Weight No More Team Chat- August 2020

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
    Greetings WNM! I have a small request for @Mrsbell8well -- could you please check your MFP messages (inbox)? Or get in touch with me by email? liselyn@gmail.com Thanks!
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    @hope002 your form is perfect! Awesome photos 🙂

@Cafelelia Thanks for being an amazing captain, it's a huge time commitment and you are always inspiring. I love that you chased down your boys!

@minstrelofsarcasm thanks for stepping up. You are also very inspiring with everything you do as well as manage MS. I hope you're feeling better now.

@Freeglerock that's the right sort of donut! Getting active with our kids is one amazing bonus of being fitter and healthier. 🙂🙂

@lennoncpa happy (very) belated birthday, I am just now catching up on posts. 🌷

@sleepymom5 I hope you've had some rest, sleep deprivation is the worst.

@tryingagain5 it's nice to see you posting again.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Thanks! It's nice being back!
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    8/26 16,698
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Check-in: Wed 26th Aug
    Food: Logged and on plan
    Water: About 2l
    Exercise: 50min walk, 25min bodyweight training, 10min yoga (8,349 steps)

Must admit I'm just not feeling it at the moment. The enthusiasm to make the healthy choices and get my body moving is just not there, which makes it all the more difficult to do. The exercises I did yesterday I turned off before the end. Think some of it may be down to having an empty home - I am an inherently lazy person, so not having people around me means I can wallow in my laziness! Partner and kids due back tonight though....

Did make a trip to the allotment yesterday. We have had some really strong winds over the last few days and my climbing bean frame has been blown over :-( tried to push it back up but many of the bean poles snapped so think that is the end of my French and runner beans for this year.

@1theresamcvean so sorry for you loss. My thoughts are with you and your family. xx
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Because I somehow messed up the quote feature...
    Angelina said, "I have been asked to leave this group as it has been decided that the details of my detox cleanses were not compatible with the guidelines of the fat to fit forum. I have felt sadness, confusion and some shame in there."

I am both sad and confused to hear this as well. I looked around for guidelines that prohibit cleanse talk. Couldn't find any. Cleanses are not in keeping with what I would ever do or what I consider healthy but hearing your stories and seeing your wonderful photos has been interesting and fun. And they've given me some ideas for when my husband has to do liquids only for a colonoscopy soon. I'll certainly miss you (post on your wall!) here.

I thought the point was support of everyone's journey. Everyone's journey is different. What works for me doesn't work for everyone. I think that is true everywhere.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options

@minstrelofsarcasm thanks for stepping up. You are also very inspiring with everything you do as well as manage MS. I hope you're feeling better now.

Feeling much better now, thank you :smile: Here's hoping it lasts.

@tryingagain5 -

Opening up gyms right now is a bit of a Pandora's Box situation. On one hand, you're supporting the business and promoting healthier habits. But on the other, Covid-19 spreads rapidly in humid environments through liquid particles. With all of the sweating and heavy breathing in gyms, there's a lot of precautions that have to be taken in order to reduce the likelihood of spreading anything. I suppose I can see both sides. But that's coming from someone who's living in Ohio with access to a gym with a heavy duty air filtration system. If you want to move, Cleveland is pretty this time of year :wink:

Is your governor up for reelection? Because that may also be a factor in her behavior.

@1theresamcvean -

Sending all of my sympathies your way, and wishing you and your family lots of love right now. So sorry for your loss.

@Freeglerock -

I've found that it's a true measure of character, the decisions we make when we're not "feeling it". That's when all the little choices come to play and affect our entire day. Even starting your workout is a million times better than never starting - it was just shorter than you originally thought, that's all. So sorry to hear about your beans! (Never thought I would write that sentence before)
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    08/26 steps 9578
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @1theresamcvean
    So sorry for your loss
    Hugs to you and your family
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm

I do understand the dilemma about opening gyms. The whole issue is that they have been open in upper Michigan and not lower Michigan. They were supposed to open in lower Michigan at the end of June but the governor got a last minute ruling by a judge to keep them closed. By last minute I mean 3 hours before they were supposed to be open.

If it was as big of a problem as the governor is claiming the gyms in northern Michigan would also be closed, not just the ones in lower Michigan. Not sure what her issue is with gyms.

Many of her executive orders haven't made sense which is why everyone is incredibly frustrated.

I'm glad you have access to a gym. I do like Michigan so probably won't be moving to Cleveland or anywhere else soon but thanks for the offer.

No, I don't believe the governor is up for reelection yet but I'm not sure. I know she was hoping to become Joe Biden's running mate.

I just don't want to see all these businesses close permanently, not just the gyms but the others that have been closed for almost 5 months. Things were supposed to shut down for a few weeks to "flatten the curve" and that has been done.

Thanks for letting me post my frustrated rant again.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    We were told at work last night that the OT cap has been removed and if we want to we can work 12 hours every day, 6 days a week.

72 hours in one week is a lot of hours. It would be great on the paycheck but not so much on the body. Our pay would be 40 hours at regular pay, 20 hours at our OT rate and 12 hours at double time.

I asked several coworkers if they were going to do it and most of the answers I got were "heck, no". I'm not planning on doing that either. I'm tired with my 12 hours of OT, I can't imagine working 72 hours in one week.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    pacsnc6
    Thursday weigh in
    Week 4
    PW 159.1
    CW 160

I stayed at 159 for almost a week, what happened today? Not sure, probably extra fluids.
    I am happy to be that close to the 150s finally.

Saturday is our anniversary, 50 years!!!, we are going out to dinner with our kids. I had been hoping to plan a big party with more family and friends but first I was diagnosed with cancer in the liver and then a day or two later the coronavirus shut every thing down. So much for a big celebration. My Mom wanted to be here for this and for my grandson's high school graduation in June (she lives in MA, we're in NC) and is very disappointed. A small celebration with family is good too.

Not sure if I gave an update on my treatment, I had the second dose of keytruda last week. My eyes swelled up but less than the first time and it lasted only 2-3 days. But the itch is much worse. I am still taking Benadryl 4 or 5 times a day. I am glad the regimen for this is every three weeks, and takes only 30 minutes for the infusion.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean sorry for your loss

@Mrsbell8well sorry to see you go

@tryingagain5 our gyms in NH have just recently opened, we have to wear a mask going in and get our temps taken at the door. they have signs everywhere saying to wipe down the equipment but they have always had those and people never did before the pandemic so i dont trust them to do it now. i just go for the classes. they have tape on the floor and say 43 people can come to class but thank goodness not that many people show up. Only about 10 tops. i also went bowling 2 weeks ago and they had every other lane open which was great. and you had to wear a mask until you got to your lane. it was a lot of fun.

i forgot to weigh in this morning i was running late, we are getting back into our regular work hours and those 15 minutes make a difference bright and early in the morning. i have to get back into a routine so i am not stressed in the morning and stick with it. i was looking at myself in the mirror at zumba the other day and did not like what i was looking at. so i really need to make the changes or the scale is just going to keep moving in the wrong direction. not sure what it will say this week because of tom, hoping it won't be that bad.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @tryingagain5
    I understand your frustration about the gyms. Here in NC the governor has decided at the last minute each month to keep the gyms and bars closed. The operators are upset because they have tried hard to meet all the requirements of space and cleanings etc. and other places are allowed to open with precautions in place. A lot of the gyms will be closing for good if not allowed to open soon. But is it really safe? I don't go to a gym myself so not sure. I did go to water aerobics at a city owned indoor pool for several years and I miss it. I have not tried to go back since March and starting chemo in April.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    FWIW, I live in Missouri and my gym has been open since mid May. I have been playing racquetball since mid May, and to my knowledge there has not been any COVID related cases at this gym or any others in town.
This discussion has been closed.