Daily exercise

Options
2»

Replies

• Steve25k
    Steve25k Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    A quick bike ride with my son this morning before work (at home). It was only 35 mins and about 4 miles but over 400 calories burnt according to my watch.

Explains why I piled on the pounds since I stopped the 15 mile daily cycle commute.
  • Steve25k
    Options
    C25K week 2 day 2 today. I found the NHS podcast to run with which I find better than any of the apps I found. A mix of music I don't know and some encouraging words from Laura telling me when to run and when to walk.

I'm going to delete the app and stick with the podcasts I think.

Hope you all have an excellent day.
  • saltysparkle
    saltysparkle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Steve25K, sounds like you are killing it out there!

Did you stop the bike commute because of covid-19? Is that something that will start. up again?

You've got me thinking about biking. My bike needs a tune-up, and I'm not a strong rider, but when I've got a bike path and some free time, I do enjoy it. Hmm.
  • Steve25k
    Options
    Did you stop the bike commute because of covid-19? Is that something that will start. up again?

I stopped about 2 years ago. I started working in London for a few months (train commute) and then when that stopped and I was working locally again I was just out of the habit. I also sometimes have to nip home at lunchtime to walk my dog, I don't have time to do that using a bike.

I'm thinking of getting an electric bike which would mean I could do it and not be too sweaty when I get back to work.

Hope you're well.
  • saltysparkle
    Options
    I do wish more of us could commute in a ways that give us exercise! When I used to commute by train, I often wished there were a "dance car" on the train. It seemed dreadful to sit still for an hour a day when I was struggling to find time to exercise after the commute and work.

Daisy and I got our daily walk in today. A bit late, but we did it. And then I walked again giving someone a tour of the neighborhood. I walked for a bit over 90 minutes.
  • Steve25k
    Options
    C25K week 3 day 1 for me today. The longest run was 3 minutes which wasn't too bad. This programme seems to be working for me and I'm enjoying seeing myself make progress.
  • saltysparkle
    Options
    We did our walk. Nothing exciting, but we did it. :)
  • saltysparkle
    Options
    How's everyone doing today?

I had a major case of the DON'T WANNAs, but I got up and I got out, and I'm glad I did. We only walked for 45 min today, and I kinda had to push my little four-foot along at the end of it, but we did it. And then I did a yoga video.
  • saltysparkle
    Options
    Daisy and I walked for an hour. I wanted to stop after about 20 minutes, but pushed myself to keep going, and it ended up working out pretty well.

How are all of you doing?
  • veggiepat
    veggiepat Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Love doing Gina B. Up to the Beat Fitness on youtube. She has great dance/cardio workouts from 5 minutes to 60 minutes. She is a lot of fun and gets me going. Did 15 minutes altogether so far an working on more! [url="http://"]https://youtube.com/watch?v=DFszeBRrjlc[/url]
  • Steve25k
    Options
    I'm stuck in quarantine for 14 days so can't leave the house which meant yesterday was walking on the treadmill and cycling in the stationary bike. Not ideal but at least it was something.

I haven't really exercised at all during my holiday but we are renovating a house in France so spent a lot of time gardening, knocking down wall, chopping trees etc.
  • saltysparkle
    Options
    Yard work definitely counts as exercise! Where in France? So exciting!
  • Steve25k
    Options
    Yard work definitely counts as exercise! Where in France? So exciting!

Right in the centre, in the Loire valley. It's farmland for as far as you can see so not hugely exciting, but lots of beautiful chateaus around - it's near where my wife's family life.
  • Steve25k
    Options
    I'm still in quarantine which means exercising is limited to the stationary bike, I did 30 minutes this morning before work.

I'm looking forward to being able to get outside and restart the C25K running programme I was doing.

What are others doing for exercise today?
  • saltysparkle
    Options
    My doctors told me not to exercise this weekend; all I am allowed to do is walk the dog until Monday. I took her for 15 minutes last night, and even though I felt like hell and did not want to get out of be, I did and took her for half an hour this morning.

Steve25K, I hope the Loire valley is every bit as lovely as it looks and sounds!
  • Steve25k
    Options
    My doctors told me not to exercise this weekend
    I hope you're ok. Fingers crossed you recover quickly.

I'm about to hit the stationary bike, got 2 more days of quarantine and then I'm going to get out running again.

• Steve25k
    Options
    First day out of quarantine today and I celebrated by going for a run. Back to week 4 day 2 of the Couch 2 5k programme as I haven't run for about a month.

The run was fine, the longest stretch being 5 minutes but I managed it pretty comfortably. So I'm happy to be back on the programme.

Hope you're all finding fun ways to get your exercise in.
  • saltysparkle
    Options
    This is my first really tangible fitness gain: I can finally do a bridge again! I used to be able to do these in Olympic gymnast form as a kid, no problem. I did them right up into my 30's. Imagine my chagrin when I went to do one for the first time in a long time a few months ago and couldn't. I couldn't get off the floor at all. I couldn't event get so that the top of my head was on the floor. Nothing. But as of today...
    rexv5da9kqf9.jpg
  • Steve25k
    Options
    That's excellent, congratulations, even upside down it's a big smile. I think I would snap trying that.
  • saltysparkle
    Options
    Walked the dog, but only for a half hour today...she seemed to want to come back in early, maybe because of the rain. Thankfully, it has cleared up, and we have a social-distance walk planned with my dad this afternoon, so that should be nice. Planning to squeeze in some arm exercises, as well.