Leah’s OMAD Journal

Replies

• Leah_62803
    Leah_62803 Posts: 292 Member
    Our district let us know in Mid-July which was pretty nice of them. They promised free chrome books to all students, but they have since run out. Not a biggie for us, thankfully, he had a laptop but I feel bad for others......My youngest is in 8th grade......Best of luck with the start of school......

We were actually wondering if we could just buy our own chrome book for him to use but I don’t think we can. I might ask when we go up there later this week to drop off his supplies.

• Leah_62803
    My weight is not coming off very fast at all. Yesterday I was 193.4 so only a tiny bit down. Ugh.
  • Leah_62803
    I’ve been doing really good the last couple days and I’m coming off my period so things are looking up!
    191.0 this morning. :)

Last night we went to the school to meet our youngest son’s PreK teacher and drop off his stuff. Today we are going to the middle school for a quick tour and to drop off my oldest son’s supplies. My poor middle kid has to carry all her stuff in with her on the first day of school Monday because she’s not new to her building so she didn’t get to go in early.
    Monday is going to be ROUGH. It will be the first kid free day I’ve had in a long time. You know what my favorite thing to do on kid free days was????? EAT!!!! I’d get something special for lunch and chow down. MMmmmm. Honestly, I might still do that. I’m going to be crying all day anyway.
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Well allow yourself to treat yourself with a crying meal on Monday ---not having anyone around would certainly be a reason :). Hope it all goes well. We are in week 2 of virtual and supposedly will find out Monday what the plan is. Our cases are still going up, so I doubt they will do in-person anytime soon!

Congrats on 191 ---that is awesome!!!!
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Awww, I'm sure it's gonna be weird with all the kids in school, but you'll adjust just fine I'm sure. Maybe come up with a new tradition? Instead of eating think of just something else you enjoy doing. Maybe just go sit on a bench in a pretty part of town and enjoy the peace and quiet lol. /shrugs Or hell, enjoy that lunch. If you want to OMAD still, switch OMAD time to lunch time and enjoy it :)

And yay for the weight coming back off!!
    Also don't even worry about not being social. I think we all get like that every once in a while. I know I certainly do.
  • Leah_62803
    Still going but slowly. I’ve been under a lot of stress and anxiety. My step dad had covid and had to be rushed to the ER because he couldn’t breathe. He’s ok now but it was rough because he got a blood clot in his lung and things were scary for a little bit. He’s back home and recovering.
    And my kids started school at the same time as all that so ugh.

I’ve been doing ok on OMAD for the most part but I had a cheat WEEKEND and gained like 5 lbs. :D
    This morning I’m back down at 189.2 so that feels nice.
    In a couple weeks I’m going to full time at work. I’m short of sad about it but it will also be good. More money and benefits...and it should be easier for me to strictly stick to OMAD for at least 5 days a week. So I’m excited to see what results I get from that.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Oh dear <3 Thank goodness your step-dad is A-OK now <3 Great news on your 189! :+1: Keep up the good work <3
  • volgirl1322
    Glad your step dad is okay!! And wow----super great on the weight loss you are doing awesome!!!!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Glad your step-dad is getting better from covid and hopefully he doesn't have long term side effects.

My daughter and granddaughter just went back to school today and I'm stressed about it. Good luck at your job and yes being busy will make OMAD easier :)
  • Leah_62803
    Still chugging along. Been busy busy. School is in full swing for my kids and I started full time last week. I really hope it helps my weight loss because I have NOT been doing well. I’m down to 187.4 this morning which means that I’ve lost a little over 3 lbs in the last 30 DAYS. Ugh. It’s my own fault because I’m letting myself slack so much on the weekends. The weather is getting nicer and we are doing more on the weekends and having fun...and fun = food to me. It always has and realistically always will. I’m not sure if I even want to change that. I just really love food and it makes me happy.
    I’m hoping that if I’m more strict through the week, I’ll be able to keep my weekend (Saturday) cheats.
  • volgirl1322
    3 lbs is still awesome :) I am the same way on the weekends I don't pay attention too much! I try to be more strict during the week so I can enjoy the weekends......You will get there!!!1

• jadepearl
    3lbs loss is still a loss, my dear :+1: For me, I am just plain stuck at my weight :( Same here, my weekends are more like cheat day :lol:
  • Leah_62803
    I’m really irritated right now. I think maybe my weight on the 20th (187.4) wasn’t correct. I hadn’t been weighing myself several days before that day because I was on my period and my weight always goes up when I’m on my period. I also had a really big cheat weekend right before the 20th. We took the kids out to eat a big lunch and then had ice cream (although I did skip dinner that night). So I expected my weight to be up but was pleasantly surprised to see it down to 187.4 Sunday morning.
    Anyway, my weight’s been up every since then. I weighed the very next day and I was 191 something. I thought it was weird but assumed it could be a fluke and it’d go back down because there’s no way I really gained 4 lbs. Wrong because I’ve been fighting tooth and nail to get it down.
    This morning I’m at 189.0 and I’m feeling so frustrated. I’ve been perfect this whole week because I’ve been working. No snacking at all.
    This crap is what always makes me give up!!! I hate that I can work so f***** hard for MONTHS and then feel like I screw it all up by having a fun weekend with my family.
  • jadepearl
    (((Hugs))) I know how you feel as I am in the same boat! :( Just keep at it as I believe the body will give up fighting with you :)
  • volgirl1322
    <3 Hugs to you.....it gets tougher as you continue to lose. I think at one point, while really being perfect, I was in a plateau for almost a month, we all have been there. DON"T GIVE UP :) !!!!! I have been there, and that is always what I wanted to do, and I did do it sometimes, only to regret it. Try not to be too hard on yourself, and keep doing what you are doing. SOmetimes our body just wants to be stubborn :)

Sending you a virtual hug :)<3
  • Leah_62803
    I’m not going to give up but I still feel really angry about it.
  • kbmichb
    kbmichb Posts: 21 Member
    I always struggle with weight gain from hormonal like cortisol or period bs. Sometimes I’ll gain weight 2 weeks before my period and I have to wait until it’s over.
  • jadepearl
    I know how you feel...been there and right now am there once again :angry: But I know if I keep doing what I am doing, eventually my body will give up fighting with me. So, hang in there and you will see the whoosh! :)
  • Leah_62803
    I’m up to 193.0 this morning. I’m telling myself that it has to be something weird going on but I just don’t know.
    I did eat a small lunch Saturday and Sunday but didn’t go crazy or anything.
  • jadepearl
    It might be something salty that you ate that is holding some water weight? Also, I know that water plays a huge part and I am trying my very best to drink at least 2 litres per day. I don't weigh myself on Mondays as I tend to over-eat on Sundays...lol. So, I start weighing myself on Tuesday onwards and see what damage I have done to myself. Hope its just some water weight and you will see some loss soon. Keep up the good work <3:+1: