewhere with very salty food, but some due to bad food and drink choices gradually increasing over a couple of weeks.

Check-in: Tues 25th Aug
    Food: Logged and under calorie goal
    Water: About 2l
    Exercise: 30min walk and 30min run, 9,749 steps

Yesterday was a very quiet day! Very strange to be working from home and not having the constant interruptions from the kids wanting food, help getting toys out or wanting to play outside. After work I decided to go for a run (inspired by @Cafelelia NSV - how awesome!), managed to run/jog a mile before I slowed to a walk to catch my breath before running again - never thought I could do that!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    xX_phoenixrising_Xx
    Weigh in week 4
    PW 254.6 (115.4 kg)
    CW 253.9 (115.2 kg)

My weight is still staying high after the creatine loading. I've been in a calorie deficit and consistently exercising six days per week with spinning and lifting so I'm not worried. It will drop when it drops.

Meanwhile I fit into my Wonder Woman sports bra again (it was snug when I bought it, then got too small. Now it's almost too big!) and I am making consistent gains in lifting without triggering pain or migraine. I realised yesterday that I almost don't care what my weight is doing, I just want to be able to keep working out, and I want to be strong again. I want my muscles back!

Kristy, I wish I had a Wonder Woman sports bra! Instead, I have this:
    e3eksny4f6y0.jpg

If this is the worst he does at your house, count yourself lucky...the invisible man, historically, is one nasty kitten.

Yeah, I saw that movie! He's baaadd!! But got what he deserved at the end!!

Well, in the original HG Wells novel, he's bad. Alan Moore (one sick puppy) did a graphic novel (maybe several) and he was horrific. There have been several films...League of Extrordinary Gentlemen was based on Moore's version, toned down a lot. Have not seen the new film, don't need to: bad man does bad things, maybe died after mob with pitchforks come after him.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    melaniedscott
    week 4
    PW: 212
    CW: 210.2

Does severe vertigo burn a lot of calories? All that spinning...
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Had my 2nd PT yesterday. He really worked me hard. Said he is working on strengthening my left side. Makes since.
    Tired this morning but getting ready to do morning yoga and short walk with Lula Mae.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,240 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Update on Me: Had a bit of an MS episode yesterday, but I think my nerves have calmed down. I'm proud of myself for not succumbing to my stress-eating tendencies, though. I'll probably head over to Cryotherapy later today to see if I can reduce some of the inflammation around my spinal cord, which is probably what caused the flare-up in the first place.

So, my weight has been pretty crazy this week - and on Sunday it was up at around 178lb. A lot of that was due to eating out somewhere with very salty food, but some due to bad food and drink choices gradually increasing over a couple of weeks.

My weight has been the same way all week! I saw a flash of 170 one morning and had to talk myself down and issue a reminder that I had eaten quite a few high-sugar items the previous day. It's crazy how our bodies can be so sensitive to certain types of foods. Seems like you're already back on the right track based on this next section:
    After work I decided to go for a run (inspired by @Cafelelia NSV - how awesome!), managed to run/jog a mile before I slowed to a walk to catch my breath before running again - never thought I could do that!

Running and I are not good friends by any means, so this is infinitely impressive to me

Have not seen the new film, don't need to: bad man does bad things, maybe died after mob with pitchforks come after him.

Unless they're planning for a sequel of some sorts, which means he did something horrible and then got away... Or if they're trying to appeal to the most recent movie trend, they give him some sympathetic backstory that you can agree with the premise of, just not the methods by which goals are met.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    08/25 steps 6121
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in
    It has turned out to be the week of chaos, which is fine, I have embraced it. I was doing a longer fast yesterday, but stopped it a bit early. Still very good though. Water was good, so was eating. The back to school news in the media is changing faster than even I can keep up with. School ventilation is the latest issue and also parent groups are starting to form to help clean and disinfect schools on a volunteer basis. I am such a planner, so this is not easy! I have to run and hope that everybody has a great day!
This discussion has been closed.