podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Sorry my weigh in is late
    username - podperson1
    week - 4
    PW - 175.4
    CW - 175.4

@Mrsbell8well - very sad to see you go, and quite surprised that detox talk would be an issue. You've been super supportive since I've been here and I've really enjoyed your photos and recipes.
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    16,254 8/27
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 931 Member
    Options
    Have a happy birthday, Ashley!
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean - that is true love right there. I am happy that your family was able to come together now and share memories, but so sad that you lost your grandma.

@minstrelofsarcasm Happy Birthday!

@Mrsbell8well It is sad to see you leave. I suspect that the cleanses are against the MFP general rules of not promoting unhealthy eating plans, and not promoting eating under 1200 net calories per day. Not that you were 'promoting' them, but by detailing them it could be taken that way. MFP have been pretty strict about that in the past, I've been on these forums for 8 years or so now. You're obviously happy with how you are eating, and you have certainly lost a lot of weight (you look amazing with or without that last xx lbs lost). I don't know you all that well, but you've posted a lot of awesome stuff. That said, I see a lot of me in you when I was at my lowest weight and chasing maintenance or lower. I wish someone had told me, with love, how little I was eating back then before I did the serious damage to my health that I did. Because I truly thought I was being healthy at the time. Maybe I wouldn't have listened - it took me around 3 years to accept being diagnosed with anorexia. I'm one stubborn Capricorn as it turns out, and I had no idea. But truly, chasing the tiny weight isn't worth it. Be happy and healthy and love who you are - you're pretty awesome!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @mrsbell8well - I cannot say anything better than Kristy just said above and I echo her comments. You are a wonderful person. I have just sent you a message that I hope you read.

@1theresamcvean - I am so sorry about your grandmother and I became emotional reading your post. You are a fantastic granddaughter and also grandmother (and mom too)!

@ljdanny - I hope that the weigh in goes well today.

@pacsnc6 - You are right that it could be fluids. I am sorry that you are having those side effects with your treatments. 50 years, wow! Happy Anniversary!!

@tryingagain5 - With respect to that OT, you have to do what is right for you. I know it is frustrating with gyms being closed. The rules are just different everywhere and I often get confused about what is allowed and not. It is going to get more confusing here now that school is starting up.

@minstrelofsarcasm - Happy Birthday! It sounds like you have planned a great day! You just gave me a business idea for a nail salon called “manicures & milkshakes”.

@freeglerock - A lot of us feel that way sometimes, it’s ok. You can try some new things just to see if it sparks some motivation. I often just do the “fake it til you make it” approach, and I eventually get some mojo back.
  • debbiewsharpe
    Options
    @1theresamcvean
    So sorry for your loss, my prayers for you and the family. I am sure that you have so many fond memories and speaking at the service was a great tribute to your grandmother. Cherish those memories.
    Good that you could spent time with your sister, I know how precious that is. I saw my sister last week for the first time since Christmas. Covid has changed all our lives and I sure hope we can ease back in to normal soon. Take care and enjoy your visit with your son.
    Hugs for you dear friend.
  • debbiewsharpe
    Options
    I am a new member of the team, 1 month in. I have been reading the posts but have not commented much yet. I am still trying to figure out how to maneuver around the site and to get to know some of you. I started writing a post this morning but when I went back to get names, I lost everything I had written. :( So much for that, I could only get the names from today's page. I have no clue as to how to post a picture. Feel free to give advice!!!!!

@Cafelelia
    Thank you for our leadership role as captain and good that you are remaining. I hope to get to know you better.
    @minstrelofsarcasm
    Congratulations on stepping in as captain, I am looking forward to your leadership. Happy Birthday!
    @Mrsbell8well
    Sorry to see you go, I did not get a chance to get to know you. I wish you well and congratulations for reaching your goal.
    @pacsnc6
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, 50 years is quite a milestone! Good that you could find a way to celebrate. Even though it is not a huge party it sounds wonderful to spend quality time with your family.
    @tryingagain5
    I can't even imaging working that many hours, do what is right for you. Gyms closed here in NC, schools on remote learning, masks (which I do wear) and at my age 68 just staying in a lot and away from friends and family. I am sooooo ready to go out to a restaurant with our friends.
    @Freeglerock
    Motivation is key to this journey, do something entirely different! Shake it up a little, eat a new food, if you can go shopping buy a new pair of shoes or exercise clothing, try a new You tube video. Anything to get you going.

Since I can't go back to previous pages without losing my post, I will try to keep up daily.
    Wishing all of you a great weekend.
    Debbie
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean - Sending love and (distanced, but still warm) hugs your way! :pensive:
    And thank you for the birthday wishes :blush::heart:

@debbiewsharpe @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - Thank you!!!

Also! @debbiewsharpe, if you want to post a picture, there's a button at the top of the textbox that looks like a rectangle with a sun and a mountain in it (see below). If you click on that, you can upload an image from your computer, or use a link to an image online.

hohekxl0fdl8.png

As for responding to different pages of posts, there's a few options:
    • You can write your response for a specific page, copy it to a word document, and then paste it into the most recent page when you're ready
    • You can have the most recent page open in one window with your response written, and then browse the other pages in another window (and copy and paste the responses straight over)
    • You can memorize exactly what you want to say and not type anything until you reach the current page
    • You can make multiple posts, and just respond to one page at a time

@Cafelelia - Manicures and Milkshakes sounds like a phenomenal idea. The salon I'm going to today actually has a bar built into it so you can get a fancy cocktail while you get your nails done because the owner was sick and tired of salons having only water or only cheap wine options available and really just wanted a martini :smiley:
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    08/27 steps 7626
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Nwi last week
    Cw: 154.4

Vacation aftermath. I gained. Silly old me. I did great for two days, then gave in and it turned out to be a whole week of bad eating. I’m back on track since Tuesday.

Can’t wait for a new month. I have some more goals for myself. I can do it.

Also I’m a little saddened & shocked by news here. I missed about 12 days of posts and read them quick this morning. Wow.
  • debbiewsharpe
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm
    Thank you for the help, all good ideas! Well, with the exception of memorize, at my age that is not an option😍😁😉 I may try a picture soon.

brown6267
    I am enjoying the walking challenge with you
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Week 4
    Thursday
    Pw 194
    Cw 195
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Guess not too bad for damage but going the wrong way. I'm trying to convince my husband I need a spin bike, lol. He said I can put it on top of the treadmill I never use. I told him the treadmill is for winter when it's too cold to walk outside. I'm looking into using noom, does anyone here use it or know anything about it? A girl at work just started using it and seems to like it. I'll have to look into it more later today.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia
    Week 4
    Friday
    PW 148.7
    CW 148.2

This was definitely a transition week after vacation. On the back to school saga, we finally received school schedules, bus info, teacher names etc. It can all change on a dime, but at least we know what is going on during week 1. Fingers crossed!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,102 Member
    Options
    Two more wonderful teammates heading your way, WNMs! Welcome
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    nstephenson01
    Week 4
    PW:169.8
    CW: 172.8 UGH... blame it on TOM; will have a nice loss next week.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @ljdanny
    My gym is small and they aren't planning on doing classes for a while. Max capacity is around 100 or so people so 50% around 50. There's only one time I've been there where there was over 50 at one time and that was years ago when they did a competition between the trainers and some of their clients and that number included the spectators.

Wiping down the equipment is basic gym etiquette. I do agree that not everyone does but the majority of people where I go do it. I do after I work out but haven't done it before but that could always be done.
This discussion has been closed.