Mission Slimpossibles - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I will catch up with reading all the posts. For the time being, can you please list my starting weight at 97kg? I would hate to start the week with a gain on the spread sheet :'(
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 Thanks for that. I needed this reminder! <3 I am often guilty of the all or nothing mindset and it is indeed dangerous! That's good that your mom and Jerry can still cook. It's certainly understandable that there is depression going on. Hopefully not too much and hopefully some of it goes away.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! Woo hoo! Now to kick some butt this week. I love knick-knacks but don't have any because I don't want to dust them! :)

Hello everyone! Happy Sunday. I'm about to go get loaded up with healthy groceries. I usually grocery shop on Saturday and order them ahead of time and just pick them up but I didn't do it this time so now I have to bear the crowds lol. I hope everyone has a good day.

Saturday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: ---
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: track everything, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    GabiV125
    Check in day Wednesday
    Hi everyone, my name is Gabi, I’m 48, I leave in Fairfax VA, I’m married and have 2 daughters , 14 and 21. My oldest just went back to college, so is just us , the cranky teenager, a dog and a cat.
    I was the extra skinny kid growing up, and maintained effortlessly a healthy weight until my second pregnancy, when I put 60lb and was totally baffled when it stayed on. I was completely not equipped to deal with it, and for 14y I did all kind of diets , failed and started again, angrier and more ashamed as before. Did not help that my work got busier as time went by and me-time ended up disappearing completely, just to be able to keep my head above the water.
    5 years ago I changed course, got a slow and steady job 7miles away(goodbye hours in traffic), less pay , but less stress and started slowly to rediscover my old self. I had some success weight wise, but plato-ed since January.
    Been on MFP for a year and last month found the forums and challenges and this awesome group.
    September would be my second from a long string of months here.
    I’m about 20lb from my weight goal, never a very active person , but I do a fair amount of walking. I love the support and encouragement here, along with the incredible stories.

Welcome all new colleagues and let the games begin!
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 thanks for asking about my allotment veggies. Apologies for the late reply, tge app kept freezing. Anyway, besides sweetcorns and potatoes, I grew carrots and mangetout (snow pea). That's all harvested. Now I'm looking after cauliflower, aubergine (eggplant), beetroot amd hopefully pumpkin but it's only seedling stage...I was a bit late deciding to grow it.

SIMPLE INTRODUCTION
    Welcome September newbies amd hello Slimpossibles regulars!
    Been part of Slimpossibles for 2 years. I started keto and dropped weight but had to stop. Randomly, at lockdown/circuit breaker I was 73kg now after lockdown/circuit breaker I'm 10kg lost. Finally 63kg. But I'm aiming for 55kg. It helped that I had to water the allotment so it was a guaranteed 30min walk a day, everyday.

***WEIGH IN ***

Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 5 - Aug 2020 Sunday
    PW 138.6 (62.9kg)
    CW 137.7lbs (62.5kg)

Lost - to the week before previous weight.

I lots more when I went for a 3hr walk but then gained again as I ate carbs the following days. Plus it was 2 fist full of rice. I should have done better to portion control.

Ate lunch at a restaurant for the 1st 3 days of the week. Then a banana and walnut cake slice every day from Tuesday that my friend baked a a pre birthday gift.
    My birthday is in less than two weeks on 7th September. It's always hard as I always see food as a gift to myself and overload.

My tummy is feeling unsettled maybe as unused to all that restaurant food rather than the bland vegetables I usually eat.

GOALS
    1. Not to eat chocolate for a week
    2. Eat vegetable meal for dinner only
  • BethB554
    BethB554 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 I when my water intake is up, everything else follows too. Who knew water was important? :D

@vegan4lyfe2012 I have that same problem with soda and sweets. It’s like they stimulate my brain and I end up with obsessive thoughts about them.

It was so great to see all the stats posted from Aug today! Congrats to all the winners (or should I say losers??) I apologize, sometimes the dad jokes are strong in me. o:)

Saturday check in:
    Calories: Over/under: under
    Water: Way over
    Exercise: Helped friends move. I am totally counting it as exercise. It was exhausting and my feet hurt today.

Goals for improvement: Keep drinking the water. Keep logging food, preferably BEFORE I put it in my mouth. I had a contemplation about ice cream on Sat night and I decided it wasn’t worth it after I logged it (before I ate it) so I didn’t eat it. That was a good feeling. Of course this morning hubs made muffins and I ate one of those before I logged it. I’m a work in progress.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hi Team! Just a quick check-in tonight because I am beat! I just got home from a lovely little wedding shower my staff and their spouses surprised our worship pastor and his bride-to-be with. We all ate and laughed and it was so good to just hang out with my favorite group of people and have fun. I have my plan set for September and plan to hit it hard starting tomorrow. I tried out a sample workout of the new program I'm going to start in another week. It's called Ten Rounds and it is a combo of boxing and weights. I'm very uncoordinated but it looks super fun and guaranteed to make me sweat! :grin:
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,618 Member
    Options
    So I'm not sure whether I was supposed to weigh in or not...my weigh in day is Friday, which is in August not September...anyway I'll put it here and if it's not relevant then just ignore please!

***WEIGH IN ***
    USER: TwistedSassette
    WEIGH-IN DAY: Friday
    PW: 138.3kg
    CW: 138.0kg

***DAILY CHECK IN - SUNDAY 30TH AUGUST***
    Calories: Under
    Water: Under
    Exercise: None, just a little stretching
    Goals/Improvements for tomorrow: Track calories, 30 mins exercise.

I spent some time on my "Set Me Up Sunday" getting ready for the week ahead - made a tuna mornay for lunches for the week, did all my washing etc. so I'm ready to have a good week!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Great loss! I love this: "I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday! Don't forget to hydrate, eat your veggies, and love yourself for who you are!"

@apple852hk Yay, another September baby, let's pull out those sapphires! I've done no sweetener for over a month and am finding cocoa powder rolled on frozen grapes and on frozen bananas are just like having chocolate! I went through a Costco-sized container of grapes in three days they're so good!

@BethB554 Sounds like you made good decisions all the way around, we can't expect to be perfect as much as we want to be!

@andreiya12 We need to get that scale moving! You have a bunch of horror lovers here, I just finished an Anne Rice book!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    Sunday check-in
    Exercise- arm cardio (2 hours, I went crazy listening to Prince and Nightwish!), arm resistance bands, guided meditation for sacral chakra, earth energy meditation, Kundalini medidtation
    Calories- under
    Water- awesome!

I've been working on my September goals and am a little down, I miss being able to do new stuff and having fitness goals SO bad! I did the same two videos for two hours, one's 8 minutes and the other is 12. I went through my old videos and it's pretty depressing, I still can't do any of the other things. I'm going to try dancing to one song a day just to do something different than arm cardio and perhaps I can start doing 1 mile walks again by the end of the month. I'll switch up the chakra healing and yoga a bit so it's something I can do without it being too strenuous. A lot of those videos are long and I prefer short videos, I'll see what I can find.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Last night I had 3 friends over for dinner and I killed it! Not exactly in terms of food quantity, but quality: I overate fish, salad and watermelon !!! - and beer, but will ignore that.
    The second thing I’m so proud of myself is that I did not make 10 dishes this time, only 3, so I was not exhausted when the doorbell rang.
    I kept on walking past my scale this morning and that’s it.
    Baby steps to be kind and patient to/with yourself, are awesome!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Not much to report here. Have a good day!

Sunday
    Calories: over/under: even
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: ---
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: track everything, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options

Sunday
    Calories: over/under: under
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: over 10000 steps
    Goals more walking and weights
  • anido1
    anido1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Username: anido1