what is yours opinion about keto diet

Options

If you want to lose weight fast and efficiently try keto diet, go in and make your diet plan.
https://bit.ly/3fNwYzj

Replies

• AsheerRaza
    AsheerRaza Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Keto is one of the most effective diet I have ever seen.
    If you are not satisfied with this diet you can also you this Boiled egg diet.

Cheers!
  • charsuzy
    charsuzy Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am going to use the link to look again at my macros where the carbs I'm using seem kind of high according to another program I used.
  • Vron2000
    Vron2000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am not saying Keto is a bad diet and that you won't lose weight. However its just a diet and not a lifestyle change.

I will also say its an expensive diet. Costly flours and sugar replacements. Hard to find ingredients. Recipes requiring expensive items that you would not normally buy, if you can even find them in your local grocery store.

The hunt for decent online recipes is also elusive. I have search and read hundreds of recipes and books. Many post recipes online with ingredients missing. God forbid you know that secret ingredient that actually makes it taste decent. I followed a cheese cake cookie recipe. Could not have been any blander if you tried. I should have known when they didn't add vanilla to it. I had to smear unsweetened chocolate on it to make it even remotely edible.

The cook books are also extremely expensive. All the online sites will spam you with pops up to buy them. However, not many offer everyday recipes that don't break the budget. Its a terrible thing to spend $50.00 on food for a recipe that once is prepared isn't edible.

After a while you feel punished when you can no longer have real bread or any other comfort carbs. Which is why this is not a good lifestyle change and is only a temporary yo yo diet.
  • BeYourKindOfBeautiful
    Options
    Expensive and unfortunately it doesn't work with everyone. Its a diet. Its not as mentioned above a life style change. If you don't make changes to continue if you stop it you will yo-yo on it. Biggest Issue I have seen others have on this are weight loss plateaus and in some (Including myself) I have actually seen people gain weight on this diet. And for women this can actually cause hormone imbalances. Studies have been done suggesting that women who are postmenopausal could benefit but women who still have their reproductive organs intact or are not menopausal or post are going to have bigger issues with this diet than not. I have also seen people completely give up on exercising because they just don't have the energy to do it. Which is going to cause long term issues. People who are considering this diet need to think about the longer term. Because this diet is just a temporary fix. Not a solution. I am not saying it doesn't work. yes there are ways to combat some of the issues I have mentioned but you need to be REALLY dedicated to this and have a long term plan laid out prior to starting.
  • sam00xx
    sam00xx Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've tried keto on numerous occasions and I could never stick to it for more than 3-4 weeks. I've read where people could stick to it for months/years so its different for everyone. I found it expensive and had to consume really high amounts of protein to keep myself full.
  • tisajean1
    tisajean1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just checking if it's right for me.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    And for women this can actually cause hormone imbalances. Studies have been done suggesting that women who are postmenopausal could benefit but women who still have their reproductive organs intact or are not menopausal or post are going to have bigger issues with this diet than not.

So while this may be true for some women, it is actually strongly recommended for PCOS by the top PCOS doctors because it helps balance your hormones. Insulin is a hormone and Keto can help keep your insulin stable and at a good level so then the rest of your hormones can balance themselves out. A great many PCOS women who were unable to ovulate regularly and/or get pregnant have found that problem fixed with Keto.

However, as others have stated, you have to do your research, do it correctly, not just wing it, and see if it worked for you. There are certain macros you wanna stick to, extra salt intake since your body processes salt and electrolites differently without carbs. Know the first couple weeks can bring the 'keto flu' but there are ways to counteract it, etc. Some people have had huge success on keto long term.

I've never found it to be more expensive but it does take discipline and isn't for everyone, and that's ok. Take the time to find what works for you because losing weight and being healthier is more important than a specific way of eating.