Weight No More Team Chat- August 2020

Options

Replies

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Thanks for all of the birthday wishes, everyone! :heart: :blush: I had such a lovely day of treating myself, and most of that wasn't on food, surprisingly! Somehow managed a loss for this morning (although I was definitely dehydrated when I weighed myself due to the lack of water consumption alongside alcohol last night...), so that was a pleasant feeling to wake up with today. Who knew that pampering yourself for once would fill the voids we think we can fill with food???

I audition to be a spin instructor today, and I am beyond nervous, so please please please send me any positive thoughts and psychic encouragement you can muster! Even if I don't end up needing it, it can't hurt. I've taken all of the precautions so far: stretching, plenty of water, lucky new leggings, my face is washed, my hair is magically contained, I'm not sitting for too long at a time... I'm debating going for a walk to try to clear my mind of the self-doubt. It's a big day for my mental health.

@goingape - Oh my goodness, your dogs are precious. How long have you had them?

@sf8813 and @mainebeachbum - Welcome to the team! We're so glad you're going to be joining us. I'll be posting my introduction in the September chat, if you're curious about who I am - please do the same over there so we can get to know you too!

You can find the September chat here.

• goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Previous weight 161.4
    New weight 161.2
    Loss this week .2
    Total loss 58.2

Tiny loss but I will take it. I think my body is equalizing with having the pill back in my system...or so I’m guessing. Will be interesting to see what happens next month.

I will joining you all next month - goal is to hit my ‘overweight’ bmi number. About 3 pounds away.
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    hope002
    Friday
    PW 172.4
    CW 172.0
    LTD 48.5
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @Melzz19
    The most I've ever worked is 62 hours and that was a couple of years ago. I'm doing about 54 now and am exhausted. I've already decided that next week I'm only going to do the mandatory OT and not the voluntary. My body needs a break.

I've never been to North Dakota. Glad you like being in a small town but it must be hard being away from family. Most of my family lives in Michigan.

It sounds like you have an interesting job. I hope work continues to pick up for you.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @1theresamcvean
    Thanks, I was hoping I wasn't offending anyone with my thoughts on gyms. I didn't think I was but sometimes it's harder to know what someone is trying to say with writing---you can't see facial expressions, which helps a lot in conversations.

From what I understand the governor is supposed to make a decision next week on gyms. There is also a lawsuit against her from them, bowling alleys and movie theaters happening next week. Not sure if that's why she's going to address it.

I also think it's great that we are "far flung" as you said. Makes it fun to know I can sit in my home in Michigan and communicate with those in other states and countries. Technology is great for that!
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    kirsten11872
    Week:4
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous weight:157.1
    Current weight:157.8
    +.7
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hello all!😊

I had a slight gain this week, but I feel ok. I’ve been losing like crazy, I feel like it’s maintenance this week. I’m so close to goal, these last few pounds are going to be the hardest to lose.

Hopefully next week I’ll see a drop on the scale.

Have a great weekend!😊
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    21,024 steps 8/29
    beautiful weather here today. Hot and sunny but a nice breeze that made walking enjoyable.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,450 Member
    Options
    Check in for the past few days
    Food-on plan!
    Water-at least 64 oz
    Exercise-I have been getting in my 30 min of cardio plus PT

Things have been going well. I have been following my plan and I also have been doing IF for 14 hours all week which is good for me. For some reason when I hit my little button on my app to start my fast I don't snack. Whatever works right? My problems are the mornings, so I try to finish eating by 7 at the latest. I prefer earlier. I would eventually like to extend it to 16 hours but one step at a time.

Welcome @sf8813 and @mainebeachbum Looking forward to getting to know you!

@minstrelofsarcasm Belated Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day! You made me think with your pampering day and food. You know, I think I could replace food with things I like to do or pampering to celebrate. Sometimes things seems like common sense but I need to be hit in the head to figure it out Lol! I am happy you had a nice birthday and I hope you did well today with the spin audition. Hugs!
    @tryingagain5 These are frustrating times to say the least-rant away! :) That is crazy with the overtime, talk about going from one extreme to the other! I am glad it isn't mandatory.
    @pacsnc6 Happy Anniversary!! 50 years! Wow! Congratulations to you and your husband! Is the itching a side effect of the treatment or an allergic reaction? I hope the benedryl is giving you some relief. I love that Duke medical center has a boutique that lets you pick out such nice things for free. It sounds like you had a nice time shopping. :)
    @ljdanny Sounds like things are sorta getting back to normal with working and getting to the gym. You will get back into a good routine soon I am sure! You made me Lol with the spin bike and treadmill conversation with your husband. He must be funny! I also wanted to comment about the running. I am not a runner but I did try to do the C25K a few times but couldn't advance after a certain point. I figured, even if I couldn't run straight through, I was still getting my heart rate up and burning more calories. I love the idea of running a song and resting a song or two. Good luck!
    @podperson1 Maintaining isn't bad! How are things going? Are you still working from home?
    @1theresamcvean Thank you for sharing that beautiful tribute and photo of your grandmother. I remember when you had all that sad news hitting you all at one time. Hugs to you and prayers for your family. xoxo
    @debbiewsharpe It is so nice to have you here. I can't get over how many steps you get in daily, I was nervous making my goal 8K for September Lol! I guess I miss it when I post my steps at night. On another note-it can be overwhelming to respond to everyone so don't feel obligated. I have lost posts here and there myself. I like Ashley's tips. I actually reply in the box at the bottom of the page, then cut and go to the next page and paste in the reply box. You do have to be careful and remember it is there and not click over to another page without taking it with you.
    @lenka1 I hope you had a great vacation! I know you will get that vacation weight of and then some!
    @nstephenson01 :( I am sorry to see you go. I will miss you. It is important to do what is best for you. Hugs.
    @annliz23 I love the inspirational post you post here and on the MFP page. :) Thanks for always brightening my day...or making me think.
    @Melzz19 Nice loss! Sounds like you have a nice weekend planned! Enjoy!
    @goingape Amazing steps! Love the pics of your dogs! Looks like they are having fun in the stream.
    @brown6267 Looks like maintenance is going well for you :)
    @hope002 Nice loss! You must be getting close to where you want to be. You look incredible!
    @kirsten11872 You are doing so well, I know that is just a little blip. You are almost to goal-I am so excited for you!!
  • timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Timibotkin
    PW 280.8
    CW 280.8
    Surprised it wasn’t up... we left early this morning and I almost forgot to enter it!
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    Thanks for letting me rant.😊 I don't like to do that but sometimes have to.😊

Yes, work has been crazy with the extremes. Not sure if it's a temporary busy or not. I'm glad it's not all mandatory OT too. Only Saturday is mandatory (Friday night for 3rd shift). It's nice they give us a choice during the week.
  • hope002
    Options
    sleepymom5 wrote: »

Things have been going well. I have been following my plan and I also have been doing IF for 14 hours all week which is good for me. For some reason when I hit my little button on my app to start my fast I don't snack. Whatever works right? My problems are the mornings, so I try to finish eating by 7 at the latest. I prefer earlier. I would eventually like to extend it to 16 hours but one step at a time.

The app button helped me a lot too. It's like a switch, it works :).
    Don't rush moving to 16 hours, continue with 14 until it gets easy, then increase by 30-60 min a week. If yo go too fast, it's easy to fail
  • hope002
    Options
    03hd4bbjdd7k.png
  • debbiewsharpe
    Options
    pw 126.8
    cw 128.8
    looks like I need to eat light today. I am still in my maintenance range though. I try to stay between 126-129.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,294 Member
    Options
    PW 123
    CW 123
    Steps
    Sun 11,084
    Mon 4,765
    Turns 3,836
    Wed 12,929
    Thur 3,317
    Fri 12,443
    Sat 14,755
    Total 63,129
  • debbiewsharpe
    Options
    I am in need of a new pair of walking shoes, I guess all the walking I have been doing has taken its toll on my shoes and my feet. I have a narrow foot and according to the podiatrist a very slender foot without much fat on the bottom. Guess I lost weight in my feet instead of my butt. Also at my age (68 )every time you go to the doctor you hear "at your age" then they finish with something they say is age related. Sometimes I just want to tell the children doctors to figure out what is going on and hold the age card for later.

To get back to my point - any suggestions on shoes.
    I am currently wearing asics (because I was told they run narrow) and my last pair were Brooks.

@sleepymom5 and @hope002
    Interested in the fasting, what app do you use? Do you count your hours asleep in the fasting time? How about water? As you can see I know nothing about it but would like to try it.
    @tryingagain5
    I am still trying to get to know y'all. What is you job with all the long hours? Hope you are getting good rest!
    Timibotkin
    At least there was no gain this week for you, I added instead of subtracted, grrrrrrrr
    @ljdannyljdanny
    love the running idea, I walk a lot but never have been much of a runner. I may try a few sprints along my walk today to see what happens. It might just surprise the heck out of my old body!
    @kirsten11872
    congrats on getting near your goal! I think we all have the ups and downs, the key for me is when I see a weekly UP, I get back at it a little harder. I weigh every day but the weekly weight here sure gives me a good picture of overall weight.
    @1theresamcvean1theresamcve
    thanks for sharing the picture, still praying for you and your family
    @1theresamcvean1
    congrats on the spinning instruction! Celebrating without food is certainly a WIN!
    @Zumba_Luvah
    Great attitude on the slight gain, it happens. How you deal with it is the key and "you got this"
    @goingape
    a loss is a loss, ounces add up to pounds. CONGRATS
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    08/29 steps 11297
This discussion has been closed.